Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
After 1st period Tappara lead by 1-0. Laine had breakaway and bury his first goal in glove side on finals behind Husso. Buuhuuu:rant:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Well, if you're gonna get beat, might as well get beat by someone who's likely going to be a stud here very shortly and not some random scrub lol.

I'm assuming he's looked good otherwise?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Well, if you're gonna get beat, might as well get beat by someone who's likely going to be a stud here very shortly and not some random scrub lol.

I'm assuming he's looked good otherwise?

Hude has been playing his best game(s), but those goals were too difficult to him.

It's now 3-0 to Tappara and series will be 2-2 after this game.

Hah, Husso just take 10min misconduct penalty, he knocks of own net on purpose.

Last edited:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Hude has been playing his best game(s), but those goals were too difficult to him.

Sounds like he's just having an off game. Hopefully the next game he's much better. Thanks for the updates!

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So I see that the home team this series is 4-0, out scoring the away team 15-1. Is home ice advantage really that key in Finland or is this a bit of an anomaly?

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou

Haha love to hear that Husso has some fire. Can't wait to see this guy in the NHL in a couple years

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
So I see that the home team this series is 4-0, out scoring the away team 15-1. Is home ice advantage really that key in Finland or is this a bit of an anomaly?

I'd say that home ice is not that important. It's just coincidence. Although if you're up 3-0 the motivation to score more goals instead of playing it safe might be bigger in front of your own fan crowd.

wloff

May 25, 2013
So we lost game 5 2-1 after Husso allowed a ridiculously soft goal. But it never should have even been an attack cause Tappara played with 6 skaters in the lead up, which I guess caused Husso to stop concentrating or something as he thought it was going to be a penalty. Which it should've been. I don't think I've ever been that pissed after a game of hockey.

Regardless, it was a really weak shot and there's no way Husso should've allowed it. He's great when he's great, but still gets these lapses of concentration. Not the best time of the year to do that.

Game 6 is in an hour or so. I'm still pissed. There better be a ****ing game 7 this Friday.

Congrats for beating Blackhawks, btw! I'm rooting for you guys this year.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So we lost game 5 2-1 after Husso allowed a ridiculously soft goal. But it never should have even been an attack cause Tappara played with 6 skaters in the lead up, which I guess caused Husso to stop concentrating or something as he thought it was going to be a penalty. Which it should've been. I don't think I've ever been that pissed after a game of hockey.

Regardless, it was a really weak shot and there's no way Husso should've allowed it. He's great when he's great, but still gets these lapses of concentration. Not the best time of the year to do that.

Game 6 is in an hour or so. I'm still pissed. There better be a ****ing game 7 this Friday.

Congrats for beating Blackhawks, btw! I'm rooting for you guys this year.

Wow. I just watched the highlights of that game and yeah, Tappara definitely had 6 guys on the ice for a while there before their game winning goal. Can something like that not be fixed via replay?

And now it looks like Tappara just won Game 6 2-1 so they win the series 4-2. Wow.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Wow. I just watched the highlights of that game and yeah, Tappara definitely had 6 guys on the ice for a while there before their game winning goal. Can something like that not be fixed via replay?

And now it looks like Tappara just won Game 6 2-1 so they win the series 4-2. Wow.

Shame. Husso played very good playoffs and trend was build up higher level how season went futher. Only negative thing was his poise (the difference of good and bad day) which is normal to younger goaltender, so hopely that will fix in time.

I really don't know what else to say, I guess 'this is it'. Finland is behind and NA is next. I really don't see why woulnd't he crack in Chicago Wolves roster in next year and bigger picture maybe get call-ups if injuries up. I think this boy is mentally and physically ready for NA in AHL league, so couple years at AHL would be ideal for him and the St. Louis Blues franchise if look Elliott/Allen tandem.

See at the summer in the camp and hope the best for the kid. :bb:

Here is Husso stats.

2015-2016 season
Code:
regular season 	GP3  W25 L9 SO5 GAA% 1,91 S% 92,74%

post-season	GP15 W8 L6 SO4 GAA% 1,55 S% 93,52%

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Shame. Husso played very good playoffs and trend was build up higher level how season went futher. Only negative thing was his poise (the difference of good and bad day) which is normal to younger goaltender, so hopely that will fix in time.

I really don't know what else to say, I guess 'this is it'. Finland is behind and NA is next. I really don't see why woulnd't he crack in Chicago Wolves roster in next year and bigger picture maybe get call-ups if injuries up. I think this boy is mentally and physically ready for NA in AHL league, so couple years at AHL would be ideal for him and the St. Louis Blues franchise if look Elliott/Allen tandem.

Here is Husso stats.

2015-2016 season
Code:

Impressive stats. I have never watched Husso, but maybe he can be a good goalie for us.

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
We're gonna lose one of Allen/Moose next year if the NHL expands. That'll give Husso one full year of AHL hockey, and allow him to compete for the backup job the following year

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

Here is Husso stats.

2015-2016 season
Code:

So, one of Husso, Copley or Binnington has to be traded, or loaned to another AHL team (not a good option, as there are only as many AHL teams as there are NHL affiliates. - probably only a back-up role-IF THAT). I can't see one of those 3 playing in The ECHL.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
We're gonna lose one of Allen/Moose next year if the NHL expands. That'll give Husso one full year of AHL hockey, and allow him to compete for the backup job the following year
Elliott is a UFA after next season.

Protect Allen. Nobody will draft Elliott when he could just walk away from the expansion team in a month when his contract is up. Sign Elliott after he hits UFA if the deal makes sense.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Elliott is a UFA after next season.

Protect Allen. Nobody will draft Elliott when he could just walk away from the expansion team in a month when his contract is up. Sign Elliott after he hits UFA if the deal makes sense.

If Elliott is re-signed AFTER next season, and is still better, so remains the starter, wouldn't Allen ask to be traded to an NHL team, where he could start?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
If Elliott is re-signed AFTER next season, and is still better, so remains the starter, wouldn't Allen ask to be traded to an NHL team, where he could start?
Unless his contract demands as a pending RFA are ridiculous, I'd just hold onto them both. It'll be status quo...the guy who is playing better will get more starts (and playoff starts), but both will get plenty of opportunity.

I think there's a decent chance that this ends up being a moot point. We could easily lose Elliott to UFA. This will be his best, and last, chance to cash in on what he's accomplished. I don't think the Blues are in a position where they can afford to be (or even should be) the high bidder for his services.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Unless his contract demands as a pending RFA are ridiculous, I'd just hold onto them both. It'll be status quo...the guy who is playing better will get more starts (and playoff starts), but both will get plenty of opportunity.

I think there's a decent chance that this ends up being a moot point. We could easily lose Elliott to UFA. This will be his best, and last, chance to cash in on what he's accomplished. I don't think the Blues are in a position where they can afford to be (or even should be) the high bidder for his services.

If he establishes himself as the starter, then I think we'll pay him. He's already shown a willingness to take a below market value contract to remain in St. Louis. I'd imagine he'd do so again.

Allen will still be a RFA, but he'll be 26. He'll likely be looking for at least $3.5m on a short term deal if he puts up .920 again. I doubt keeping both will be a viable option, even if Elliott does take a discount.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
If he establishes himself as the starter, then I think we'll pay him. He's already shown a willingness to take a below market value contract to remain in St. Louis. I'd imagine he'd do so again.

Allen will still be a RFA, but he'll be 26. He'll likely be looking for at least $3.5m on a short term deal if he puts up .920 again. I doubt keeping both will be a viable option, even if Elliott does take a discount.

Do we need both?
Whether its Elliott or Allen I'd be comfortable with either. With the way Elliott has played down the stretch and in these playoffs, there's no reason to believe he can't be a full #1. With Binnington, Copley, and Husso (Husso looks like future #1) coming up, and the possession of Anders Nilsson I see Elliott or Allen expendable.
I doubt we ship one out this offseason, but if Elliott is willing to sign for $2.5-$3.5 for 2-3 years (he'd be 34-35) I'd take that. Allen may (as a younger guy) be looking at $4+ for 4+ years. I believe Elliott is the better goalie and Allen has some potential to be really good, so it depends on how next year plays out. The guy we feel is the guy come deadline time, we should extend and look at trading the other.

If there is an expansion draft that makes the situation even tougher.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
If Elliott cements his role as starter this postseason, then he'll likely be looking for ~$5m.

I agree that Elliott is the better goalie. I'd keep both next season and consider who to trade at that point, but I'd expect to be moving Allen.

Hopefully at that point Husso would be ready for the back-up role, whoever goes.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
If Elliott cements his role as starter this postseason, then he'll likely be looking for ~$5m.

I agree that Elliott is the better goalie. I'd keep both next season and consider who to trade at that point, but I'd expect to be moving Allen.

Hopefully at that point Husso would be ready for the back-up role, whoever goes.

Nilsson will be a UFA. He'll likely want to go to a team where he can play a bigger role. I don't see him re-signing with The Blues.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
He's an RFA I believe.

Okay. But, there's no room for him if they bring Husso over. And, if they keep both Allen and Elliott, at least until the 2016-17 trade deadline if Nilsson is in The AHL with Binnington or Copley? Then Husso stays in Europe 1 more year, and Copley or Binnington is loaned to another AHL team? (IF there is room). And if NOT, one languishes unjustly in The ECHL??? The Blues would have FIVE NHL/AHL level goalies????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad