Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
Shame. Husso played very good playoffs and trend was build up higher level how season went futher. Only negative thing was his poise (the difference of good and bad day) which is normal to younger goaltender, so hopely that will fix in time.

I really don't know what else to say, I guess 'this is it'. Finland is behind and NA is next. I really don't see why woulnd't he crack in Chicago Wolves roster in next year and bigger picture maybe get call-ups if injuries up. I think this boy is mentally and physically ready for NA in AHL league, so couple years at AHL would be ideal for him and the St. Louis Blues franchise if look Elliott/Allen tandem.

See at the summer in the camp and hope the best for the kid. :bb:

Here is Husso stats.

2015-2016 season
Code:
regular season 	GP3  W25 L9 SO5 GAA% 1,91 S% 92,74%

post-season	GP15 W8 L6 SO4 GAA% 1,55 S% 93,52%

He had a great year. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Those playoff stats are awesome.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Husso won the best goaltender 'Urpo Ylönen' - award. Last time who has won this young then Husso was Kari Lehtonen in 2003.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
For some reason I had it in my head Husso had already signed. Oh well. I still have the question I've had for months now - where will all of these goalie prospects be playing next season? I'll be interested to see how the Blues figure that out. 3 goalies needing top AHL minutes to properly develop...and that's not even counting Nilsson. And then Opilka becomes AHL eligible the following season.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I suspect this means one of Binnington/Copley is on the move. Whatever happens, I want Husso playing a lot.

Geez if they trade Copley, I can't imagine the return will be much. That will really cast Armstrong's comments about him in a weird light.

Any chance that Brodeur was really high on Copley, and it was partly a deal made in deference to his opinion? I just don't see how Binnington would be the guy that gets moved, but how do they keep all three prospects and get them enough starts?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Geez if they trade Copley, I can't imagine the return will be much. That will really cast Armstrong's comments about him in a weird light.

Any chance that Brodeur was really high on Copley, and it was partly a deal made in deference to his opinion? I just don't see how Binnington would be the guy that gets moved, but how do they keep all three prospects and get them enough starts?

I would be surprised if it's Copley that ended up moving. After all the talk about him being the key piece, I don't see Armstrong bailing on him that fast. But that's what made the move all the more perplexing when we had Husso waiting to come over. But, I suppose it's a moot point now.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Husso signs ELC, Ranksu will be a happy man.

Ofc I am happy for him, 'cus he has earmed it and I'm happy that Blues got more options what comes to using good assets to filling holes.

Are you guys happy?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Ofc I am happy for him, 'cus he has earmed it and I'm happy that Blues got more options what comes to using good assets to filling holes.

Are you guys happy?

Very, the reports and Stats are promising

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Maybe we can trade Copley and Berglund for a 1st line center. Worked for Washington.

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden

Are you guys happy?

Very happy! Never seen him pay, but for a young goalie to play that well in a good league like the SM-Liiga, that's very promising. Good to have him signded!

Where to play them all, though...? Maybe Army can loan one or two out to European teams? They need to play.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
What were the expectations for Husso when he was drafted? Was there any indication that he may have developed into what he is now?

I'm just trying to make sense (still) of the move for Copley. It seems like everytime I see something about Husso it's about how great he's playing and how much potential he has so I just didn't know if he's really risen since he'd been drafted or if this was the expectation.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What were the expectations for Husso when he was drafted? Was there any indication that he may have developed into what he is now?

I'm just trying to make sense (still) of the move for Copley. It seems like everytime I see something about Husso it's about how great he's playing and how much potential he has so I just didn't know if he's really risen since he'd been drafted or if this was the expectation.

Husso was in his draft year finnish U20 team and was one of our best goaltender youngsters behind Saros.

Like most have tell about here goaltenders are crapshoot to draft so I guess it was hard to tell what he could become back then.

I think his biggest change was go to pro training, act like ****ing pro player. It was good wake up call when media and even finnish national U20 coaches bash him down, 'cus he was so frigging bad shape. He regroup and start to work his ass off. Just one good summer under pro training (last summer) he was selected to best goaltender in finnish Liiga after this season. His potential has easily rise and knowing what capacity he has.

Big thanks goes to Jan Lundell who has been great goaltender coach to Husso and looking forward to see what Corsi can do with Husso.
Surely Army' fingers are itching how good situation they have in Blues now, Binnington, Copley, Opilka and Husso.

I just can't wait to see what kind of hype Hude will get when he comes to NA this summer in to camp.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Husso signs ELC, Ranksu will be a happy man.

Whew! That's a good sign. All this talk of Husso coming to North America made me think that he will never show up and that he never wanted to come here in the first place.

Signing the ELC makes me feel a little better.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Whew! That's a good sign. All this talk of Husso coming to North America made me think that he will never show up and that he never wanted to come here in the first place.

Signing the ELC makes me feel a little better.

Lets hope he don't regress and please be gentle with him. Don' hate after 1st day. :)

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
Texted the news of Husso to my son and my phone autocorrected "Husso" to "Hudson". So I asked my son "I wonder if phones in Finland would autocorrect "Hudson" to "Husso?:)".

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

He was one of the top ranked goalies in the draft, but I always just forget about goalie prospects until they're in the NHL because we've seen time and time and time again that no matter the pedigree of the goalie, no matter how successful they are in Juniors/NCAA/Europe, it doesn't matter until they have some success in the NHL. I will never in my life get excited about a goalie prospect until they win us a game in the postseason. Until then, they're still a huge question mark.

EDIT: This wasn't meant to bash Husso, I was happy with the pick, and I'm thrilled at the success he's having in Europe. I just have learned to temper my expectations through lots of failed previous experiences :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad