Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It makes all the sense - Vegas immediately returns to the tier of Colorado, Tampa, Florida, Carolina, regardless of cost.
Immediately? Who knows when/if he even suits up this season.

Buffalo could turn into a contender sooner as they already seem to have something good going on to start the season and will now likely add another very good piece or two.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Draft capital is draft capital baby. Take it from a Lightning fan, you can find stars in ANY round. I know it's not taking from the top but trust me, the more picks the more chances at success.
Sabres fired most of their scouting department a couple of off-seasons back. They won't find anything.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
You cant keep trading away core pieces of your team to chase the biggest name on the market. The top teams are usually models of consistency.

They're in win now mode, it's very fitting actually for Vegas to go all in lol. Wouldn't expect any less from them. Wouldn't be surprised if even their fans are of the same mindset haha. Go big or go home, Vegas baby!

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Vegas always made the most sense once it was known the Rags and Kings weren’t interested in giving up the necessary pieces.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I would be really impressed if McPhee and McCrimmon pull this off. Still can't picture what kind of package they could offer, and why another team can't top it (unless reservations about the surgery are shared across the league).

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
They're in win now mode, it's very fitting actually for Vegas to go all in lol. Wouldn't expect any less from them. Wouldn't be surprised if even their fans are of the same mindset haha. Go big or go home, Vegas baby!
Yea but you dont see Tampa chasing every big name on the market every year. This kind of thing usually requires trading important pieces of your roster to either acquire the player or make cap room to add them. It can upset a locker room and it already did once in Vegas, players were not happy when Statsny and Schmidt were traded to make room for Pietrangelo.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I'm hoping Kevyn Adams leaks how cheap Vegas is going to get Eichel for and a bunch of other teams jump in to outbid them.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Buffalo doesn’t really need picks that much anymore, especially as main pieces. Why would Buffalo bring Dadonov in if they are embracing a team culture that plays a 200 foot game? He also has a 10 team no trade clause. Smith is better suited as a cap dump for both teams. I would have to think that Stephenson is going the other way.

Tuch
Stephenson
Smith
Vegas 1st 2022
Vegas 2nd 2023

For Eichel

Every team in the league could beat that offer though

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Yea but you dont see Tampa chasing every big name on the market every year. This kind of thing usually requires trading important pieces of your roster to either acquire the player or make cap room to add them. It can upset a locker room and it already did once in Vegas, players were not happy when Statsny and Schmidt were traded to make room for Pietrangelo.

Definitely agree, that would be the sound line of thinking for any franchise. But this is Vegas we're talking about here, they've been, how do I say this, somewhat special, ever since their inception. Totally a Vegas thing to pull, not that surprised at all if they go all in for Eichel.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Tampa had 3 top 3 picks to build around

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Feel terrible for Reilly Smith. No NTC on the last year of his contract, he's gonna go the other way to bufalow

I don't presume to know Riley nor have I ever met him. But he is from Toronto and has family both there and in Buffalo and at least used to in Rochester. I have played beer league with 2 of his cousins. It might not be as outlandish as you think if he values playing near home for his family. Then again at this stage in his career winning a cup might be more important idk. Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
just by vegas' recent moves you figure a dman and a center are part of the package going back to buffalo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Eichel is on IR not LTIR. So there are some cap issues. Flames would have to move out about 8.7mil for example. Im not sure you can technically trade someone on LTIR without them coming off it for administration purposes first. Thats definitely a question for the CBA gurus.

It was about Vegas. And they have Stone and Tuch on LITR so they can bring in Eichel and then make another move whenever he is healthy.

Reactions: Fatass
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad