Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
With Pacioretty and Tuch on the IR, Vegas has nearly 6 million in cap space, so now would be a good time to make it happen...

Krebs would almost certainly be involved, likely a 1st rd pick as well... maybe Tuch

To Vegas: Eichel

To Buffalo: L.V.'s 2022 1st, Krebs, Tuch, Dadonov

Last edited:

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Does it even really matter if the team trading for Eichel is cap compliant? What’s the penalty for exceeding it? Forfeit games? I’d lose two points to get a trade done if that was the hold up. Then he goes on IR and you have time to fix it until he’s back.

Nobody trading for Eichel right now is doing it with the intent of winning a bunch of games shortly anyways.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Well this is now a thing? Does any of this mean anything? lmao

Weekes giving Flames fans hope. :laugh: :cry:

endgame-avengers.gif

Reactions: Reddawg

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Whoever trades for Eichel will be doing it for next season. Yes he may return thus season near the end of it, but i dont expect much from a guy who hasn't played in a long time and is coming off of a neck surgery.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I think this trade may require additional moves to stay cap compliant, I would propose the following:

To VGK: Eichel

To BUF: Tuch, Stephenson, Smith*, 2022 1st, 2023 1st

*VGK reacquire Smith after a series of trades......

To NSH: Smith (50% retained)

To BUF: NSH 3rd

Then.....

To VGK: Smith (25% of original contract after NSH retention)

To NSH: VGK 2nd, CHI 5th

Vegas top 6 of:

Patches-Eichel-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Wouldn't they have his contract around for the next couple of years as well though?

They would potentially run into the "tagging" rule where you can't go over the cap in future seasons by more than 10%, but I'm unsure how that works when players are on LTIR etc. Think that VGK simply has to dump a bunch of cap still to make this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad