Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

7 others

Aug 28, 2021
I am terrible at speculation (take it for what it's worth) but it is a real thing to "not want to lose" so bad you lose due to overthinking, bad habits etc. Eichel's affect and personality he DOES show screams this to me. I actually respected the hell out of him for always being so vocal about his team getting better but he's never struck me as a guy who understands to not take everything so seriously. You're losing? Surprise. You say "big deal" and push guys harder in practice and when you're down again you talk about the work you're putting in, appeal to pride and guys will rally. Jack probably kicked trash cans and screamed "It's f***ing embarrassing!"
You make as much sense as a tweet about a potential Eichel trade

Reactions: pearljamvs5

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Karlsson + Hague as the centrepiece? That's what I'd be looking for if I was Adams. Buffalo might be on Karlssons NTC though.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If the deal only includes 1 draft pick, Buffalo is just embarrassing themselves in another trade. Especially if Eichel manages to come back this season in full force so that pick turns into a very late 1st rounder.

Draft capital is draft capital baby. Take it from a Lightning fan, you can find stars in ANY round. I know it's not taking from the top but trust me, the more picks the more chances at success.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Vegas isn't in a position to give any roster players. So I don't understand this, unless of course this Vegas signalling on giving up this year. Something tells me Buffalo fans won't like the return.

There's absolutely no way Vegas can stay cap compliant adding Eichel without sending major salary back to Buffalo. There most certainly is a roster player or two heading to Buffalo if Eichel is going to Vegas. Dadonov, maybe?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Calgary has better pieces and any first rounders will be more valuable than Vegas’. Plus it’s cold there and really far from Boston and we got bitter about this six months ago.

Plus his good pal hanifin plays for us ;)

Buffalo…. Just plz do this for us. We’ve had nothing for a long time and don’t give his ass to Vegas who have had everything.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
VGK derps for biggest, shiniest toy it can get yet again. SMH. They should have just developed the centers they drafted instead of losing additional resources due to hastiness

(1) Their window is open now. Their drafted centers aren't any good yet.
(2) Their drafted centers possess a small fraction of Eichel's talent. Getting Eichel and getting him healthy is a much larger boost to the team than hoping Krebs or Brisson pans out, even if it actually happens.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
There's absolutely no way Vegas can stay cap compliant adding Eichel without sending major salary back to Buffalo. There most certainly is a roster player or two heading to Buffalo if Eichel is going to Vegas. Dadonov, maybe?
Wouldn’t Jack go straight to LTIR though?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
(1) Their window is open now. Their drafted centers aren't any good yet.
(2) Their drafted centers possess a small fraction of Eichel's talent. Getting him and getting him healthy is a much larger boost to the team than hoping Krebs or Brisson pans out, even if it actually happens.

You're right on all points. But would they rather have Suzuki than Patches? What if Glass pans out? Point is if Buffalo gets a haul on this and VGK fell short, they traded potentially winning pieces for nothing over and over again and pissed off the locker room how many times.

Between you and me I don't see it working out for VGK. Every year they make a move and the next year they start underperforming and have to make a move again. Feels like lipstick on a pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad