Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
It was about Vegas. And they have Stone and Tuch on LITR so they can bring in Eichel and then make another move whenever he is healthy.
Vegas doesnt have the room right now either, not with the roster they are icing. They have 5.7mil of LTIR space currently.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Tampa had 3 top 3 picks to build around
And Vegas had the makings of a very good core to build around after their first year, but have repeatedly made fairly significant changes in almost very offseason since.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Tampa had 3 top 3 picks to build around

Plus Point. Plus Vasi. Plus heaps of other draft picks. Of course Vegas can't build their team like Tampa. In their 5 whole years of existence they've had 1 top 10 pick and he was a bust.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Every team in the league could beat that offer though

Ok so Krebs is in the deal then for sure but is he a sure fire prospect? Tuch and Stevenson are proven players that will help Buffalo and are young enough to be there for the long term. I just don’t see how Smith isn’t in there for salary purposes. If Buffalo is looking for a defenceman it has to be a RHS because where will Hague fit with Dahlin and Power in Buffalo?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Stone has been out for 19 days & 7 games. He's likely to miss 24+ days and 10 games...does he qualify for LTIR and would it matter?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I wonder if the Sabres will flip some of the players involved for picks and prospects

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
VGK derps for biggest, shiniest toy it can get yet again. SMH. They should have just developed the centers they drafted instead of losing additional resources due to hastiness

Suzuki would have been very nice. Glass is not an NHL player and very injury prone. VGK is aggressive in getting what they want though that is for sure.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Stone has been out for 19 days & 7 games. He's likely to miss 24+ days and 10 games...does he qualify for LTIR and would it matter?

yes. He can get shifted easily just lick Eichel can be in a trade. Other than the day/ game limit there isn’t any rules on moving players and retroactively making it a ltir.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
They'll probably send Patches back and then a ton of picks and prospects that amount to nothing.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I knew this trade was happening long before through a source. I just don't know what for.

But I would imagine it looking something like this:

Vegas:
Jack Eichel

Buffalo:
1st 2022
1st 2023
Cond. 2nd 2024
Reilly Smith
Peyton Krebs
Nicolas Hague

No retention.

I think it'll be Nic Hague because Whitecloud just got extended, they have their blue-line set for three seasons with Theodore, Pietrangelo, Whitecloud, Martinez, and the bottom with cheap contracts/prospects where they could fill in those spots if they get better whereas one/two of the four get bumped down a line.

As for Reilly Smith, I see him getting flipped to the Rangers.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
huh? Tuch and Patches are on LITR and as I said in the trade Riley is going out.

That have Eichel’s exact contract cap wise on LITR pretty much right now.
And they have made other call ups/signings since then. The remaining cap that they have from LTIR is under 6mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad