Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Buffalo doesn’t really need picks that much anymore, especially as main pieces. Why would Buffalo bring Dadonov in if they are embracing a team culture that plays a 200 foot game? He also has a 10 team no trade clause. Smith is better suited as a cap dump for both teams. I would have to think that Stephenson is going the other way.

Tuch
Stephenson
Smith
Vegas 1st 2022
Vegas 2nd 2023

For Eichel

Smith an assistant captain, has been with Vegas from the beginning, and is on an expiring contract... I'm pretty sure they would prefer to keep him over Dadonov

Also, you don't even have Krebs in your proposal, and he's likely to be the main piece of any Eichel-to-Vegas trade

Stephenson is 27, has only 3 years on his current contract until UFA... he shouldn't be someone Buffalo targets given they're rebuilding

Dadonov is going to Buffalo because Vegas would have to clear the cap space to take on Eichel's contract... it's possible the Sabres could then flip him to a team like Calgary who could use some help at RW

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I knew this trade was happening long before through a source. I just don't know what for.

But I would imagine it looking something like this:

Vegas:
Jack Eichel

Buffalo:
1st 2022
1st 2023
Cond. 2nd 2024
Reilly Smith
Peyton Krebs
Nicolas Hague

No retention.

I think it'll be Nic Hague because Whitecloud just got extended, they have their blue-line set for three seasons with Theodore, Pietrangelo, Whitecloud, Martinez, and the bottom with cheap contracts/prospects where they could fill in those spots if they get better whereas one/two of the four get bumped down a line.

Buffalo would have agreed to this in the offseason I think, it's gonna be closer to half this I'd guess.

Edit: Said wrong team initially

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Please no... Unless Vegas guts themselves.
literally the only way it will happen given how much of their own future they’ve mortgaged to be relevant & win a championship in their first 5-10 years of existence. and it may work out for them, but to throw so much at trying to win it all asap without also developing the future of their team, they run the risk of hitting that wall of mediocrity/underperformance that Chicago ran into in 2015-16. but gambling is literally their city’s identity so it fits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: CanadianSharks

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wouldn't expect an announcement within the next 5 hours to scout Henderson, San Diego and Stockton.

All 3 farm clubs are playing tonight.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I knew this trade was happening long before through a source. I just don't know what for.

But I would imagine it looking something like this:

Vegas:
Jack Eichel

Buffalo:
1st 2022
1st 2023
Cond. 2nd 2024
Reilly Smith
Peyton Krebs
Nicolas Hague

No retention.

I think it'll be Nic Hague because Whitecloud just got extended, they have their blue-line set for three seasons with Theodore, Pietrangelo, Whitecloud, Martinez, and the bottom with cheap contracts/prospects where they could fill in those spots if they get better whereas one/two of the four get bumped down a line.

As for Reilly Smith, I see him getting flipped to the Rangers.

cap doesn’t balance. Buffalo below the floor.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Suzuki for Patches all over again. If McCrimmon trades Krebs, he's going to regret it in the big picture. Eichel is obviously a certified premier NHL cornerstone that any team builds around. But he's obviously got his issues, both physically and maintenance-wise

Peyton Krebs, imo, should be their cornerstone Vegas builds around. And he's not going to cost 10M AAV, not even one million cap hit, for at least the next 3 seasons, as he just began his ELC.
He's fresh off of winning the WHL scoring title for most points, with a significant separation from the rest of the pack.
He captained the 2018-19 Canada Under-18s, and finished with most points for Team Canada with 10, along with Newhook.
He's only played 7 games for their AHL farm (first year as a pro), and already banked 10 pts, which would've been on pace to lead the team in scoring, both this year and last year.
And he's got the right attitude. He has 0 pts in 8 games so far, but he's so mature already that he understands evolving into a 200 ft NHL player takes time, and an offensive numbers sacrifice, with a focus to develop his defensive game. He's bought into it, and now it's only a matter of time, before he begins to blossom on the stats sheet, and into the face of the franchise

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Sabres fired most of their scouting department a couple of off-seasons back. They won't find anything.
You got it backwards. They couldn't find anything so they fired their entire scouting department. They're beginning to look a little bit better now. They got rid of the old hockey guys and added a lot of math nerds.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Tuch
Dadonov
Krebs
Brisson
Morozov

Eichel
Ruotsalainen
MacInnis

add conditional picks as necessary

Edit to say the conditions could be a 2023 Sabres 2nd and a 2024 Sabres 1st, if Eichel doesn't hit whatever games/points totals in the 22/23 season, like if Eichel is not at an all-star or 1st line level in the 22/23 season

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinRedkey

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Buffalo would have agreed to this in the offseason I think, it's gonna be closer to half this I'd guess.

Edit: Said wrong team initially
Sure. Buffalo would have agreed to that in the off season. Vegas wasn't offering it during the offseason.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Buffalo doesn’t really need picks that much anymore, especially as main pieces. Why would Buffalo bring Dadonov in if they are embracing a team culture that plays a 200 foot game? He also has a 10 team no trade clause. Smith is better suited as a cap dump for both teams. I would have to think that Stephenson is going the other way.

Tuch
Stephenson
Smith
Vegas 1st 2022
Vegas 2nd 2023

For Eichel
Absolutely awful

Reactions: SENStastic

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Suzuki for Patches all over again. If McCrimmon trades Krebs, he's going to regret it in the big picture. Eichel is obviously a certified premier NHL cornerstone that any team builds around. But he's obviously got his issues, both physically and maintenance-wise

Peyton Krebs, imo, should be their cornerstone Vegas builds around. And he's not going to cost 10M AAV, not even one million cap hit, for at least the next 3 seasons, as he just began his ELC.
He's fresh off of winning the WHL scoring title for most points, with a significant separation from the rest of the pack.
He captained the 2018-19 Canada Under-18s, and finished with most points for Team Canada with 10, along with Newhook.
He's only played 7 games for their AHL farm (first year as a pro), and already banked 10 pts, which would've been on pace to lead the team in scoring, both this year and last year.
And he's got the right attitude. He has 0 pts in 8 games so far, but he's so mature already that he understands evolving into a 200 ft NHL player takes time, and an offensive numbers sacrifice, with a focus to develop his defensive game. He's bought into it, and now it's only a matter of time, before he begins to blossom on the stats sheet, and into the face of the franchise
Eichel helps you for the next couple years in a big way. Now is the time for Vegas

Reactions: SENStastic

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Unlike most 3 year old franchises, so far they've failed miserably to win a Cup, or even make the Finals twice.

All they've done is make the playoffs each year, make the Finals, and another WCF.
You’re missing the point. They went to the cup their first year, so none of these marquee trades have done what they were supposed to do. All it’s done was cripple their future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad