Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What’s the return for a “once-in-a-generation” franchise player? At the very least, I think Buffalo would ask for: 1) Young first liner/ first pairing player; 2) Young Top 6, middle pairing player; 3) Top prospects; 4) Reclamation project with upside; 5) 2 1st round picks. With this framework:

To BUFFALO:
Shea Theodore ($5,200,000)
Alex Tuch ($4,750,000)
Peyton Krebs ($864,000)
Nolan Patrick ($1,200,000)
2 1st round picks (20-30th overall)

MONEY IN: $12,013,000
MONEY OUT: $12,250,000

TO LAS VEGAS
Jack Eichel ($10,000,000)
Cody Eakin ($2,250,000)

BUFFALO NEW ROSTER
Skinner Middlestadt TUCH
Hinostroza Thompson Okposo
KREBS Cozens PATRICK
Cagguila Girgensons Bjork

THEODORE Butcher
Dahlin Miller
Bryson Hagg

Anderson
Tokarski

NEW VEGAS ROSTER
Marchessault EICHEL Stone
Pacioretty Karlsson Dadonov
Janmark Stephenson Smith
Carrier EAKIN Howden

Hague Pietrangelo
Martinez Coghlan
McNabb Whitecloud

Lehner
Brossoit

NOTES
- Buffalo’s forward group looks a little more balanced
- Their defense is stronger. With Theodore, everyone falls into place. Dahlin can develop properly.
- Eakin is added as a Center until Eichel returns. Eakin has a great history performing well with Vegas.
- Vegas’ forward group is insanely deep. Eichel gives them a legitimate superstar.
- Their defense takes a small hit, but the can withstand it.

*NOTE: I’ve seen a lot of proposals. You gotta remember Eichel is getting paid $10 million. The money has to work. You can’t just trade Tuch. That’s only halfway there. You need to trade another $5 million the other way to make it work. I’m going to get ridiculed for this deal, but YOU try making the money and value l.It’s difficult.

Were you high when you typed this up?

For starters, Eichel isnt "once-in-a-generation." That should be obvious.

RD616

May 4, 2010
LOL. It's going to be more like Tuch, Krebs, and a conditional 1st.

I don't think Theodore will be added to the package.. I understand that Buffalo fans would love to have him though.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I’d trade Nico Hischier, a LHD prospect and a pick for Eichel.
Buffalo have a logjam at lhd but Hischier plus a couple of picks should do it.

A trade I'd be happy with:
Eichel + Johnson + Bjork
for Hischier, Wood, conditional 2nd 2022*, conditional third 2023**

*Becomes a first if Eichel plays a playoff game 2022
**Becomes a first if Eichel scores 82 points or more 22/23

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Bad return? As a Buffalo fan, I would love to have such a return.
That return sucks. Cant settle for this . It must be Theo a proven top 4 D and a prospect that is good Krebs he has like 0 NHL points also or something . This is Eichel a top 10 C in the world. Brisson is a late pick you Would have no problem give up Ryan Johnson for Austin Mat ? This really sucks! Must take quality instead of a bunch late picks and older forwards. Of Adams waiting this long I hope he do that only to get Theo and Krebs. Arent high on Krebs Either so we really need theo to get value . Krebs Will be a top 9 forward I think.

Reactions: McNuge

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Buffalo have a logjam at lhd but Hischier plus a couple of picks should do it.

A trade I'd be happy with:
Eichel + Johnson + Bjork
for Hischier, Wood, conditional 2nd 2022*, conditional third 2023**

*Becomes a first if Eichel plays a playoff game 2022
**Becomes a first if Eichel scores 82 points or more 22/23

That’s a deal I’d make, let’s send in the paperwork.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
That return sucks. Cant settle for this . It must be Theo a proven top 4 D and a prospect that is good atleast he has like 0 NHL points . This is Eichel a top 10 C in the world. Brisson is a late pick you Would have no problem give up Ryan Johnson for Austin Mat ? This really sucks!
I strongly disagree, it would be a solid package. 0 points in the NHL? Has he played a hundred games already? Maybe he's just not ready for the NHL yet. Krebs is a good prospect. Tuch is a good player. Brisson plays great for University of Michigan and has looked solid in the games I've seen. Vegas won't trade Theodore, that would be stupid of them. Just like Calgary, it probably won't trade its key players because they are in win mode. Good futures and good player from the squad + 1st for injured Eichel? I will take it.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
LOL. It's going to be more like Tuch, Krebs, and a conditional 1st.

I don't think Theodore will be added to the package.. I understand that Buffalo fans would love to have him though.

krebs 0 points Tuch nothing other then a okey top 6 forward . Need to have Theo . Just Theo and Krebs dont want Brisson Tuch They arent worth much .

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What’s the return for a “once-in-a-generation” franchise player? At the very least, I think Buffalo would ask for: 1) Young first liner/ first pairing player; 2) Young Top 6, middle pairing player; 3) Top prospects; 4) Reclamation project with upside; 5) 2 1st round picks. With this framework:

To BUFFALO:
Shea Theodore ($5,200,000)
Alex Tuch ($4,750,000)
Peyton Krebs ($864,000)
Nolan Patrick ($1,200,000)
2 1st round picks (20-30th overall)

MONEY IN: $12,013,000
MONEY OUT: $12,250,000

TO LAS VEGAS
Jack Eichel ($10,000,000)
Cody Eakin ($2,250,000)

BUFFALO NEW ROSTER
Skinner Middlestadt TUCH
Hinostroza Thompson Okposo
KREBS Cozens PATRICK
Cagguila Girgensons Bjork

THEODORE Butcher
Dahlin Miller
Bryson Hagg

Anderson
Tokarski

NEW VEGAS ROSTER
Marchessault EICHEL Stone
Pacioretty Karlsson Dadonov
Janmark Stephenson Smith
Carrier EAKIN Howden

Hague Pietrangelo
Martinez Coghlan
McNabb Whitecloud

Lehner
Brossoit

NOTES
- Buffalo’s forward group looks a little more balanced
- Their defense is stronger. With Theodore, everyone falls into place. Dahlin can develop properly.
- Eakin is added as a Center until Eichel returns. Eakin has a great history performing well with Vegas.
- Vegas’ forward group is insanely deep. Eichel gives them a legitimate superstar.
- Their defense takes a small hit, but the can withstand it.

*NOTE: I’ve seen a lot of proposals. You gotta remember Eichel is getting paid $10 million. The money has to work. You can’t just trade Tuch. That’s only halfway there. You need to trade another $5 million the other way to make it work. I’m going to get ridiculed for this deal, but YOU try making the money and value align. It’s difficult.

What the hell is this?? Lol

Theo, Tuch, Krebs, Patrick and 2 1sts? Lol you can't honestly think this right?... oh and VGK takes Eakin too???

Take out Theo, Patrick, Eakin and one of the firsts AND make the other 1st a conditional one and then you are closer. Oh and VGK will add in another prospect though

This is outrageous what some fans think Sabres will get in return

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
I strongly disagree, it would be a solid package. 0 points in the NHL? Has he played a hundred games already? Maybe he's just not ready for the NHL yet. Krebs is a good prospect. Tuch is a good player. Brisson leads on points at the University of Michigan and has looked solid in the games I've seen. Vegas won't trade Theodore, that would be stupid of them. Just like Calgary, it probably won't trade its key players because they are in win mode. Good futures and good player from the squad + 1st for injured Eichel? I will take it.
Its bad . Sabres cant be last and get best players then trade them for not proven players . You cant think like that . You should think Would you rather have Eichel or Theo ? Eichel of Course. Why Would you then not demand Theo back in the trade if the purpose is to get a proven player you now Will atleast make the sabres better . You dont know that with Brisson he can be a hodgson or something similar then later you regret you didnt take quality over quantity. Take the proven player for a star then you flavour it with a maybe player like krebs that could Either be good or bad . But you dont gamble Eichel on players that maybe become something . It should be Theo Krebs and Tuch for Eichel and if Adams do a really good trade he also takes Brisson or 1 pick

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Its bad . Sabres cant be last and get best players then trade them for not proven players . You cant think like that . You should think Would you rather have Eichel or Theo ? Eichel of Course. Why Would you then not demand Theo back in the trade if the purpose is to get a proven player you now Will atleast make the sabres better . You dont know that with Brisson he can be a hodgson or something similar then later you regret you didnt take quality over quantity. Take the proven player for a star then you flavour it with a maybe player like krebs that could Either be good or bad . But you dont gamble Eichel on players that maybe become something . It should be Theo Krebs and Tuch for Eichel and if Adams do a really good trade he also takes Brisson or 1 pick
We're not getting that kind of return for the current Eichl with a broken neck and an experimental surgery for the NHL, don't you get that? Theodore is a great defender of the first pair, Vegas is trying to win, why are they changing their best prospect, who was drafted before his injury at the level of Cozens and the rest of the guys, defender of the first pair with a great contract and in his prime and a young good winger on Jack Eichel? His neck is broken and he hasn’t played hockey for eight months, no one is going to risk that.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
If not I hope sabres keep Eichel let him have the surgery he wants and then let him play out that contract . Same with O Reilly we didnt need 4 pieces . We needed 1 or 2 really good pieces . One of them Would Been Thomas. These first picks are also not worth much They are late . Sabres do bad stuff over and over again. Trade Oreilly then sign Skinner to a bigger contract . Just bad managment of assests

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
We're not getting that kind of return for the current Eichl with a broken neck and an experimental surgery for the NHL, don't you get that? Theodore is a great defender of the first pair, Vegas is trying to win, why are they changing their best prospect, who was drafted before his injury at the level of Cozens and the rest of the guys, defender of the first pair with a great contract and in his prime and a young good winger on Jack Eichel? His neck is broken and he hasn’t played hockey for eight months, no one is going to risk that.
Dosent matter the sabres should not trade him . He Will play again and he is a Winner. Eichel has alot to prove so he Will be Highly motivated. Think like this let Eichel be out this season then the sabres maybe winn the lottery draft wright.
We have both Eichel and wright. The sabres play really bad now also so They Will loose now and soon They are in the Basement again

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dosent matter the sabres should not trade him . He Will play again and he is a Winner. Eichel has alot to prove so he Will be Highly motivated. Think like this let Eichel be out this season then the sabres maybe winn the lottery draft wright.
We have both Eichel and wright. The sabres play really bad now also so They Will loose now and soon They are in the Basement again
Eichel gone, it seems obvious, they will not let him have this surgery.

Sorry, but you just don't rate the assets of other teams very well.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Dont wanna trade something for pieces that will not help the sabres . Tuch Will not help us winn Krebs and brisson wont Either . Theo Will do it Tuch is only good if we get Theo so we have depth. Then praying for Krebs and brisson to improve.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I sure hope Calgary pulls this off last minute. For one, it'll be great to see Eichel in Flames red. Secondly, the Eichel vs. McDavid rivalry will be awesome. Thirdly, Buffalo gets some satisfaction in sending Eichel out to the North Pole instead of a party town like Vegas.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
I understand the situation But better not make a trade if this is the end results because it wont help us at all in the end so then not trading him is better alternativ.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Eichel gone, it seems obvious, they will not let him have this surgery.

Sorry, but you just don't rate the assets of other teams very well.
So you wanna trade Eichel for a injured Tuch . Then get Krebs 0 NHL points that will not help us now tjat belong in Ahl and then a late 1 pick in brisson that maybe can become a Tyler Ennis for a top center ?
You should think like this When Eichel have his surgery he Will be fine and be a top C . Sabres should let him have surgery then let him come
Back and play again for sabres and show everyone he is the top 5 center he is and then trade him for a package he is worth if not keep him for the time of his contract. If he refuse this Sabres can let him Sit and he Will never be able play in the NHL again .

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
So you wanna trade Eichel for a injured Tuch . Then get Krebs 0 NHL points that will not help us now tjat belong in Ahl and then a late 1 pick in brisson that maybe can become a Tyler Ennis for a top center ?
You should think like this When Eichel have his surgery he Will be fine and be a top C . Sabres should let him have surgery then let him come
Back and play again for sabres and show everyone he is the top 5 center he is and then trade him for a package he is worth if not keep him for the time of his contract. If he refuse this Sabres can let him Sit and he Will never be able play in the NHL again .

Sounds like the Sabres should get 2-3 conditional 1sts, then. Instead of all these assets you don't want. :laugh:

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

member 334057

Tuch is a type of player the Sabres don't really have in their system right now and is already developed. Krebs is still developing and is only 20 years old, and maybe he does need a little more time in the AHL but then again Cozens probably does also. Brisson is nothing like Tyler Ennis, their games are not even close to similar. Brisson is an extremely smart player with a pretty high quality shot. He is also considerably larger than Ennis, and could develop into a quality 2C. The Sabres are hurting for center depth and adding center prospects with high upside is never a bad thing.

The Eichel return is expected to help the Sabres tomorrow not today. I don't think very many people expect them to compete for a playoff spot this season, those pieces can help them get closer to competing in 2 - 3 years however.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
krebs 0 points Tuch nothing other then a okey top 6 forward . Need to have Theo . Just Theo and Krebs dont want Brisson Tuch They arent worth much .

Trading Theodore would defeat the purpose of acquiring Eichel for Vegas, as their chances at winning the Cup would not increase by much at all. I know you don't want to hear this, but if Vegas trades for Eichel, they won't be including Theodore (or Stone or Pietrangelo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad