Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
That return sucks. Cant settle for this . It must be Theo a proven top 4 D and a prospect that is good Krebs he has like 0 NHL points also or something . This is Eichel a top 10 C in the world. Brisson is a late pick you Would have no problem give up Ryan Johnson for Austin Mat ? This really sucks! Must take quality instead of a bunch late picks and older forwards. Of Adams waiting this long I hope he do that only to get Theo and Krebs. Arent high on Krebs Either so we really need theo to get value . Krebs Will be a top 9 forward I think.
Then get eichel his surgery and play him to show if he still has it. If he does then you trade him for his real value.

Eichel is a junk asset right now. No one is paying sticker price for a car with no engine and brakes.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Vegas/Calgary need to shed salary to get his 10 mil under the cap meaning good players will be going the other way
I'm thinking Lindholm or Tkachuk from the Flames
or Karlsson from the Knights

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Then get eichel his surgery and play him to show if he still has it. If he does then you trade him for his real value.

Eichel is a junk asset right now. No one is paying sticker price for a car with no engine and brakes.

No one is asking sticker price. The price for a player of Eichel's caliber/age/contract status, under normal circumstances, is basically "lmao f*** off."

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
And Kris Letang also had that surgery and is still performing at an elite level.
Kris letang will also need more surgeries in his lifetime as the segments above and below the fusion wear away and as a result need to be fused. (the average was every 10-12 years). Eichel is looking at his long term health here. This was discussed in the Eichel megathread. The disc replacement surgery isnt some new trial hes trying out, Its a common surgery now a days and seen as superior to fusion. Just because he will be the first NHLer to have it Buffalo raised a big stink. Well I hate to break it to you but at some point in time no NHLers had had a spinal fusion either, but as technology improves things change and they break boundaries, there will eventually be an NHLer with a disc replacement. Why not Eichel if he wants it? They had a surgeon on spitten chiclets explaining Eichel's point in this whole situation and it made a lot of sense.

Had buffalo just listened initially this would have all been over already

Last edited:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Vegas/Calgary need to shed salary to get his 10 mil under the cap meaning good players will be going the other way
I'm thinking Lindholm or Tkachuk from the Flames
or Karlsson from the Knights

Tkachuk won't be moving in order to bring in Eichel

Flames would be outta their mind to even consider that 1 for 1.. hell even Sabres adding, flames would be outta their mind

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Kris letang will also need more surgeries in his lifetime as the segments above and below the fusion wear away and as a result need to be fused. (the average was every 10-12 years). Eichel is looking at his long term health here. This was discussed in the Eichel megathread. The disc replacement surgery isnt some new trail hes trying out, Its a common surgery now a days and seen as superior to fusion. Just because he will be the first NHLer to have it Buffalo raised a big stink. Well I hate to break it to you but at some point in time no NHLers had had a spinal fusion either, but as technology improves things change and they break boundaries, there will eventually be an NHLer with a disc replacement. Why not Eichel if he wants it? They had a surgeon on spitten chiclets explaining Eichel's point in this whole situation and it made a lot of sense.

Had buffalo just listened initially this would have all been over already
Buffalo should have let you do the surgery since you did your own research.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It was always going to be western conference teams. It was funny how pundits put most of the focus on trade spots out east, especially rivals like the Habs and Rangers. The pattern around the league is to trade major pieces cross-conference.

I do believe a trade would be close. The timing is right for Eichel to perhaps come back for playoffs if he got the surgery now. As for the return, it will be a bit unique in how much trade value is tied up in conditional picks, going both ways. Take out the risk of a clear winner or loser, which is especially risky with an Eichel trade

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
he's a pending RFA with a huge payday coming up..they have to re-sign him and Gaudreau to big raises...can they afford him?

Id think Monahan would be going the other way.. maybe Lindholm? ... eichel and Tkachuk long term is a good duo

I'm no Flames fan but those 2 guys are perfect to build around

Reactions: Mr Positive

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Id think Monahan would be going the other way.. maybe Lindholm? ... eichel and Tkachuk long term is a good duo

I'm no Flames fan but those 2 guys are perfect to build around
Buffalo would be crazy to take Monahan, he's a shell of his former self and injury prone

if that's the best the Flames can do, I'd look at Karlsson + from Vegas (Vegas needs to shed salary and Buffalo needs a center to replace Eichel)

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
I don't need to be able to drive a F1 car to know that it should run on gas and not milk.

Hopefully you can figure out the difference as you mature. God bless

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I wouldn't put Eichel's name along with McDavid, Crosby, and a few others. He's not generational talent, but more like elite talent. Similar to Thornton - elite but shy of generational.

Because he was #2 in the draft behind McDavid, McJesus' rising tide lifted Eichel's boat a bit. Many though see he as generational up there with David. So I have to believe there's going to be an overpayment.

Interestingly, that talking head blonde chick on ESPN last night said that Calgary and Las Vegas are in the running. Both teams are short on cap space, and LV would be in cap purgatory if not for LTIR.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Next CBA argue the players should be barred from seeking a second opinion. As long as you allow them to talk to outside doctors, you're going to get grievances.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What's the rumoured deal between Vegas and Buffalo??

The only names that have come up from legit reporters in terms of what Buffalo are asking are Krebs, Elvenes and Theodore.

Everything else is just wild speculation IMO.

Edit: Smith & Hague were also rumored in the summer

Last edited:
Reactions: Benstheman

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Buffalo would be crazy to take Monahan, he's a shell of his former self and injury prone

if that's the best the Flames can do, I'd look at Karlsson + from Vegas (Vegas needs to shed salary and Buffalo needs a center to replace Eichel)

I think it's more less Monahan plus alot of other young assets.. like youth and picks on top of that.

Monahan is a main piece but the adds on top of him are the more valuable items given to Sabres

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think it's more less Monahan plus alot of other young assets.. like youth and picks on top of that.

Monahan is a main piece but the adds on top of him are the more valuable items given to Sabres

From my understanding, Monahan may go to a third team for assets for Buffalo. The main pieces Buffalo would get from Calgary is the first, the prospects and a good young NHLer. We’ve heard Valimaki or Dube; with recent info pointing to Dube and Buffalo including a healthy centre in the deal.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I can't believe Calgary is a contender in this situation. I don't think much of the organization but I don't think they're stupid or crazy or wanting to mess with the good thing they've got going on now. If I were the Flames I'd tell Buffalo to call when Eichel has proven he can come back and earn his $10 million per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad