Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Instead of 4 and a half years of Eichel, this trade will soon be giving up a ton of assets for 4 years of Eichel.

And honestly, even if he comes back this season, i doubt he makes any sort of contributions to the team.

New team, new system and hasn't played hockey in god knows how long.
5 playoffs. That is most important part.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Pretty much. Otherwise there’d have been only saying Vegas and the Sabres are talking, and not names mentioned.

But let me guess. You’re gonna say Vegas isn’t giving up Krebs, because nobody trades blue chip prospects for a 1C with a broken neck that will never play again.

Pretty much??? What names have been mentioned avalible from verified insiders?

& no I think in a Vegas deal he'd have to be involved. I'd be hesitant to do it without seeing Eichel play post surgery but im pretty sure id do it atm.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Waiting for a Eichel trade:

last-crusade-indiana-jones.gif

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Pretty much??? What names have been mentioned avalible from verified insiders?

& no I think in a Vegas deal he'd have to be involved. I'd be hesitant to do it without seeing Eichel play post surgery but im pretty sure id do it atm.

You mean who from the Toronto Sports Network? Nobody. I also haven’t gone through the replies to see who has said that that’s what they hear (if any).

Ledge And Dairy

I don't understand your last sentence - "going the out".

I actually think Calgary would part with Monahan... happily.

If there is a trade of Eichel to Calgary, it will likely involve a lot of picks and prospects - which would be better for Buffalo in the long run.
*going out - as in going the other way, but since Monahan likely wont waive for Buffalo a 3rd team would probably have to be involved.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Isn't there a pretty substantial difference in value between Brisson and Coghlan? And if there was disagreements over the picks and conditions, isn't a lot of that part of the framework of the deal? I think the Sharks can offer a pretty comparable package to that. Whether they're motivated to get it done compared to Vegas is probably different but they can make a similar offer.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
*going out - as in going the other way, but since Monahan likely wont waive for Buffalo a 3rd team would probably have to be involved.

Monahan is cap dump, plain and simple. You could waive him and his $6.375 cap and no one take him. He is bad again and on a Calgary team playing well. It would cost a 1st or a 2nd a prospect to dump the salary.

Reactions: teddygmr

Big guns

Jan 24, 2019
Monahan is cap dump, plain and simple. You could waive him and his $6.375 cap and no one take him. He is bad again and on a Calgary team playing well. It would cost a 1st or a 2nd a prospect to dump the salary.

just nonsense. Your telling me no one in the league is interested in a 27 year old Center with over 200 goals. With an injury excuse over the last 2 years.
However your guy with the broken neck is cherry and worth at least five firsts even though he won’t play most of this year??

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
You're insane man. No way Calgary gives Tkachuk, let alone that many extra assets

Tkachuk's contract demands are going to be a lot more insane if you think I am.

Look at Brady's contract for example, and how Calgary also has the other needed contracts to sign.

Ledge And Dairy

Lmao Monahan would marginally be the best forward on Buffalo right now. Calling him a cap dump is like calling JT Miller a cap dump when Tampa traded him to Vancouver. You sir are a complete troll

Reactions: Fatass

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Instead of 4 and a half years of Eichel, this trade will soon be giving up a ton of assets for 4 years of Eichel.

And honestly, even if he comes back this season, i doubt he makes any sort of contributions to the team.

New team, new system and hasn't played hockey in god knows how long.

I doubt any GM is considering 4.5 and 4 any different in terms of value.

Reactions: nashnaidoo

Ledge And Dairy

Tkachuk's contract demands are going to be a lot more insane if you think I am.

Look at Brady's contract for example, and how Calgary also has the other needed contracts to sign.
Whats wrong with Brady's contract? Calgary has the cap space next year to sign all 3 of their main free agents and still add Eichel. All you do is come into this thread and spout nonsense off while acting like an insider

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
How so?

York is a potential top pairing D, no less than a future top-4 D. Frost would be a very nice #2 offensive center (Cozens slips into #1C role soon). Brink projects to be a top-9 winger -- smallish but with good mitts and great attitude. JVR is just money going back but he can chip in 25 goals or so. The 1st rounder is a 1st rounder. Not sure how Buffalo wouldn't be interested in discussing that package.

Frost isn’t a 2C

Brink is too small

JVR is a cap dump not an actual player

buffalo has no need for York…absolutely none.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Isn't there a pretty substantial difference in value between Brisson and Coghlan? And if there was disagreements over the picks and conditions, isn't a lot of that part of the framework of the deal? I think the Sharks can offer a pretty comparable package to that. Whether they're motivated to get it done compared to Vegas is probably different but they can make a similar offer.

Coghlan is a RD with size. RD is a need in buffalo. If they took him over Brisson there is likely more to the deal.

my question is Buffalo reaching the cap floor just by getting Tuch. There might be another player involved that could vary based on Coghlan vs Brisson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad