Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Guess I don't know Krebs that well but Monahan, Dube, Zary, and a conditional first seems like a no brainer from Calgary.

Roughly equivalent. Better depending how well they think Monahan will bounce back.

Ledge And Dairy

Calgary is not interested. Things are going well and they're not going to rock the boat to get Eichel. The fans would revolt.
Uh yes they are, they are reported nearly every day to be one of, if not THE leading team in on Eichel. Any trade for him will not involve Tkachuk, Lindholm, Gaudreau, Mangiapane, Hanifin, Andersson, or Tanev though

Reactions: teddygmr

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Instead of 4 and a half years of Eichel, this trade will soon be giving up a ton of assets for 4 years of Eichel.

And honestly, even if he comes back this season, i doubt he makes any sort of contributions to the team.

New team, new system and hasn't played hockey in god knows how long.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Krebs and Zary are almost identical in value. Krebs is slightly better but also older
I watched Zary a lot in Kamloops and i like Krebs a fair bit better. Krebs has more top line upside whereas I think Zary is more of a middle 6 top end. Just one dude's opinion but that is how I see it.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Take with a grain of salt:

Also, anybody that said “Sabres will get shit for Eichel and smile and like it” wanna jump in here and admit they were wrong?

200.gif

Reactions: rams

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
To sustain interest? I'm probably getting the wrong take from this (so don't be surprised if I am) but Vegas' fanbase isn't gonna abandon the team in droves because "Oh my God they didn't get Stone, Pacioretty, Patrick, Pietrangelo AND Jack Eichel! That's it! That's my breaking point. It was get Eichel or nothing for me. Those deep playoff runs aren't enough for me. Go Raiders" but rather it's ownership being too I hasty. Foley I imagine is a big part in all this. If the fans were that fickle I'd have questioned the wisdom of ever giving Vegas a team and would've pushed for Houston more.

Fans are more likely to watch/support when the team is good and a consistent playoff team, especially in a non traditional market.

If they were to suck for five years I am positive there would be a noticeable difference.

They are capable of making the finals with or without Eichel but adding him is never a bad thing and getting the "big fish" sees to be what they do pretty often (almost yearly :laugh: )

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Uh yes they are, they are reported nearly every day to be one of, if not THE leading team in on Eichel. Any trade for him will not involve Tkachuk, Lindholm, Gaudreau, Mangiapane, Hanifin, Andersson, or Tanev though
I agree - I just said it incorrectly. Calgary would (obviously) love to get Eichel if it's doable, but they won't trade what's driving the team in the Fall of 2021 to do it. It would be counter productive.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Also, anybody that said “Sabres will get shit for Eichel and smile and like it” wanna jump in here and admit they were wrong?

200.gif
What difference does it even mak now? The team is rocing they don't need Eichel, or Reinhart, or Risto for that matter.

Ledge And Dairy

I agree - I just said it incorrectly. Calgary would (obviously) love to get Eichel if it's doable, but they won't trade what's driving the team in the Fall of 2021 to do it. It would be counter productive.
Fair enough, that was kinda my point about there being zero chance Tkachuk is involved. Any deal for Eichel would have Monahan as the main cap piece going the out.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Huh Eichels been traded? Damn I must have missed it

Pretty much. Otherwise there’d have been only saying Vegas and the Sabres are talking, and not names mentioned.

But let me guess. You’re gonna say Vegas isn’t giving up Krebs, because nobody trades blue chip prospects for a 1C with a broken neck that will never play again.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
As long as Theodore isn't involved, they can do a package like Tuch, Krebs prospect/picks all day long.

Seems like that's a no brainer type return that should be going the other way... depending on what the conditions are for picks

Krebs is a good prospect sure, but IMO he's getting somewhat overrated on here. VGK should definately use him to get Eichel

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Fair enough, that was kinda my point about there being zero chance Tkachuk is involved. Any deal for Eichel would have Monahan as the main cap piece going the out.
I don't understand your last sentence - "going the out".

I actually think Calgary would part with Monahan... happily.

If there is a trade of Eichel to Calgary, it will likely involve a lot of picks and prospects - which would be better for Buffalo in the long run.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
How so?

York is a potential top pairing D, no less than a future top-4 D. Frost would be a very nice #2 offensive center (Cozens slips into #1C role soon). Brink projects to be a top-9 winger -- smallish but with good mitts and great attitude. JVR is just money going back but he can chip in 25 goals or so. The 1st rounder is a 1st rounder. Not sure how Buffalo wouldn't be interested in discussing that package.

That's certainly a best casenario you're describing. York wouldn't beat out Dahlin or Power on the left side and would also be in competition with a plethora of high picked D prospects already in our system. Frost is probably someone you want as a 3C long term. Brink is 5'8. JVR is already 32, and leaves after next year which doesn't do much for our timeline. A 1st is a 1st like you said which probably ends up middle of the pack but who knows. Also I have no idea why Buffalo would add a random 3rd in that deal.

It's not an awful package when combined together but there just isn't any single one piece that strikes me as something that really makes too much sense for Buffalo to pass up when trading a top 5 C.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Breaking News:

Eichel has decided to retire from hockey, get surgery and become a monk in the mountains.

More news at 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad