Proposal: Vatanen to EDM for Yakupov, Nurse

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Just a heads up to anyone who wants to make a proposal to take our defensemen in lopsided trades, we don't need any defensemen coming back.

As for this proposal, Vats continues to outscore Yak as a defensemen, Yak sucks and is a bust, do not want.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yakupov

FOR

Montour

Ducks would need to shed off some salary for that to work (but i don`t think our GM would agree on this trade in the first place :) ). Yak value is falling, his draft position doesn`t matter.

For this to work you would have to take back at least Stoner from us. (i doubt Bieksa would wave)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
With ANA posturing to sign #1 Dman Lindholm and a pretty stacked-looking defense heading forward, this deal would

a) open up room for a Lindholm+Rakell signing
b) Give ANA a young cheap left-shooting winger to address poor depth on that side (with untapped potential)
c) A young stud-in-the-making in Nurse

The Oilers get:

a) the proven 2nd pairing RHD PP QB they've been looking for
b) end the Yakupov saga
c) effectively open up the 2RW spot for Pulujarvi, fill 3RW hole with a FA/trade

Any takers?

ANA roster after trade and signings:

Yakupov(2.5)
-Getzlaf-Perry
Rakell-Kesler-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Vermette-Cogliano

Lindholm-Despres
Fowler-Bieksa
Nurse(0.9)-Stoner

Oilers roster after trade and signings:

Maroon-McDavid-Eberle
Lucic-Draisaitl-JP
Pouliot-RNH-Boyes/Pirri(1M)
Hendricks-Lestestu-Kassian/Pakirinen

Sekera-Larsson
Klefbom-Vatanen(4.875)
Davidson-Fayne/Oesterle

I think both teams win both now and in the long-term heading into next season. Thoughts?

Why? Would Anaheim want Nurse the whole idea of moving either one of Vatanen/Fowler is because Anaheim has a over abundance of D to begin with and adding Yakupov to the mix whom is a RW serves zero purpose for Anaheim. Don't see Anaheim doing this most likely Fowler is the one getting moved not Vatanen. If BM was to move Vatanen Edmonton would have to offer a far better deal then this. Pouliot nor Yakupov will get the job done for Anaheim. Seeing that any team could offer better then those 2 pieces.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I was hoping that oilers would acquire vatanen earlier on before he was signed.

Now that he just signed a VERY reasonable contract extension, he will be going nowhere

He would have been an unreal fit in Edmonton though IMO

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Ducks aren't trading Vatanen after signing him to a very reasonable deal and there's no way in hell that I want to see Nurse going to a division rival plus Anaheim is loaded with high end defense prospects (what else is new?) anyway. It's too bad because Vatanen would fit the Oilers needs perfectly right about now especially after the Larsson add.

Yak for Montour+cap dump? How about it Ducks fans?
Actually, I see that Stoner and Bieksa's contracts are 2 more years. Yeesh, not worth it.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The Ducks aren't trading Vatanen after signing him to a very reasonable deal and there's no way in hell that I want to see Nurse going to a division rival plus Anaheim is loaded with high end defense prospects (what else is new?) anyway. It's too bad because Vatanen would fit the Oilers needs perfectly right about now especially after the Larsson add.

Yak for Montour+cap dump? How about it Ducks fans?
Actually, I see that Stoner and Bieksa's contracts are 2 more years. Yeesh, not worth it.

I really have no interest in Yakupov whatsoever, and he doesn't seem like a BM guy at all. Also I'd say Montour is too intriguing to ship away for the purpose of saving money.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Just a heads up to anyone who wants to make a proposal to take our defensemen in lopsided trades, we don't need any defensemen coming back.

As for this proposal, Vats continues to outscore Yak as a defensemen, Yak sucks and is a bust, do not want.

I know exactly, Can't see why teams keep wanting to send back a D-man to Anaheim when you guys already have abundance of them makes no sense.

As far as Yakupov i agree it seems like every deal the Oiler fans make to Anaheim includes Yakupov or Pouliot. They don't help Anaheim on bit they need to offer better pieces then those two.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
With ANA posturing to sign #1 Dman Lindholm and a pretty stacked-looking defense heading forward, this deal would

b) Give ANA a young cheap left-shooting winger to address poor depth on that side (with untapped potential)

The Oilers get:

b) end the Yakupov saga
c) effectively open up the 2RW spot for Pulujarvi, fill 3RW hole with a FA/trade

Any takers?

Yakupov(2.5)
-Getzlaf-Perry

Lindholm-Despres
Fowler-Bieksa
Nurse(0.9)-Stoner

Maroon-McDavid-Eberle
Lucic-Draisaitl-JP

Sekera-Larsson
Klefbom-Vatanen(4.875)
Davidson-Fayne/Oesterle

I think both teams win both now and in the long-term heading into next season. Thoughts?

Ducks say hell no.

No need for Nurse, and Yak isn't near enticing enough to trade Vatanen.

Never mind the fact that we just re-signed him to a long term extension.

IF (he won't, but if) Vatanen had to be moved to clear salary, we'd get a far better return than that IMO.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

The Oilers get:

b) end the Yakupov saga

Any takers?

Yakupov(2.5)
-Getzlaf-Perry

Lindholm-Despres
Fowler-Bieksa
Nurse(0.9)-Stoner

Maroon-McDavid-Eberle
Lucic-Draisaitl-JP

Sekera-Larsson
Klefbom-Vatanen(4.875)
Davidson-Fayne/Oesterle

I posted early that Yakupov plays right wing . To go into more details . A cup contender does not make trades for question marks . Nurse is a prospect thrusted into the NHL because of injuries and the Oilers are not deep enough to be able to with stand the injuries we had . I do think you are under selling Nurse and with all the negative you are saying about Nurse why would the Ducks want him ?

Yakupov is a question mark
Nurse is not NHL ready

So please tell me the what Stanley cup contender is willing to down grade their D for an unneeded prospect D and a big question mark ?

Also Nurse is the type of player Chia loves plus we are not ready to contend so it does't fit our time line . Not saying we could not use him (Vatanen) But it is not the difference between winning a cup right now . We have Bear who could be our Vatanen .

Now I think about it I wish Chia paid Boston price for Hamilton . Our D would be

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Hamilton
Davidson Fayne
Oesterle

We wouldn't have Nurse and it not like Reinhart would be a big loss .

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I think the ducks want a top6 winger on a elc.

The ducks also want to move stoner and to a lesser extent depress.

I personally would accept pouilot for stoner. I think that would not be what either teams wants but would help 2 teams move salary from a position of strength to weakness.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Nurse and Yakupov...still a no on that one.

No to Montour for Yakupov. Unless Yakupov is capable to turning his **** around, I'd rather keep Montour. I'd be more likely to agree to it if it meant we could ship off Bieksa or Stoner.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I don't see what he brings that Davidson doesn't in terms of on-ice product. Forget the big hits and fighting - Davidson will likely have the same effect in on-ice production and defensive play as Nurse over the next 5-10 years.

Nurse just finished his first pro season....Davidson finished his 4th...Nurse is still in development mode. I'll agree the Davidson is more polished...but that goes back to him being 4 years older and 4 years of pro experience. Davidson is and should be the poster boy of the Oilers organization on how to develop a defence man.

People need to temper on Nurse. Did he struggle as a rookie being played in over his head? yes. Did he also ever have a partner to play with consistently that was a train wreck in the dZone? Playing most of his time with Schultz, then Clendening...

Nurse's best stretch of the season came when he was playing on the 3rd pairing with Eric Gryba.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Love how people are blowing up nurses toughness. Ducks have Josh Manson who is just as tough and split open the oilers prized FA acquisition in big bad lucic 2X in 2 fights last season but I would rather see nurse and Manson scrap then pay for a pay per view boxing match any day of the week lol

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
with fowler, lindholm, depres, theodore and larsson as young LHD, i dont see nurse as a need

PS. nurse would not take theodores spot lol it would be

lindholm-manson
fowler-depres
theodore-bieksa
stoner-montour
then nurse lol
Its now Official that Duck fans overrate their players more than 29 other fan bases :shakehead

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Love how people are blowing up nurses toughness. Ducks have Josh Manson who is just as tough and wrecked the oilers prized FA acquisition in big bad lucic 2X in 2 fights last season but I would rather see nurse and Manson scrap then pay for a pay per view boxing match any day of the week lol
Link?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Its now Official that Duck fans overrate their players more than 29 other fan bases :shakehead

They get hosed by fans from the East and vent against us lol side bar from the OP proposal.

Do any Duck fans want to argue that they wouldn't want Darnell Nurse on their team? If you do, you're being arrogant or have never actually played hockey. Every team in the league would love to have a 6'4 220-245 lb Dman who possesses elite skating and will battle for his team.

Darnell Nurse. Cali fans will obsess about him. Remember the name.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Love how people are blowing up nurses toughness. Ducks have Josh Manson who is just as tough and split open the oilers prized FA acquisition in big bad lucic 2X in 2 fights last season but I would rather see nurse and Manson scrap then pay for a pay per view boxing match any day of the week lol

According to hockeyfights, they've only fought once and it was close with the edge going to Lucic.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
So thats one. Hockey fights has Lucic winning that fight(and he did) and there was no second fight at all. Typical

Ok from what I saw lucic landed one punch to mansons helmet Manson landed a punch to lucic face big difference one was leaking one was not I don't care what hockey fights said I know how to judge a fight. Either way lucic got cut open by a guy in his first NHL fight. But all this boils down to is we don't need nurse for his "toughness" Manson his just as tough and is actually good at defense

mytduxfan*

I try to be objective and reasonable and I see your point.

Dealing a player of Vatanen's talent, while relatively not hurting you as much as other teams is a nice piece to play with. I wouldn't trade Vatanen to us. Why? Give McDavid and co. a PP QB who is a RHD. You would be helping us, you have no interest in that.

Being divisional rivals throws a wrench into this. Probably get better value out East.

Mainly this, but, also, the deal presented doesn't benefit ANA at all. Any deal involving Vatanen to EDM would have to involve a player that really hurts EDM. I'm not saying it's fair value, but Hall/Drai for Vatanen would be an example. For any deal to make sense to us, it really has to hurt EDM. I'm sure it would be the same if EDM was dealing anyone to ANA. Hence, it's never going to happen because neither team is willingly going to lose a trade with a divisional rival.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad