Confirmed Trade: [VAN/PIT] Derrick Pouliot for Andrey Pedan and 2018 4th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
i remember pens fans saying he was the next Kris Letang then they trade him for Pedan

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
i remember pens fans saying he was the next Kris Letang then they trade him for Pedan

I'm sure it would be easy to find these posts and link to them, then.

Because I don't recall anyone ever saying such a thing. The only comment even remotely within that realm was, at the time he was drafted, Pens fans hoping he'd be a more competent PP QB than Letang.

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
I'm sure it would be easy to find these posts and link to them, then.

Because I don't recall anyone ever saying such a thing. The only comment even remotely within that realm was, at the time he was drafted, Pens fans hoping he'd be a more competent PP QB than Letang.[/QUOTE
don't need to prove nothing come on now i know what i seen alot of threads and posts you expect me to just look for them for you it wasn't recent it was around his draft year 2012 till around late 2013 some people were saying that then it stopped

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
Interesting ... you went from a post that basically said the majority of Pens fans said that to a few? I never once even considered he being in the mold of Letang.
lol your the one saying the majority of pens fans i meant to say some pens fans

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Pouliot has been a pleasant surprise so far this season. He's getting better every game based on his confidence growing. He's a solid #5 right now, but is starting to look like he will be a staple in our top 4 (which isn't saying much given our defence and injuries, but still).

I've been high on him for quite some time, maybe only a handful of Pens fans left who still believed in him.

I think JR made a mistake trading him, but what's done is done. I just want to see him do well, and believe he got screwed over hard after the Schultz trade. He was really coming along playing next to Cole, and then after the trade Schultz was handed Pouliot's spot...

It worked out for the Pens, but really killed Pouliot's confidence.

I've been insistent that if he is allowed to just play through his mistakes, his confidence will come back.

Still early, so we'll see how he progresses.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I’m indifferent to him being gone. He was terrible whenever he played, and the Pens couldn’t afford to waste time (games) letting him figure things out. If he’s thriving in Vancouver, then great.

Exactly. It was just never going to happen for him here. After that promising first look years ago it was just frustrating seeing spots open up on the Pens blueline and thinking "this is gonna be his chance to shine" and it just never happened. For example, a few years back I never thought that of Pouliot, Harrington and Dumoulin, the first two would be out of the org by 2017 and the third would be signed to a long term deal.

I'm really happy has hasnt just landed on his feet but looked really good in Van City. If you get out of the HF boards mentality of zero-sum games about players value in trades, and its great to see a young guy who had some issues coming up find a home and continue his development. The fact that he's sticking in the lineup at the NHL level is awesome.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He has the talent to be a NHL dman. He just was not able to show that talent in Pittsburgh. I really hope it works out well for him in Vancouver. It happens.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I’m indifferent to him being gone. He was terrible whenever he played, and the Pens couldn’t afford to waste time (games) letting him figure things out. If he’s thriving in Vancouver, then great.
On your team he was never gonna flourish or find his ideal role. He's been a pleasant surprise but it's a small sample so far and he's been mostly sheltered until recently. Has nice instincts and transitional passing is high end. It was a career crossroads due to waiver status, you guys are in win now mode winning cups i wouldn't care either.

About the only thing's worth saying is a fresh start can do wonders for a guy with talent and good on Benning for stepping up and taking a risk on him as he's getting a tonne of backlash about trading draft picks. This one and the Baertschi deal look good.

Now that i've said that.....watch the Pens take the next Jake Guentzel with the 4th.

Reactions: Riptide and BHD

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
He has the talent to be a NHL dman. He just was not able to show that talent in Pittsburgh. I really hope it works out well for him in Vancouver. It happens.
Yeah, I think JR's a good gm, but all teams make moves like this where it doesn't work out.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, I think JR's a good gm, but all teams make moves like this where it doesn't work out.

This isn't even a trade where it didn't work out for the Penguins. Pouliot is literally a nothing loss for Pittsburgh. Pouliot playing well for Vancouver when getting ice time he wouldn't get in Pittsburgh really doesn't change that.

There's really not a situation in this where the Penguins lose the Pouliot trade. Same situation with Schultz in Edmonton. It doesn't matter that Schultz went into Pittsburgh and developed into a legit #3 OFD and put up a 50 point season, because he was never going to be that legit #3 OFD putting up 50 point seasons in Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad