Confirmed Trade: [VAN/PIT] Derrick Pouliot for Andrey Pedan and 2018 4th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
With pur brutal brutal defense he was just ranked our #8 by Canucks fans. Literally YIKES

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Canucks won this, Pouliot will be one of their prime D for the next ten years.
giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t think anyone has ever accused M-A Bergeron of having a good hockey IQ haha.
Whatever amount MAB had, Pouliot has less. I get it, people thought hey, ex coach, new team, new opportunities, he'd do well. He looked good like he did a few years ago for us, but then he just played like he didn't belong and he's doing that for you guys now. I don't hope to see any ex pens fail, hell I still hope Kapanen makes it, kid has the right attitude.

But guys like Morrow, Pouliot, and the like, they think opportunities should be given to them, not earned. Morrow learned the very hard way, on to his what, 4th team now? Pouliot is on his 2nd team, still as craptastic as ever in his own end. I will never understand Pouliot. Kid has the talent to be very good as a PMD, but none of that matters when you have very low hockey IQ and no understanding of urgency.

That goal by Laine, Pouliot is such a passenger, does nothing to defend the player behind the net, then turns around and is like oh dear, not again.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Just absolute garbage, looked good with the easiest deployment in the league then absolutely failed when given normal minutes.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
At least he is taking a bigger role with the Canucks now as Tank Commander.
Thanks to pouliot's awfulness we've been able to move up about 5-6 spots in the draft. It only cost a 4th to move up, Benning's a secret genius.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks to pouliot's awfulness we've been able to move up about 5-6 spots in the draft. It only cost a 4th to move up, Benning's a secret genius.

I would rather you guys won the lottery than the Oilers, so please keep sucking, can we help you guys more? Do you want Hunwick for a 5th?

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
love the neutral fans in this thread that said the Pens got fleeced. it was only matter of time before he showed his true colors. This dude blows! still get pissed thinking pens selected him at 8 overall when Forsberg and trouba were still on board.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
love the neutral fans in this thread that said the Pens got fleeced. it was only matter of time before he showed his true colors. This dude blows! still get pissed thinking pens selected him at 8 overall when Forsberg and trouba were still on board.

You never know.
He was a reach at the time, which makes it worse.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Do not remember what I said in the thread after the trade--if I said anything nice other then lets wait and see--I deserve to get shot

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
It's frustrating because Pouliot does have a good side. He's a good skater and very good passer; can very easily make those long stretch bombs out of the zone look easy. But then comes the task of actually defending...and whoa. Still prone to eye-wateringly terrible giveaways and stupid mental errors that you can't believe you saw.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Pouliot was the 2nd star in the game (after Markstrom who got his first shutout in 115 or so starts). He had 3 points and a highlight reel goal. I think looking back on it this was a win-win trade for both teams. Pens had enough depth on D that they were considering waivers for Pouliot, and instead Pens got free assets. Canucks got a reclamation project that looks to have got his confidence back. Still needs to work on his defensive game though.

Pouliot has 1 point and is a -18 in the 16 games he has played since this 3 point game

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
t least Pouliot has played in an NHL game recently. Pedan hasn’t touched an NHL rink since April 2016. It’s not like the Pens have crazy depth on the blue line either.

I hate Ray Shero so much for this draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad