Confirmed Trade: [VAN/PIT] Derrick Pouliot for Andrey Pedan and 2018 4th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Major Turd For Brains aka Derrick Pouliot.
Major Turd For Brains
2.-Ted-and-Robin-salute-as-army-officers.jpg

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
t least Pouliot has played in an NHL game recently. Pedan hasn’t touched an NHL rink since April 2016. It’s not like the Pens have crazy depth on the blue line either.

I hate Ray Shero so much for this draft pick.

they were really just trading a contract, i assume.

and they used the 4th from this trade to trade for oleksiak, who has been phenomenal.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's frustrating because Pouliot does have a good side. He's a good skater and very good passer; can very easily make those long stretch bombs out of the zone look easy. But then comes the task of actually defending...and whoa. Still prone to eye-wateringly terrible giveaways and stupid mental errors that you can't believe you saw.

Yeah, that sounds pretty much exactly like the Pouliot that was in Pittsburgh.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I don't get to see too many Canucks games, but I didn't realize he had taken a real slide since last month. Damn it.

I mean, a lot of the criticism sounds like what was going on in Pitt. Sucks, but maybe he gets the kind of defensive coaching needed to work heavily on his defensive game. I mean, the puck handling is there, its just.....the rest of it. Makes me wonder what would've happen had Mike Johnston somehow stuck around in Pittsburgh. I mean, at some point DP was pretty damn good for the Winterhawks....right?
It's ok, you've had two cups since then. ;)
Yeahhhh, I fully realize how selfish and myopic that sounds coming from me :laugh: It's just more of a "how sweet would it be to see FF riding shotgun with Sid/Geno?" feeling at this point, but I'm working on letting it go, honest.
WOW! A hockey fan who isn't delusional, and can take in information and process it, then be honest about it!

This guy for President!
Hey, I was thinking of putting my name up for the local condo board this year! We all gotta start somewhere, right?

member 290103

Both players are poor NHL d-men. This trade does not even deserve a thread.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
t least Pouliot has played in an NHL game recently. Pedan hasn’t touched an NHL rink since April 2016. It’s not like the Pens have crazy depth on the blue line either.

I hate Ray Shero so much for this draft pick.

Ehh? We actually do have good blue line depth. There are 8 guys on the chart right now, and yeah, Hunwick is sucking and Letang is epically sucking. But outside of that the remaining guys have waned with the fortunes of the team. Oleksiak has been a great surprise. It's not as if anyone has been a massive standout this year, but its also not as if Andrey Pedan is the second coming of Parayko and was picked to rocket up the depth chart. Give him time, he seems to have hit a nice groove in WBS. Watching him get that hat trick last week was fantastic. If he never amounts to anything, fine, but I'm sure the injury bug will hit and he might get a chance to come up and get a little of the Martin/Gonchar magic.

As far as your second point, hell yes I'm right there with you. It wasn't so much that he took a gamble, its that we already had Morrow, and Despres, and Harrington....and Roupp...and Samuelson. Then we got Dumo in that trade. And even with all that, and Forsberg, Hertl, TT, Faksa, not-yet-a-bust Grigorenko on the board, he still went with D (and not even for Trouba, but for a "reach" at 8th overall). And then he got Mattaa later in that draft. I'm not mad about it anymore because we've been damn fortunate to follow this team, but at the time it felt like one of those "what are you DOING RAY?!?!" moments where even casual fans know it was a bad move almost right away.

That's the life of an armchair GM I guess :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad