Proposal: VAN - MIN (Fiala+for Miller)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
No but 90% of teams are up against the cap, so having dead cap space doesn't make a huge difference. Besides blame your ex-GM for that egregious mistake.

Dead cap space was one of the biggest reasons we had so much trouble re-signing players, like honestly what the shit are you talking about?

Like, this is like arguing water isn't wet.

Last edited:

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Calling it like I see it, they don't like your deal and for good reason and you've thrown an almost unstoppable temper tantrum about it.

Where's the temper tantrum? LOL

Calling people lunatics based on a trade proposal is more akin to a tantrum than what I'm doing.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I think our mgmt is ok to move on from Fiala too, but probably not to switch him out with another high salary, which would be what Miller’s extension will be.

The reason why the rationale doesn't make sense is because JT Miller is a far superior player to Fiala and fills your organization's biggest need.

It's not apples to apples. Minny is likely way more willing to pay JT $8.5M for example than Fiala for $6.5M.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I think you're stuck in 2016.

JT Miller has been one of the best players in the league since his arrival in Vancouver.

He is a massive upgrade on Fiala.
Fiala has scored .82 PPG while playing with the likes of Victor Rask, Marcus Johansson, Ryan Hartman, and Frederick Gaudreau. Since Boldy arrived he is scoring over a PPG. There are maybe 5 forwards in the league that are a "massive upgrade" over Fiala. JT Miller isn't one of them.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Why would the Wild not be able to re-sign him? This notion that the Wild cannot re-sign Miller but disregard that Fiala needs a new deal makes no sense at all.

You build around a player like JT Miller. You can easily trade a Jordan Greenway or a Marcus Foligno to make room for JT.

If you keep Fiala, he's likely going to cost north of 6M, maybe low 7M.

JT might cost you 8-8.5M?

This whole we can't re-sign Miller doesn't make any sense when Fiala literally needs a new deal or he'll walk to UFA next year lol.

Well just because you think we can trade other players doesn't mean wild fans, or management are interested in moving foligno or greenway. Why can't you just accept we aren't interested, or facts our gm isn't?

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
The reason why the rationale doesn't make sense is because JT Miller is a far superior player to Fiala and fills your organization's biggest need.

It's not apples to apples. Minny is likely way more willing to pay JT $8.5M for example than Fiala for $6.5M.

No, Minnesota would pay fiala over JT. We aren't trying to get older, or pay anyone around that age that money. You keep ignoring the fact where you think a team like wild are going to ruin it to build around 30 years old player. We are building around kaprizov, boldy, etc.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Considering that $8.5M comes with long term and starts when he's 30 years old, I hope not, and this has nothing to do with the quality of player I think Miller is.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Happy to go over any replies that you deem to be "childish"

Yet calling someone a lunatic for a trade proposal is extremely "mature".

As I said pretty much all of it is childish, look yourself, you'll see.

The meaning of lunatic "is a severely distorted state of mind", now I don't know you personally but from a Hockey only perspective, specific to this trade only, I feel it's accurate.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
No, Minnesota would pay fiala over JT. We aren't trying to get older, or pay anyone around that age that money. You keep ignoring the fact where you think a team like wild are going to ruin it to build around 30 years old player. We are building around kaprizov, boldy, etc.

It's funny because you make Miller sound like a senior citizen and Kaprizov sound like a young stud.

Miller is only 4 years older than Kaprizov.

There are several rumors/reports that Minny has been dangling Fiala for a while because they likely don't want to sign him to a big extension. Investing huge amounts of money to Fiala when Boldy has emerged makes little sense.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
As I said pretty much all of it is childish, look yourself, you'll see.

The meaning of lunatic "is a severely distorted state of mind", now I don't know you personally but from a Hockey only perspective, specific to this trade only, I feel it's accurate.

You think this offer is "severely distorted state of mind"?

Please explain how.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
It's funny because you make Miller sound like a senior citizen and Kaprizov sound like a young stud.

There are several rumors/reports that Minny has been dangling Fiala for a while because they likely don't want to sign him to a big extension. Investing huge amounts of money to Fiala when Boldy has emerged makes little sense.

4 years is a huge difference when you're talking about re-signing a player who will demand a long term deal.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Again it's been explained ad nauseam through out the thread.

Echoing that really doesn't make you look clever.

Neither does calling people lunatics over a trade proposal.

Just stop man. You're not willing to engage in conversation and don't add any value to the conversation.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

You mean the reports who all but has disappeared for a while now? Nobody said they will invest in fiala, but we aren't trading fiala during the season because you want us too. It's just weird you can't respect the fact our gm isn't interested

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Echoing that really doesn't make you look clever.

Neither does calling people lunatics over a trade proposal.

Just stop man. You're not willing to engage in conversation and don't add any value to the conversation.

No but it makes me right, why should I waste time making the same points that have already been made?

If the shoe fits.

Funny I would bet most on here feel that exact way about you.

Reactions: Joseph Nathan

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
No but it makes me right, why should I waste time making the same points that have already been made?

If the shoe fits.

Funny I would bet most on here feel that exact way about you.

So why not leave the thread? If you’re not going to engage in discussion and just focused on calling people lunatics, why are you even here?

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
So this guy wants us to trade all this for Miller and his solution to signing Miller to a long term deal is trade players off the best 3rd line in the NHL who haven't given up an even strength goal all year? So we destroy our depth to have 1.5-2 good lines instead of the 3 we have now? And yet he is shocked we aren't thrilled!

You can use the same argument if I replaced Miller with McDavid. Guess we don’t trade Fiala for McDavid either :)

You see how that argument doesn’t make any sense?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad