Proposal: VAN - MIN (Fiala+for Miller)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
In this world your working in does it not include contract extensions for other players? By the time Millers contract would kick in we would have to deal with signing Boldy to a new deal. That won’t be cheap. What about Zuccarello, Dumba or Kähkönen?

It’s not just one contract we are talking about. The Wild have to smart about their cap, more so than most teams, due to the dead cap space. Why is that so hard to understand?

Fiala is estimated to make around $6.5M.

Foligno makes around $3M.

JT Miller is estimated to make around $8.5M.

So the numbers work if you are planning on keeping Fiala.

You guys likely won't be able to sign Dumba if you guys keep Fiala instead of trading for JT. The 2/3 million difference per year isn't going to kill anyone.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Then call Bill Guerin. JFC. I’ve never seen someone fight so hard to trade a player away

I’ll make this easy for you. WE DON’T WANT TO TRADE FOR MILLER REGARDLESS OF HOW GOOD HE IS OR HOW MUCH IT WOULD MAKE SENSE TO YOU

Aren't you Bill Guerin?

Since you seem to speaking for your entirely for Minnesota Wild.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Nice job getting your little updoots from Wild fans. I'm sure they all think you're the coolest Canucks fan now. In regards to your post about cap space, contracts are contracts, dead cap or not. Some teams have it better, some have it worse, point is most teams are against the cap dead cap or not. But if I'm a lunatic, then you're a kiss ass.

I think the word your looking for is realist, as if I care what Wild fans think, I've argued with plenty over the years. You and your buddy there have no clue what your talking about, that's my only motivation here, I'm sorry am I supposed to be loyal to my fellow fans even when they are egregiously wrong? This is a free forum no?

Dead cap space is a huge deal, look around the league, including the Canucks, you act as if it means nothing, your out to lunch.

Reactions: Joseph Nathan

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
So this guy wants us to trade all this for Miller and his solution to signing Miller to a long term deal is trade players off the best 3rd line in the NHL who haven't given up an even strength goal all year? So we destroy our depth to have 1.5-2 good lines instead of the 3 we have now? And yet he is shocked we aren't thrilled!
Who is gonna do the research whether or not your 3rd line has or hasn't given up an even strength goal? You can complain about the proposal all you want but that is such a vague example.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
I think the word your looking for is realist, as if I care what Wild fans think, I've argued with plenty over the years. You and your buddy there have no clue what your talking about, that's my only motivation here, I'm sorry am I supposed to be loyal to my fellow fans even when they are egregiously wrong? This is a free forum no?

Dead cap space is a huge deal, look around the league, including the Canucks, you act as if it means nothing, your out to lunch.
You're right this is a free forum so why are you and other people getting so angry over a proposal that really isn't even that bad value wise? That to me is more crazy than OP defending his proposal.

Reactions: JohnHodgson

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Rangers can do better than that Minny deal for JT Miller

Can? Sure. But they aren't gonna.

Schnieder, 2023 1st, Chytil and 2022 2nd seems to be the base to start the talks for Miller

On your boards, maybe. In reality, not so much. No point in Miller for the Rangers, as he wouldn't be as productive here (less opportunity) and the team wouldn't be able to resign him in summer 2023 because of cap concerns. The reports about the Rangers are 100% coming from Vancouver to try and drive up the price from other teams (ie: exactly what you are doing in this thread).

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Ok. I tried to be nice. Go piss off

we’re not interested. f***ing deal with it.
Since you don’t seem to be able to grasp the concept when we put it any other way.
Then leave the thread?

I don't get it.

You made your point very clear.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
You're right this is a free forum so why are you and other people getting so angry over a proposal that really isn't even that bad value wise? That to me is more crazy than OP defending his proposal.

I'm not angry, I'd argue Wild fans aren't either, it's a bad proposal, you understand that calling it that, does not make anyone angry right?

Your buddy sticking to being wrong and throwing a tantrum for being called out on is what got me commenting in the first place.

Reactions: Joseph Nathan

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Someone said Fiala for Milller makes no sense because they would have to trade a contract like Marcus Foligno to accommodate Miller’s contract (all hypothetical by the way).

Trading one contract does not deplete Minny’s depth.

Here would be our capspace with Miller and players currently signed for the 23-24 season

Miller (8/9)
Kaprizon (9) - Signed for 2 more years afterwards
Zuccarello (6) - Last year of deal
Ek (5.2) - Signed 3 more years
Foligno (3.1) - Last year of deal
Greenway (3) - One year remaining
Hartman (1.7) - Last year of deal
Spurgeon (7.5)
Brodin (6)
Merrill (1.2)
Dead cap - (14.7)

Capspace - 66,000,000 million with only 10 players signed.

Again, its not just one player that would need to be traded it would need a significant change in order to fit him in. Boldy needs a contract and that will take up a decent amount and thats ignoring the other rookies who would need extensions. We would have many holes to fill with a very limited amount of capspace. Sure, we hope Rossi and other rookies are able to help get us through this era but that isn't a guarantee and would likely need to look outside the organization for help in some areas.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Here would be our capspace with Miller and players currently signed for the 23-24 season

Miller (8/9)
Spurgeon (7.5)
Brodin (6)
Merrill (1.2)
Dead cap - (14.7)

Again, its not just one player that would need to be traded it would need a significant change in order to fit him in. We would have many holes to fill with a very limited amount of capspace. Sure, we hope Rossi and other rookies are able to help get us through this era but that isn't a guarantee and would likely need to look outside the organization for help in some areas.
But you trade away Foligno! Then you have 9 players for 63 million, completely alleviating our cap issues

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
I'm not angry, I'd argue Wild fans aren't either, it's a bad proposal, you understand that calling it that, does not make anyone angry right?

Your buddy sticking to being wrong and throwing a tantrum for being called out on is what got me commenting in the first place.
Angry, peeved, annoyed, whatever. If you say people aren't mad at this proposal you can't really say that OP is having tantrum. Also you're a Canucks fan, what is your value for Miller? To me if you remove the Pearson and Rask part its pretty fair value. The only thing holding Wild back is their team chemistry etc and their cap apparently.

Reactions: JohnHodgson

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009

Miller (8/9)
Spurgeon (7.5)
Brodin (6)
Merrill (1.2)
Dead cap - (14.7)

Again, its not just one player that would need to be traded it would need a significant change in order to fit him in. Boldy needs a contract and that will take up a decent amount and thats ignoring the other rookies who would need extensions. We would have many holes to fill with a very limited amount of capspace. Sure, we hope Rossi and other rookies are able to help get us through this era but that isn't a guarantee and would likely need to look outside the organization for help in some areas.

Right - but if you guys are keeping Fiala, then you would still run into the same cap issues, just not as much.

You guys could even trade Miller at next years TDL if the numbers didn't make sense and recoup a big haul.

What I'm trying to say is: this might be the best roster you guys will have in the next 4/5 years given the dead cap. Why not make a push now? When the cap trouble comes, your team is not likely to have a good roster anyway. Why not seize the moment and acquire a top line center now and try to win the cup? You could even let JT Miller walk at the end if the money doesn't work. Nobody is going to know what's going to happen in 2 years. Guessing at this point just seems stupid.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Who is gonna do the research whether or not your 3rd line has or hasn't given up an even strength goal? You can complain about the proposal all you want but that is such a vague example.

They just gave up their 1st of the year. It's become obsessive the way and that other guy trying to force JT on us, like my gosh

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
Right - but if you guys are keeping Fiala, then you would still run into the same cap issues, just not as much.

You guys could even trade Miller at next years TDL if the numbers didn't make sense and recoup a big haul.

What I'm trying to say is: this might be the best roster you guys will have in the next 4/5 years given the dead cap. Why not make a push now? When the cap trouble comes, your team is not likely to have a good roster anyway. Why not seize the moment and acquire a top line center now and try to win the cup? You could even let JT Miller walk at the end if the money doesn't work. Nobody is going to know what's going to happen in 2 years. Guessing at this point just seems stupid.
Sure but then why trade fiala? Why not trade draft picks for other upgrades at center while keeping fiala?

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016

That's a completely different conversation and something I would be open to. If the Wild thought this was their year to go all in than I would target Miller but the package the Wild would offer would probably be prospect and picks. Something I think makes more sense for the Canucks anyways.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

Do you know what is convenient , wr don't really care what you think, neither does our gm . Stop trying to force JT on us, or that we should trade fiala in Season, or get rid of foligno to keep it. We , neither our gm is interested. Stop forcing him down our throat

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Wild fans seem to think Fiala and maybe a bag of pucks and some Doritos could get Miller...

Maybe most of us just aren't interested in what it would actually cost (or at least what Van fans think it would cost) the Wild to get Miller. So, instead of actual reasonable proposals, they're throwing out sketchy trade proposals. And, the one on the OP was pretty sketchy to begin with, so it more or less set the tone for the rest of the thread.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad