Proposal: VAN - MIN (Fiala+for Miller)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Yah I can, when someone says no I don't like the trade and you respond with iterations of "you don't know your team", "I know your team better then you", "how dare you compare Fiala to Miller" etc. Yah that's throwing a tantrum and it's completely different then just disagreeing with the trade.

Let's be honest, your not responding to the 2nd part because you got nothing to respond with that in any way proves it wrong.
No I'm not responding to that second part because I don't need to respond to a Canucks fan trying to make buddy-buddy with Wild fans by copying what they've been saying this whole thread. And no, arguing your point or opinion does not always constitute throwing a tantrum, whether its wrong or not.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
2 of those things don't apply to the Canucks either.

What are you talking about?

Canucks would certainly have interest in Fiala.

Canucks can afford to sign him to an extension if Miller is traded the other way.

Canucks can also afford to fit him in our cap sheet if Miller is sent back.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
No I'm not responding to that second part because I don't need to respond to a Canucks fan trying to make buddy-buddy with Wild fans by copying what they've been saying this whole thread. And no, arguing your point or opinion does not always constitute throwing a tantrum, whether its wrong or not.

No, your avoiding the argument because you know your wrong and your using some false narrative to justify it.

Reactions: Joseph Nathan

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Weird, the argument you are using to diminish Fiala’s value (specifically point B) is what Wild fans have been telling you about Miller. We can’t afford him so it doesn’t make sense for us.

You can afford Miller. He's $5.25M for this and next year. The "unaffordable" part comes when an extension is required, which is not for another 2 years.

Like I said, Minny can do several things with Miller. They could let him walk and essentially use him as a rental for 2 playoff runs. They could trade him again at the TDL next year for future assets. They could sign him to a max extension with a lower cap hit - heck Miller could even give them a discount if they go far in the playoffs.

There's no point in projecting what "might" happen in 2 years.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
No, your avoiding the argument because you know your wrong and your using some false narrative to justify it.
I mean you're counter avoiding my argument about OP, but I digress. Maybe you realize I'm right and making up new arguments such as a "false narrative" just for the sake of argument? I mean we could go on forever on this internet forum my guy.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
You can afford Miller. He's $5.25M for this and next year. The "unaffordable" part comes when an extension is required, which is not for another 2 years.

Like I said, Minny can do several things with Miller. They could let him walk and essentially use him as a rental for 2 playoff runs. They could trade him again at the TDL next year for future assets. They could sign him to a max extension with a lower cap hit - heck Miller could even give them a discount if they go far in the playoffs.

In a salary cap world there is absolutely reason to look 2-3 years ahead.

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013

Ok so again why trade fiala when they can trade picks and prospects this year and go all in for this year.
They don't ruin chemistry and they can trade one of them next year to recoup the assets.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I mean you're counter avoiding my argument about OP, but I digress. Maybe you realize I'm right and making up new arguments such as a "false narrative" just for the sake of argument? I mean we could go on forever on this internet forum my guy.

Fair enough and as much fun as it is to go in circles with you, probably better to just move on, you clearly won't admit your wrong, have a good night.

Reactions: Joseph Nathan

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Can? Sure. But they aren't gonna.

On your boards, maybe. In reality, not so much. No point in Miller for the Rangers, as he wouldn't be as productive here (less opportunity) and the team wouldn't be able to resign him in summer 2023 because of cap concerns. The reports about the Rangers are 100% coming from Vancouver to try and drive up the price from other teams (ie: exactly what you are doing in this thread).
Haha hed be the 2nd best forward on the Rangers, maybe even the best when Panarin takes another night off. Theyd easy breasy make room for a player of Millers calibre in 2023, bub :laugh:

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Haha hed be the 2nd best forward on the Rangers, maybe even the best when Panarin takes another night off. Theyd easy breasy make room for a player of Millers calibre in 2023, bub :laugh:

1- You are not Wolverine. You are a random schlub on the internet. Relax with the "bub"s.

2- Miller is 100% behind Panarin and Zibanejad. It isn't close. Frankly, when you factor in the greater importance of goals, it'd be a toss up as to whether he'd be ahead of Kreider.

3- That said, teams don't make lines based on pure talent rankings. Kreider/Zibanejad and Panarin/Strome have been together and worked great together for years. The Rangers' powerplay is among the best in the league, and the second unit barely plays. They aren't going to break up one of the two major reasons for their success just to accommodate Miller, so he likely won't get nearly as much PP time in NY as he does in Vancouver. And because of the chemistry pairings mentioned earlier, that would mean that Miller would either center line 3 or play RW on line 1. Either way, you don't pay 1C currency to go out and get someone to play as a winger or on the 3rd line.

4- How do you propose they "make room" for Miller's next contract? Trading Kreider and Trouba? Oh, wait, they both have NMCs in 2023. Trade Zib or Fox or Panarin? That'd be dumb as all three are better hockey players. The Rangers' money is tied up in players that can't be moved and/or players who are better. They don't have enough "middle level" contracts to absorb another big cap hit. And that's even before considering whether it would be a good idea to give a long, rich contract to a known locker room malcontent--whose annual production rate frankly has more ups and downs than a roller coaster--as he enters his 30s.

5- That production. Which Miller would the team even be getting? The one from Vancouver the last couple of seasons? The one who played great in the playoffs in 2019-20? Or the one who played himself out of the top six in Tampa Bay? Or the one who was such a problem in the locker room that he was a throw in in the McDonagh trade? Or the one who was a straight up ghost in the playoffs the other six years he played in them?

Miller clearly is a different player in Vancouver than he was in TB or NY. My concern is that whatever he found in Vancouver to make him that player might not travel with him to his next destination. His track record is too volatile for my taste, particularly with the prices being thrown around. Vancouver should either keep Miller, or find a team that actually needs a number one center. The Rangers have no need to pay 1c prices to fill their need at RW or 3C. It's just a dumb waste of resources.

Reactions: bl02

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
HUH?
Current JT Miller is not the same Miller that played for you...he's improved if you haven't noticed lol. Miller is a fantastic fit on your team, especially if you lose Strome to FA don't be silly.

Added to my initial reply: Looking at the standings, the market for Miller might be pretty tough. These are the teams at the top of the league standings right now:

Colorado
Florida
TB
Pittsburgh
Carolina
NYR
Toronto
Minnesota
Washington
Calgary
STL
Nashville
Vegas

Of that group, Calgary and Vegas already shot their shot and brought in a big addition. Colorado has the inside track at Giroux. Florida is shopping for defense. Pittsburgh is two deep with top Cs. Toronto already has too much cap tied up in centers. Carolina has a great mix between high end kids and cagey vets at center. NYR is set at 1C and (as I said before) needs playoff experience before they can realistically make a push to win it all. Minnesota's GM already came right out and said they weren't interested. TB doesn't have the cap space. St. Louis seems pretty set with Bozak, O'Reilly, Schenn and their younger guys.

Who does that leave? Washington? Maybe Nashville?

If I were the Canucks, I'd be trying to see what Washington or maybe Pittsburgh (depending on the health of their top guys) would be willing to pay, as Miller would help either team to extend their competition window by at least another year.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
who tf is this guy?

"miller is FAR SuPErIor..."

superior? yes. Far? no.

"YoU BuIld a CoNTendER aroUND MilLEr"

Ya, i think taking vancouvers advice to winning a stanley cup is a smart move.... How many have you won again?

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad