Proposal: VAN - MIN (Fiala+for Miller)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
No but 90% of teams are up against the cap, so having dead cap space doesn't make a huge difference. Besides blame your ex-GM for that egregious mistake.

14 million in dead cap space is a huge difference. I don’t understand how you can say otherwise.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Because it's not about a strict comparison between the players. I'd have Miller as the better player too, but Fiala's also been scorching hot since finally getting a linemate. If Fiala's good for 20G and 40P from here to the end of the year, how much more do we need to squeeze out of Miller to justify this trade? What if his actual production ends up being closer to what we were already getting out of Fiala? What if Miller dries up in the playoffs? Put the chances of that happening at whatever you want, but it's a risk.

Just like Fiala did last year in the playoffs?

:laugh:

I don't understand commenting on a trade proposal if you are going to use a string of hypotheticals in an attempt to justify an argument.

The fact is that Miller is a far superior player to Fiala right now... it's not really up for debate.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
It's your guy that's on tilt here because we haven't all fallen to our knees at the graciousness of his offer.

I'm actually not on tilt at all LOL.

I think it's a slight overpayment from Minny but I think Minny is ok to move on from Fiala because they likely don't want to sign him to a massive extension.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Most have acknowledge that JT would be a nice add but not at that price and rightfully so. I don’t see any disrespect except for the OP who refuses to understand why the Wild aren’t in a spot to do a trade like this.

Once his deal is up the Wild most likely won’t be able to resign him. That’s where my issue with this deal is.

Why would the Wild not be able to re-sign him? This notion that the Wild cannot re-sign Miller but disregard that Fiala needs a new deal makes no sense at all.

You build around a player like JT Miller. You can easily trade a Jordan Greenway or a Marcus Foligno to make room for JT.

If you keep Fiala, he's likely going to cost north of 6M, maybe low 7M.

JT might cost you 8-8.5M?

This whole we can't re-sign Miller doesn't make any sense when Fiala literally needs a new deal or he'll walk to UFA next year lol.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
The explanations aren't good.

A Wild "fan" said that you guys only have $12M in cap space - wrong, it was $23M.

A Wild "fan" said that Fiala for Miller might be a lateral move - wrong, JT is a far superior player than FIala.

A Wild "fan" attempts to mock the trade using Horvat and Fiala as centerpieces - wrong again, JT is a far superior player than Fiala.
Your attempt to brainwash people into accepting the premise that JT Miller is a far superior to Fiala is pathetic.

Fiala is at worst a 50 point player even when they play him with 4th liners. He and Boldy are currently lighting up the league. Replacing him with JT Miller isn't an impact move and isn't worth anywhere near a 1st an Addison.

But hey, maybe if you call more people stupid you'll win us over

Reactions: Joseph Nathan

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
No but 90% of teams are up against the cap, so having dead cap space doesn't make a huge difference. Besides blame your ex-GM for that egregious mistake.

Yup lol.

These guys acting like JT Miller wouldn't instantly be their second or third best player on the team. You build around guys like JT Miller. Not guys like Jordan Greenway, or Marcus Foligno lol.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Just like Fiala did last year in the playoffs?

:laugh:

I don't understand commenting on a trade proposal if you are going to use a string of hypotheticals in an attempt to justify an argument.

The fact is that Miller is a far superior player to Fiala right now... it's not really up for debate.
You don't understand commenting on a proposed hypothetical by presenting other hypotheticals?

That actually explains a lot.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Your attempt to brainwash people into accepting the premise that JT Miller is a far superior to Fiala is pathetic.

Fiala is at worst a 50 point player even when they play him with 4th liners. He and Boldy are currently lighting up the league. Replacing him with JT Miller isn't an impact move and isn't worth anywhere near a 1st an Addison.

But hey, maybe if you call more people stupid you'll win us over

I think you're stuck in 2016.

JT Miller has been one of the best players in the league since his arrival in Vancouver.

He is a massive upgrade on Fiala.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
You don't understand commenting on a proposed hypothetical by presenting other hypotheticals?

That actually explains a lot.

Your hypotheticals don't make any sense.

What if JT Miller dries up in the playoffs?

This hypothetical literally makes no sense. In their last playoffs', Fiala had 2 points in 7 games and JT had 18 points in 17 games.

That's like saying... why try to acquire for McDavid? He might dry up in the playoffs.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Yup lol.

These guys acting like JT Miller wouldn't instantly be their second or third best player on the team. You build around guys like JT Miller. Not guys like Jordan Greenway, or Marcus Foligno lol.

just ignore that you tried to build around JT Miller and it didn't work.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
just ignore that you tried to build around JT Miller and it didn't work.

What are you even talking about? LOL

It didn't work because the rest of the team sucks ass - not because JT isn't a worthy piece to build around.

???

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Why would the Wild not be able to re-sign him? This notion that the Wild cannot re-sign Miller but disregard that Fiala needs a new deal makes no sense at all.

You build around a player like JT Miller. You can easily trade a Jordan Greenway or a Marcus Foligno to make room for JT.

If you keep Fiala, he's likely going to cost north of 6M, maybe low 7M.

JT might cost you 8-8.5M?

This whole we can't re-sign Miller doesn't make any sense when Fiala literally needs a new deal or he'll walk to UFA next year lol.

Fiala wouldn’t walk he would be traded for prospects or picks in your scenario.

We are struggling to keep our 6 million dollar players after this season. Why do you think an 8 million dollar contract easier? If we go and start trading players like Folingo, Greenway, etc. we start losing our depth and will not have money to fill those positions.

Miller is a great player no doubt, but it would be extremely hard for the Wild to make a deal and still be able to keep a competitive team like we have going into the future.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
What are you even talking about? LOL

It didn't work because the rest of the team sucks ass - not because JT isn't a worthy piece to build around.

???

honestly can't tell if i'm dealing with a legitimately stupid person or just someone really bad at trolling. benefit of the doubt, though:

if you build around him, you're getting rid of the players that aren't working out and keeping him. You are looking for players to play with him, not getting rid of him and keeping the other players. If he is someone you build around (as you say), then maybe look to trade away your other players for players to add to JT Miller.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
honestly can't tell if i'm dealing with a legitimately stupid person or just someone really bad at trolling. benefit of the doubt, though:

if you build around him, you're getting rid of the players that aren't working out and keeping him. You are looking for players to play with him, not getting rid of him and keeping the other players. If he is someone you build around (as you say), then maybe look to trade away your other players for players to add to JT Miller.

Bro, you're a troll.

JT Miller is player to build around if you're a contender ready to win. He's 29 years old. Minny is a good team and a legitimate contender.

JT Miller is NOT a player to build around if you are 3-4 years away from being a competitive team. Vancouver is a team on this timeline.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Bro, you're a troll.

JT Miller is player to build around if you're a contender ready to win. He's 29 years old. Minny is a good team and a legitimate contender.

JT Miller is NOT a player to build around if you are 3-4 years away from being a competitive team. Vancouver is a team on this timeline.

contenders don't need to build around anyone new. lol wth man.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Well for one Rask and Pearson don't cancel each other out. Rask is a free agent compared to tanner. For some reason, it's not civil anymore to not say no as far trades proposal from Canucks fans when it's become reported our gm is no longer involved, interested in JT Miller

No no no, not "canucks fans" don't lump us all in together based on a few lunatics, most of us completely understand why the Wild don't do this.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
No no no, not "canucks fans" don't lump us all in together based on a few lunatics, most of us completely understand why the Wild don't do this.

Nice.

Calling people lunatics is always a great start.

I can definitely understand why the Wild wouldn't want do this either. The value is close.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm actually not on tilt at all LOL.

I think it's a slight overpayment from Minny but I think Minny is ok to move on from Fiala because they likely don't want to sign him to a massive extension.

I think our mgmt is ok to move on from Fiala too, but probably not to switch him out with another high salary, which would be what Miller’s extension will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad