Proposal: VAN - MIN (Fiala+for Miller)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
This might be relevant if a Wild fan started this thread.

It's definitely relevant because you probably think Fiala for Miller is fair straight up.

I love all the Wild fans claiming this proposal is SOOO bad, but have no counter proposals.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's definitely relevant because you probably think Fiala for Miller is fair straight up.

I love all the Wild fans claiming this proposal is SOOO bad, but have no counter proposals.

I truly don't care if it is or isn't. The fairness of the deal isn't why I'd be opposed to the deal.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
lol.... this doesn't represent canuck's fans if anyone is wondering.

he suggested similar (fiala for miller) on our board and got lit up as he is here.

the fact the wild doesn't need to shake up their roster by moving out any of their top players is a non-starter, not even considering the value, etc.

now, if you came back with a pick, prospect, short term cap dump, maybe we have something.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Hard to take you serious if yet another person has to explain it to you. Maybe post your address and we can send you a crayon drawing and finger puppets?

The explanations aren't good.

A Wild "fan" said that you guys only have $12M in cap space - wrong, it was $23M.

A Wild "fan" said that Fiala for Miller might be a lateral move - wrong, JT is a far superior player than FIala.

A Wild "fan" attempts to mock the trade using Horvat and Fiala as centerpieces - wrong again, JT is a far superior player than Fiala.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Well, then I guess that should have been posted to the threads where at actually held relevance.
It holds relevance here too smart one. Also maybe go take a look at some other threads and you will see I have been posting this same thought.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

A Wild "fan" said that you guys only have $12M in cap space - wrong, it was $23M.

A Wild "fan" said that Fiala for Miller might be a lateral move - wrong, JT is a far superior player than FIala.

A Wild "fan" attempts to mock the trade using Horvat and Fiala as centerpieces - wrong again, JT is a far superior player than Fiala.

Then keep him dude. Reports are our gm is no longer involved, interested yet you keep trying to forge JT Miller down our throat. Do you not see the hypocrisy of your actions? The 12mil was reported by numerous reporters, not 23 mil by a Canucks fan who seem to not add in suter , and Parise cap hold, or that we need to field a team. or have room to add during the season.

Reactions: nstarjim

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
lol.... this doesn't represent canuck's fans if anyone is wondering.

he suggested similar (fiala for miller) on our board and got lit up as he is here.

the fact the wild doesn't need to shake up their roster by moving out any of their top players is a non-starter, not even considering the value, etc.

now, if you came back with a pick, prospect, short term cap dump, maybe we have something.
Don't be such a boot licker. People are allowed to post whatever proposals they want no matter how bad it is perceived. Whats really cringe is people getting real life offended by these offers, like cmon.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Because of our cap situation. And no, "just trade guys" isn't a reasonable solution to that situation.

The cap situation that isn't a situation for another year and a half?

JT is making $5.25M this year and next. What cap situation? lol

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Feel free to show us where a Wild fan "offered our worst assets to try and get Vancouver's best asset" in this thread.

It's implied.

If you guys think this trade is "so bad" for you guys, then it's clear your offers for Miller are probably like Greenway and a 2nd round pick.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
The cap situation that isn't a situation for another year and a half?

JT is making $5.25M this year and next. What cap situation? lol

You mean the cap that starts at end if season? Reality check, you don't care fo know anything about wild or their cap

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
It's implied.

If you guys think this trade is "so bad" for you guys, then it's clear your offers for Miller are probably like Greenway and a 2nd round pick.

We literally explained it to you nicely that our gm is no longer interested. Do we need to show you the article or articles? You would think our gm moving on would cause you to understand

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Mantha got a 1st, 2nd, Vrana.

Pacioretty got a 1st, Tatar, Suzuki

Coleman got a 1st, Foote

The difference between Miller and Fiala is absolutely close to a 1st and a prospect.

Mantha was signed to a 4 year extension, Pacioretty was too (5 years total). Wild would get Miller for a year and a half. The Wild don’t have the cap to keep Miller. They’re already having to decide between Dumba & Fiala.

Since you believe Miller is “far superior” to Fiala than his UFA contract must also be far superior to Fiala’s RFA extension.

Reactions: Joseph Nathan

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

It'd be more convincing if you didn't misrepresent posts like this.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
It'd be more convincing if you didn't misrepresent posts like this.

This is what I said: A Wild "fan" said that Fiala for Miller might be a lateral move - wrong, JT is a far superior player than Fiala.

Based off of this post:
upload_2022-2-16_15-37-50.png

How am I misrepresenting anything? You clearly articulate that you think there is a risk of a lateral move from Fiala to Miller, despite Miller being a far superior player.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Canucks suck and Wild are good, so there's no reason for the Canucks to keep Miller and plenty of reason for the Wild to add Miller.

I dumbed it down so you can understand it.

you just said he's a player you build around. i mean if VAN sucks they're going to BUILD right? I think his question was very apt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad