Proposal: VAN - MIN (Fiala+for Miller)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Quotes from Guerin from a Lebrun article today to help clarify that the Wild are not looking for a shakeup, or very concerned about centers:

“As is this very simple factor: team chemistry. The Wild look like a tight bunch. Chemistry is very important. How does a trade affect that in terms of changing players’ roles?
How much does Guerin weigh that heading into the deadline?
“A lot, a lot,’’ said the Wild GM. “I think our guys would be fine (if he adds) because they’re a pretty welcoming group. Everybody checks their ego at the door, they just want to win.
“But I do (weigh that factor). They have great chemistry and they’ve worked at it. They’ve built something really strong in that room. You know what? You got to be careful because you don’t want to disrupt that.’’
It seems to be a universally-held assertion that the Wild could use help at centre. Although when I mentioned that to Guerin, the Wild GM downplayed it.
“I think it’s overblown,’’ Guerin said. “That’s one of those things that people have talked about with our organization for years. You know what? Why don’t you just look at how we’re playing.
“Would you rather win, or win a certain way? I don’t feel the need to do anything like that, I really don’t.’’”

Reactions: Spurgeon

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Why do people think they can land Miller for the shit from their junk drawer?
the-mandalorian-this-is-the-way.gif

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Miller would be arguably your second best player on the team. You build your cap sheet around players like him.

If you don’t understand this concept then there’s nothing to expand on.
Miller would not be...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Canucks suck and Wild are good, so there's no reason for the Canucks to keep Miller and plenty of reason for the Wild to add Miller.

I dumbed it down so you can understand it.

Keep Miller and he'll eventually help the Canucks not suck.

Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Garland, Hughes, Hoglander, Demko. That's a lot of talent that you'd be wasting by depriving them of Miller.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
I’ll counter with

To Vancouver
Fiala
Rask

To Minnesota
Horvat
Protected 1st
Sutter
Rathbone

Ah that's funny.

It would work if Fiala was significantly better than Horvat, but Horvat is better than Fiala alone so...

Nice try though.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
If you have to ask question then why are you participating in a JT Miller thread?

Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Have you checked the standings at all? Try there.
Just because Canucks are bad doesn't mean you force it Miller on wild fans, or what you think he's worth

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Minny hasn't had a consistent first line center since Mikko Koivu. JT Miller can easily side in the 1C spot and be their first line center. Van needs a soft rebuild and Fiala fits the picture. Trade would come with an extension for Fiala (7 years 6M per?)

Other pieces added... Rask has some untapped potential and needs a change of scenery. Getting Pearson or Dickinson could be an upgrade on Rask.

To Minny:
JT Miller
Tanner Pearson/Jason Dickinson

To Van:
1st round pick protected
Kevin Fiala
Viktor Rask
Calen Addison
Cute the way you slipped Pearson/Dickinson and their multiple years of cap in there, knowing full well that Rask in as an expiring contract. Maybe try bargaining in good faith, and not assuming that your trading partner is an idiot?

I won't even bother going into all the other ways that your offer is insulting to MN fan's intelligence.

Last edited:

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
For a team that’s supposedly filled with players better than Fiala, you guys sure do suck.

Who said that?

I would comfortably take Horvat, Miller and Pettersson over Fiala right now. Is three a lot? Might have to go back to grade school.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Why do people think they can land Miller for the shit from their junk drawer?
Every teams fans think they can offer their worst assets for a teams best asset because "lul dood we fleeced you xd!!" and if you ask for a CRUMB more they get all uppity and start crying.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Cute the way you slipped Pearson/Dickinson and their multiple years of cap in there, knowing full well that Rask in as an expiring contract. Maybe try bargaining in good faith, and not assuming that your trading partner is an idiot?

I won't even bother going into all the other ways that your offer is insulting to MN fans intelligence.

Replace Pearson/Dickinson with Motte then. All these players could provide a bottom six upgrade. Or just remove those players entirely.

The central basis of the deal is Miller for Fiala, Addison and a 1st, yet you are focusing on the spare parts?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Epitome of HFboards.

Everyone just pretends to be a know-it-all without actually engaging in discussion.

So why is this idea shitty again?

Because it’s ridiculous to think that the difference between Fiala and Miller is a 1st, Addison, and taking on a cap dump. You realize Fiala’s contract expires as an RFA, right?

Boeser is on par with Fiala if not slighlty worse.

Nice try though?

Using your logic, being slightly worse is worth a protected 1st and your most NHL ready defensive prospect.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Because it’s ridiculous to think that the difference between Fiala and Miller is a 1st, Addison, and taking on a cap dump. You realize Fiala’s contract expires as an RFA, right?

Mantha got a 1st, 2nd, Vrana.

Pacioretty got a 1st, Tatar, Suzuki

Coleman got a 1st, Foote

The difference between Miller and Fiala is absolutely close to a 1st and a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad