Proposal: Van LA Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

So LA just decided to throw $88 million over 8 years at a mediocre defenseman? And as for Vlasic, he couldn't carry Drew's jockstrap. Is this what they teach you at Hogwarts? Jog on.
Are you ESL? I never said he was a bad defenseman, I said he wasn't elite as a defensive defenseman, as in shutting down the opposition. Vlasic who you felt like scoffing at actually was, and arguably the best in the entire NHL.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Doughty being better defensively than Karlsson doesn't make him elite defensively, it just makes him more well rounded. There is a massive difference between being decent defensively and being elite. An example of an elite defensive defenseman would be someone like Hjalmarsson or Vlasic, or in recent times McAvoy. But Doughty is definitely not that.
As he was the arguably the best shutdown guy in the NHL for a few years I can only assume you never watched him or don’t like him. During the Kings run he was deployed in all our shutdown situations and ate all the tough D minutes and matchups. I’ll step out of the discussion as it’ll certainly just go in circles now. During the

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
???????

What do you mean with "start"
The whole Canucks organization isn't worth a Byfield or Clarke
Overrate prospect so much that it becomes laughable. In that case Podkolzin is worth more than Kings organization. Be realistic because Byfield and Clarke havent proven crap in NHL and are not as valuable as McDavid was when he got drafted.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Canucks are further ahead this year..kings I think could be better long term. This deal would make LA better short and long term.

Agree. A lot to unfold for the Kings.

Agree. I really like Horvat's game and leadership qualities. Hughes could be sheltered defensively if necessary.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Hughes and Horvat to LA
Doughty to Vancouver

Gets Vancouver a long term upgrade on Hughes.
LA gets younger and sheds salary.

LA isn't trying to shed salary and Horvat is not an asset that we need. LA will get a lot of cap space back as Brown and Quick's contracts expire along with Maata and Edler (one year deal only), for a whopping total of like $18 mil. If anything we're going to be selling cap space or signing UFAs next season. We're good on cap.

LA has a kajillion nice young forwards coming in and we just acquired Arvidsson and Danault for the forward corps. We don't really need a Horvat.

Also, Doughty will anchor our defense corps for at least another five years when our youngsters start to come into the NHL. He's not available.

We definitely could use a Luke Hughes but if Van is not getting Doughty, I don't see how Hughes could remotely be available.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
LA isn't trying to shed salary and Horvat is not an asset that we need. LA will get a lot of cap space back as Brown and Quick's contracts expire along with Maata and Edler (one year deal only), for a whopping total of like $18 mil. If anything we're going to be selling cap space or signing UFAs next season. We're good on cap.

LA has a kajillion nice young forwards coming in and we just acquired Arvidsson and Danault for the forward corps. We don't really need a Horvat.

Also, Doughty will anchor our defense corps for at least another five years when our youngsters start to come into the NHL. He's not available.

We definitely could use a Luke Hughes but if Van is not getting Doughty, I don't see how Hughes could remotely be available.

Sure LA does not need to Shed salary or another stud center but why look a gift horse in the mouth.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Hughes and Horvat to LA
Doughty to Vancouver

Gets Vancouver a long term upgrade on Hughes.
LA gets younger and sheds salary.

We have a late entry for worst proposal of the year. Vancouver would have to add JT Miller to make it even. ( wink )

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Glad you got to be a part of the magic.

thanks-bro.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad