Proposal: Van LA Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Horvat only has 2 years left until UFA, so I disagree it would be an earnest offer for McDavid...

Offering Hughes + Pettersson would be an honest attempt
Not really. Edmonton would laugh and hang up the phone if the Canucks offered that.

Have you seen Hughes try to defend?

Reactions: spaghtti

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
You've definitely been cheifin fat blunts of that danky, danky if you think LA doesn't say yes to this deal the instant it's proposed
I concur, even if LA doesn't have a particular want or need for Hughes/Horvat, they say yes. Make the trade, then trade them away for something much more valuable than worn-down 11 million $ Doughty. Or trade them back to Vancouver for Doughty and a couple 1sts after Benning sobered up.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
There is nothing about this deal that makes sense for either team, on any level.

And I'm not going to take the time to list all the reasons because if OP spent 30 seconds actually thinking about this from both team's perspectives before proposing this monstrosity of a trade he wouldn't have come here with this laugher.

Edit: As for the Horvat angle, no, Blake doesn't trade for him just to flip him as he's redundant at C. He would ask Benning to give something he wants/needs instead or for Vancouver to arrange a third team.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
There is nothing about this deal that makes sense for either team, on any level.

And I'm not going to take the time to list all the reasons because if OP spent 30 seconds actually thinking about this from both team's perspectives before proposing this monstrosity of a trade he wouldn't have come here with this laugher.

Edit: As for the Horvat angle, no, Blake doesn't trade for him just to flip him as he's redundant at C. He would ask Benning to give something he wants/needs instead or for Vancouver to arrange a third team.
While it might not make sense for Doughty, it absolutely does for LA.
Or are you arguing the surplus future value (in a rebuild) does not exceed the “veteran presence” Doughty provides?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Value not bad, but I'd rather keep Doughty.

Edit: How much for Joulevi?

Soo much wrong with this reply. Juolevi might be on waivers at season's start, and Doughty is not worth a 21 year old Hughes and prime Horvat.

I'm beyond shocked anyone says LA doesn't do this. I like Doughty but he's not even worth anywhere near his 11 million per. Asset management alone, flip Hughes to NJ say Ty Smith and 1 of their youngers wingwersand shop Horvat to a team in need off a top 6C.

Or you role Kopitar - Horvat - Danault 1 -2 -3 down the middle and break these young C's in as wingers which is an easier adjustment for them than breaking in as center.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
A perfect photo representation of this thread:

drew-doughty-of-the-los-angeles-kings-laughs-as-he-watches-the-brawl-picture-id142862899

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Normally this is where I'd show up and poke at the "lol he's toast" stuff re Drew but for that sort of young return LA would be silly to say no, no matter how much Drew has in the tank.

Of course Drew himself would nix it after watching the Canucks kneecap themselves here but hey

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
While it might not make sense for Doughty, it absolutely does for LA.
Or are you arguing the surplus future value (in a rebuild) does not exceed the “veteran presence” Doughty provides?

I should have clarified: I agree it makes no sense for Doughty, and therefore for LA. As Drew has a full NMC Blake would have to have his approval and would probably be insulted to even be asked to waive it.

For the team, Doughty is a known quantity. Hughes still has some work to do, especially in his own end and he needs a new contract, value and term TBD. If he had his RFA deal in place and it was reasonable, that would certainly make him more appealing but I'd probably still prefer Doughty over the next 3-4 years.

So for the relative short-term, I'd rather have Doughty. Bird in hand and all that.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Hughes and Horvat to LA
Doughty to Vancouver

Gets Vancouver a long term upgrade on Hughes.
LA gets younger and sheds salary.
I guess you don’t watch the Kings much. Doughty isn’t an elite player anymore. Avs routinely roasted him last season. He’s not someone you build around.

Take out Doughty and replace with Byfield, Clarke and a protected 1st. See what Vancouver says.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
As a Kings fan, for this trade, I'm pushing Doughty in the back of my car and peeling out on the way to the airport to shove him on a plane to BC.

Which probably means this deal isn't balanced for Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad