Proposal: Van LA Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
LA makes out like bandits. completely lopsided and it is disingenuous to suggest outherwise
Not really interested in Hughes. Good at offense, defense not so much. Kings have plenty of centers so the other piece doesn't do much for the Kings & is UFA in 2 years. With the $ on Hughes new contract, I'd rather have Doughty.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Yeah a definite no from Vancouver also it seems like a lot of people didn't watch the Kings last season where Doughty was the best player so a definite no from the kings too.

Also what's up with all this shed cap talk? La isnt worried. Brown, Carter, and Quick are coming off the books soon.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Also what's up with all this shed cap talk? La isnt worried. Brown, Carter, and Quick are coming off the books soon.
Indeed. that should have been a major hint to people that the OP is not a Kings fan

The Kings are about to have 24 mill of cap space after this season with only Brown on assumably a short cheap deal , Kempe and Anderson.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah a definite no from Vancouver also it seems like a lot of people didn't watch the Kings last season where Doughty was the best player so a definite no from the kings too.

It's just the usual memes. And Van wasn't in our division last year so they didn't get to see Doughty fairly and justifiably in the Norris race thru 2/3-3/4 of the season before the team imploded. But people won't miss a chance to motherf*** DD.

All that said most of them have been reasonable except some of the usual suspects, Van wouldn't do that trade.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Trade value aside, how do you figure Horvat plays a way more important position than Doughty? You do know that #1 RD's are near impossible to find, right? And, even if you say C is more important, it would be very close. No need to exaggerate in order to make your point.

Um still hasnt changed... Hughes obviously has more value. Horvat is younger, on a way better deal, and plays a way more important position.

Only an LA fan with massive homerism would decline this deal

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
No thanks from an LA perspective

Our C depth is looking good.

Hughes can't even play D
No thanks from LA? So you rather have 40 year old Doughty instead of Hughes and Horvat. This is even more delusional than the OP post. In Fact your GM would be fired on the spot if he was offered that package for doughty and didnt take it, would be worse than Milbury

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Soo much wrong with this reply. Juolevi might be on waivers at season's start, and Doughty is not worth a 21 year old Hughes and prime Horvat.

I'm beyond shocked anyone says LA doesn't do this. I like Doughty but he's not even worth anywhere near his 11 million per. Asset management alone, flip Hughes to NJ say Ty Smith and 1 of their youngers wingwersand shop Horvat to a team in need off a top 6C.

Or you role Kopitar - Horvat - Danault 1 -2 -3 down the middle and break these young C's in as wingers which is an easier adjustment for them than breaking in as center.
you can edit your post again and take out nj. nj devils aren't collecting brothers. they are a nhl team.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I should have clarified: I agree it makes no sense for Doughty, and therefore for LA. As Drew has a full NMC Blake would have to have his approval and would probably be insulted to even be asked to waive it.

For the team, Doughty is a known quantity. Hughes still has some work to do, especially in his own end and he needs a new contract, value and term TBD. If he had his RFA deal in place and it was reasonable, that would certainly make him more appealing but I'd probably still prefer Doughty over the next 3-4 years.

So for the relative short-term, I'd rather have Doughty. Bird in hand and all that.
You completely ignore Horvat in this deal which I wouldnt trade straight up for Doughty even if LA added a first, nevermind adding Hughes lol. For your info, Hughes is much better offensively than Doughty by a country mile and a much better skater. Also Doughty is not that great in defense anymore and is older and slower now.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Trade the future for a soon to be 32 year old defenseman? Aside from the lopsided value this is not a deal that a young team still struggling to make the playoffs would even consider. Maybe a veteran cup contending team would love to add Doughty but not at that price.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
So who's the troll now?
Dude each of Horvat and Hughes has more value than old man Doughty who has probably 3 to 4 more years of passable play before he retires. Hughes is 21 for god sakes and one bad season from him doesnt make him trash. Horvat is already an elite 2nd line center that is much younger than Doughty and has great leadership. In what planet is Doughty equal to either one of those players taking into account his age? If it was a 22 year old doughty, I would trade both Horvat and Hughes for him but not now lol

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Trade the future for a soon to be 32 year old defenseman? Aside from the lopsided value this is not a deal that a young team still struggling to make the playoffs would even consider. Maybe a veteran cup contending team would love to add Doughty but not at that price.
Even a cup contending team still would not trade Horvat and Hughes to get Doughty when Horvat would probably be still playing as a 2nd line center on an elite team. Basically the only way this trade would go down is with a time machine with Doughty in it lol

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Trade value aside, how do you figure Horvat plays a way more important position than Doughty? You do know that #1 RD's are near impossible to find, right? And, even if you say C is more important, it would be very close. No need to exaggerate in order to make your point.
Horvat is just as important as Doughty because he plays 5 on 5, PK, PP, has a 60% plus FO percentage, is a captain and a leader while also making 5 million and he turns into a beast in playoffs. You think those type of players are easy to find?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
The Kings have a lot of great young assets, but Vancouver would not be interested in trading Hughes or Horvat at this juncture. Benning, for good or bad, is trying to compete this year, with his firing being in the cards if he fails to make the playoffs again. Horvat and Hughes have a bigger impact on our team then even a younger Doughty could hope to have.

Doughty would a fine win now piece, but his cap hit is not something we can accommodate, even assuming the worst for Hughes eventual contract, as we would still have to find someone to replace Horvat. Assuming such a player is available, we'd certainly be looking at a higher cap hit, even in addition to Doughty's cap hit.

I understand the OP is not a Kings fan, not that I'd paint everyone cheering for Los Angeles with the same brush, but the original proposal is a troll job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad