Value of: Turcotte to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Stephen Hawking has a quote about smart people appearing crazy to dumb people...

I'm not calling anyone dumb, but I'm reminded of that quote whenever someone points out how critical others are of me and my proposals

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's just that... an opinion

Unfortunately, many seem to think their opinion is a fact, and therefore anyone who doesn't agree is wrong

I'm just sharing my perspective on things... take it, or leave it... it doesn't matter to me in the slightest

To carry ego of this size every day you should be very strong person…

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The thing is, the Rangers don't really have anyone the Kings want in a 1 for 1. Its always the Rangers asking for one of the Kings C's and offering a package of lesser pieces, and thats putting it nicely.
I mean, I agree that Ranger fans are always coming at you guys with trade offers, but this is just an absurd comment. I’d like to see how you’d order the following list of prospects:

Vilardi, Turcotte, Thomas, Kupari, Madden, Helenius, Pinelli, Cuylle, Othmann, Berard, Kravtsov, Jones, Lundkvist, Robertson, Schneider.

By saying that the Rangers have no one you want in a 1 for 1, you’re basically saying that all 7 Kings on that list are higher rated prospects than all of the Rangers players, several of which have already played in the NHL. I mean, maybe you’re right, but I doubt that opinion is currently shared very widely.

And don’t get me wrong. The Kings have the best overall pool in the league. I am very jealous of their drafting. But to dismiss the Rangers top prospects is just silly, especially on the blueline.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Always been a big fan of his game and the need for a center is obvious. The Kings are loaded with centers and have: Kupari, Byfield, Danault, Kopitar isn't slowing down, Vilardi, Akil Thomas, and Tyler Madden.

Does Kravtsov + Zac Jones get it done or would it cost more?
Oh, as a Sabres fan having to field these crap offers from rags fans all summer, this so fun.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I mean, I agree that Ranger fans are always coming at you guys with trade offers, but this is just an absurd comment. I’d like to see how you’d order the following list of prospects:

Vilardi, Turcotte, Thomas, Kupari, Madden, Helenius, Pinelli, Cuylle, Othmann, Berard, Kravtsov, Jones, Lundkvist, Robertson, Schneider.

By saying that the Rangers have no one you want in a 1 for 1, you’re basically saying that all 7 Kings on that list are higher rated prospects than all of the Rangers players, several of which have already played in the NHL. I mean, maybe you’re right, but I doubt that opinion is currently shared very widely.

And don’t get me wrong. The Kings have the best overall pool in the league. I am very jealous of their drafting. But to dismiss the Rangers top prospects is just silly, especially on the blueline.

Pretty disingenuous post since no one is asking the Kings for Helenius/Pinelli/Kupari/Thomas - this is a Turcotte to NYR thread and the discussion has circled around Turcotte with some side action on Vilardi. If the Rags fans came in here asking for Helenius in exchange for Schneider there wouldn't be the same response.

Reactions: kinghock

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Pretty disingenuous post since no one is asking the Kings for Helenius/Pinelli/Kupari/Thomas - this is a Turcotte to NYR thread and the discussion has circled around Turcotte with some side action on Vilardi. If the Rags fans came in here asking for Helenius in exchange for Schneider there wouldn't be the same response.
I’m responding to a guy that literally said that the Rangers “don’t really have anyone the Kings would want in a 1 for 1”.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

No, I'm saying there's no fair/reasonable offer. I wouldn't take every Kings prospect over the Rangers, but if you break it down to comparable 1v1s I'd take the Kings guy pretty much every time

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I’m responding to a guy that literally said that the Rangers “don’t really have anyone the Kings would want in a 1 for 1”.
As it pertains to a defensive prospect for one of the Kings big C prospects - if you read the entire post in the context of the thread title. Or do you actually think the poster was saying he wouldn't trade Trevor Moore for Panarin 1 for 1?

Reactions: JKG33

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I still don’t get it. What’s a comparable 1 v 1?

Say you rank each Kings player 1-7. And each Rangers play 1-7.

Put the Kings #1 against the Rangers #1, and I'm gunna be taking the Kings player. Go down to #2 vs #2, and so on, and almost every time I'd take the King over the Ranger

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Say you rank each Kings player 1-7. And each Rangers play 1-7.

Put the Kings #1 against the Rangers #1, and I'm gunna be taking the Kings player. Go down to #2 vs #2, and so on, and almost every time I'd take the King over the Ranger
Ok. So you’d, potentially, be open to the the Rangers #2 for the Kings #3/4?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
You however don't follow your own advice and respond by calling out a poster because they don't represent the opinions of the Kings organization???? Talking out of both sides of your mouth a little. If you didn't care in the slightest you wouldn't have made the post and you quite clearly did not take it or leave it.

It seems you're mistaken about everything you just referenced...

In any event, I've grown bored with this topic... feel free to continue without me if you wish

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
It seems you're mistaken about everything you just referenced...

In any event, I've grown bored with this topic... feel free to continue without me if you wish
When I see a post like this it reminds me of the quote from Earl Nightengale “You’ll find boredom in the absence of a good idea”. I’m not trying to say that you don’t have good ideas but rather I’m just pontificating using someone’s else’s words.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Ok. So you’d, potentially, be open to the the Rangers #2 for the Kings #3/4?

Let's put it this way.
The Kings 1-5 (Byfield, Clark, Kupari, Vilardi, Turcotte )are untouchable as they come and only go for elite talent coming our way. (Think of Lafreniere)
I also put them into order how i see them.
Madden is slightly out of that group and available for trade, this is why the Kings people always offer him.
He would still be #1 Center prospect on other teams.

Everything after #5 is fair game and doesn't need an order.
Our needs is a scoring winger.
Please feel free to offer if you have something in mind.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
When I see a post like this it reminds me of the quote from Earl Nightengale “You’ll find boredom in the absence of a good idea”. I’m not trying to say that you don’t have good ideas but rather I’m just pontificating using someone’s else’s words.

Boredom's not a burden anyone should bear...

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Let's put it this way.
The Kings 1-5 (Byfield, Clark, Kupari, Vilardi, Turcotte )are untouchable as they come and only go for elite talent coming our way. (Think of Lafreniere)
I also put them into order how i see them.
Madden is slightly out of that group and available for trade, this is why the Kings people always offer him.
He would still be #1 Center prospect on other teams.

Everything after #5 is fair game and doesn't need an order.
Our needs is a scoring winger.
Please feel free to offer if you have something in mind.
I appreciate the clarity, and if that’s the organization’s stance, I’ll simply move on.

From my seat, that’s a totally reasonable stance on Byfield and Clarke. It’s a potentially reasonable stance on Vilardi and Turcotte. Including Kupari here is a bit much.

Anyway, good luck with these evaluations. Going to be interesting to see what the Kings ultimately do with all of these kids. Can’t keep them all.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can't wait for the 2 pages on using the word "we" to describe a team you don't actually play for.

Reactions: Kurrilino

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Why are the Kings trading an unproven prospect for more unproven prospects? If the Kings moved him, I'd want what they got the last time they traded a recent 5th overall pick. That solid, established, 25 year old legitimate team altering type player.

If I have to take someone else's potential, I'd rather just keep Turcotte's.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If the Kings are willing to move Turcotte for an immediate upgrade to their lineup, I think Arizona is the obvious trading partner with Chychrun heading to L.A....

Kings out: Turcotte, Kupari, Maatta
Kings in: Chychrun, Kessel (75% retained)

Coyotes out: Chychrun, Kessel (50% retained)
Coyotes in: Turcotte, Brannstrom, Maatta, T.B.'s 2022 2nd

Ottawa out: Brannstrom, Kessel (50% retained), T.B.'s 2022 2nd
Ottawa in: Kupari, (Kessel 50% retained)

Los Angeles get a top pairing LD signed for 4 years on a team-friendly contract, plus an offensive winger in Kessel at a fraction of his cap hit

Arizona add a highly touted C prospect, a young LD with some upside, plus a late 2022 2nd rd pick

Ottawa move on from Brannstrom to bring in a speedy RW who could provide them with a solid 3rd or 4th liner in the years to come

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The thing is, the Rangers don't really have anyone the Kings want in a 1 for 1. Its always the Rangers asking for one of the Kings C's and offering a package of lesser pieces, and thats putting it nicely.

And your fans constantly insult our prospects. It goes both ways. Let’s call Rangers fans out for their hypocrisy of wanting to trade for Turcotte and undervaluing him significantly at the same time, and also call out Kings fans for sheer ignorance about the value of certain Rangers prospects.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
And your fans constantly insult our prospects. It goes both ways. Let’s call Rangers fans out for their hypocrisy of wanting to trade for Turcotte and undervaluing him significantly at the same time, and also call out Kings fans for sheer ignorance about the value of certain Rangers prospects.

We Kings fans don't care. We're not starting threads to shit on your players. It's always you guys starting threads wanting a Kings prospect, and not liking the price that we ask. Don't like it? Too bad, go annoy another fan base, we're happy with our players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad