Value of: Turcotte to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
2nd is a little steep for an 8th defenseman that hasn't gotten a game this year. Hajek is out of time with waivers & still needs to develop. Doubt bad teams are going to offer a high 2nd or 3rd. Competitive teams aren't going to want to develop players in the NHL. A 4th might be worth jumping to the front of the waiver claim list.

Get that NYR holding onto that 8th D incurred some costs & Rangers fans are going to want some value. Just don't see it.

I agree the 2nd is steep, not just a little steep.
But why did you take what I posted out of context?

I did not say H for a 2.
I said H + two mid picks
for a 2nd AND they can juggle that over 3 years.

That's a horse of a different color, Mr. Wizard!

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

I did not say H for a 2.
I said H + two mid picks

I value a 2nd in the 30's substantially over a 3rd. 2 X 4th's doesn't move the needle for me.

Rather not have the 4th round picks & not pay the second.

Reactions: go4hockey

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006

I did not say H for a 2.
I said H + two mid picks

No need for Hajek. So, it's basically a high second from LA for two middle to lower fourth rounders. That doesn't work for the Kings.

Reactions: kinghock

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF
Trouba could be bribed to go LA now [theoretically they can create a gig for her at Cedars-Sinai or others to her liking]
then we could start a thread
Trouba to LA for _________

not applicable at present other than as a theoretical exercise
What would NY be asking for in Trouba? Would you guys want an up and coming star in Vilardi who hasn't fully developed yet in the NHL? Maybe Vilardi + Kempe+? LA needs a top pairing d man with Doughty and Walker out. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this since Trouba is a top guy in the league. I think LA could add generously to this deal if it were to be made.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I value a 2nd in the 30's substantially over a 3rd. 2 X 4th's doesn't move the needle for me.

Rather not have the 4th round picks & not pay the second.
Thanks for constructive feedback.
Would you do Pens 2022 3rd straight up?

No need for Hajek. So, it's basically a high second from LA for two middle to lower fourth rounders. That doesn't work for the Kings.
your no vote acknowledged, pls note for the record I was replying to post 221 duplicated for your convenience below: (bold added):

Hmmm... on of your guys, like 2 posts above you, agreed to the deal so i will take it.

But just for giggles, let's assume you take Gauthier out of the deal, that leaves Hajak.
What would you want from the Kings for Hajak. Obviously Madden is out of the question when your half of the deal is being removed

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What would NY be asking for in Trouba? Would you guys want an up and coming star in Vilardi who hasn't fully developed yet in the NHL? Maybe Vilardi + Kempe+? LA needs a top pairing d man with Doughty and Walker out. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this since Trouba is a top guy in the league. I think LA could add generously to this deal if it were to be made.

As noted, would love to move Trouba -- no current complaints on his playing -- just to recover cap/obtain roster spot for Schneider.

Unfortunately, has full nmc this and next 2 seasons.
A case can be made he likely gives us a break 1 yr early, but no for this season and very iffy he does next season.

I mentioned that with the disclaimer for purposes of interesting conversation to the topic, as while righty, and slightly overpaid, he is the big mobile guy you are looking for, tho he is def first but does chip in on offense.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

We have enough defenders in the minors to bridge the injuries.
Bjornfoot and Anderson look awesome as well.

We don't need any trade right now, not to mention giving away Vilardi and Kempe

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think Trouba agrees to that and I don't think your fan-base wants that trade to happen. Trouba has been good to start the season but it's a contract that can go south real quick, and realistically I can't see why Kings would want to give up assets to try and save this season while handcuffing them going forward.

Crown Royal

Apr 3, 2010
If the Kings are willing to move Turcotte for an immediate upgrade to their lineup, I think Arizona is the obvious trading partner with Chychrun heading to L.A....

Kings out: Turcotte, Kupari, Maatta
Kings in: Chychrun, Kessel (75% retained)

Coyotes out: Chychrun, Kessel (50% retained)
Coyotes in: Turcotte, Brannstrom, Maatta, T.B.'s 2022 2nd

Ottawa out: Brannstrom, Kessel (50% retained), T.B.'s 2022 2nd
Ottawa in: Kupari, (Kessel 50% retained)

Los Angeles get a top pairing LD signed for 4 years on a team-friendly contract, plus an offensive winger in Kessel at a fraction of his cap hit

Arizona add a highly touted C prospect, a young LD with some upside, plus a late 2022 2nd rd pick

Ottawa move on from Brannstrom to bring in a speedy RW who could provide them with a solid 3rd or 4th liner in the years to come
No

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why would we trade Vilardi for a player who has demonstrated nothing at the NHL level. Kravtsov is an offensively gifted AHL winger.

I get you don't want V for K 1:1.

Howev,
the bold is just wrong

Let's just speak the truth, shall we?

Krav can't prove himself unless/until he gets the chance.
He deserved a roster spot ahead of extra D Hajek
And Strome was not moved early

It is now coming out in addition to idiot coach Q, Drury did not love this guy as a pick.

He shouldn't be given favoritism, but he should be given fair chance.
You can't do a Boo Nieves and ask this guy to generate offense when he is given 4th liners who are black holes on offense.
This guy deserves a look in top 6, like Lias A got.

What's past is past and done is done.
Create roster spot
Play him, up his value, showcase, deal him

If he goes to Russia, that will only delay, not defeat that.
In the meantime, Strome will be gone.
So either someone wants first dibs at small discount close to 9OA in order to avoid higher price later, or we wait.

But this is not an AHL guy bringing an AHL return

Crown Royal

Apr 3, 2010
I get you don't want V for K 1:1.

Let's just speak the truth, shall we?

So either someone wants first dibs at small discount close to 9OA in order to avoid higher price later, or we wait.

But this is not an AHL guy bringing an AHL return

Looks like he’s a KHL guy now.

A discount of 9OA? Not from LA.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Looks like he’s a KHL guy now.

A discount of 9OA? Not from LA.

Either they get K back and up his value, which we expect is gonna ballpark mirror his 9OA pedigree based on his talent and history
OR
they deal him sooner like soon.

If soon,
then
a suitor is gonna want an incentive to buy now instead of waiting to see the actual cost, which could be up or down, later.

That buy now is a small discount. Like wholesale as opposed to retail.
This means like ballpark top 10 value to top 15. No less.

Straight up 1:1, he is NOT a late 1st, let alone a 2nd pick return.

Someone doesn't want to go there, fine, he'll return to NY, up his value and we will see.
Trade for OK acceptable return
develop in to Pulj 2.0/stay w/NYR
either is fine

He is not being given away

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He'll up his value like Lias Andersson did for us...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad