Value of: Turcotte to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
As a Sabres fans having Kings and Rangers fans tell us their 8th and 9th best prospects are UNTOUCHABLE in a deal for a top 10 NHL center, watching these two fan bases argue about the value of each others prospects is priceless.

I'm pretty sure those groups declare their 8th best prospect as untouchable regarding Eichel.

As soon as you put Ollofson, Thompson on the table the tune will change, especially from the Kings who want wingers

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What part of we don't want Lindy is so difficult to understand?
Not for Vilardi, not for any of our top center prospects

That's fine and that's you.
I want a head count betw how many LA fans only want Ws or how many also interested in D?

If majority do not want Lindgren for Villardi fine.
Neither of us wants to undersell.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Presumably the Rangers could just call Darren at home and re-sign him, but he hasn't played in 20 years so I'm not sure he's the best add for them.

Good one and like your avatar.
Tho George is my favorite, the late great Johnny Ace Mr Lennon, who you quote, is also fondly remembered.

Reactions: My3Sons

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
That's fine and that's you.
I want a head count betw how many LA fans only want Ws or how many also interested in D?

If majority do not want Lindgren for Villardi fine.
Neither of us wants to undersell.
I am interested in both However the defense man needs to fit a standard of over 6 1 and 200 lbs and has a better offensive game then what we have already He also needs to be left handed. Our defense is to small and offensively challenged.

Reactions: kinghock

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I am interested in both However the defense man needs to fit a standard of over 6 1 and 200 lbs and has a better offensive game then what we have already He also needs to be left handed. Our defense is to small and offensively challenged.

Thank you for the fair and constructive, useful feedback.
fyi,
Lindgren is an obv effective clear the crease stud
He is a tad under your 6'1 and 200 at 6'0 and 191. He fits the Lefty playing LD requirement.

While it is true size is size and that cannot be taught, some guys are effective to the full measure of what they have, be it size, speed, or otherwise, more than the average comparable.

I don't know why Lindy plays as tho he is bigger. Is he like 99% muscle w/zero body fat? I have no idea. Howev, he clearly passes the eye test.

He is clearly better than say Zaitsev who if I remember is 6'4. Ditto Ristolainen.

You are seeking a unicorn. You want a lefty Parayko [6'6" w/mobility if not speed]. Extremely hard to find, hard still available, hardest still available not insanely expensive.

Consider how close Lindy is to a fit. Consider how well he actually plays. Consider he just started a reasonable 3 at 3 per deal.

I anticipate you'd want me to consider KAM instead. Can't do that, due to Trouba.

Trouba is 8m per w/full nmc. He goes nowhere this year. Maybe MAYBE if we bribe him enuf he will waive and let us move him a yr or 2 early before that clause expires/is reduced. But until then, that 8m part of the D corp can't be juggled.

And I need cap $$ for Fox, LaF, Kakko after this season at latest.
Now we have short term workaround by dealing Strome and Geo so we are in good shape for next year.

But moving a surplus D [we can showcase Hajek/Reunanen, deal both, then promote Jones], while his 3m is a very affordable bargain for what he provides, replacing that w/an elc works $$ wise for us, and helps circulate talent.

So take a 2nd look and let me know.

Again, not trying to force anything down anyone's throat.
Interested in a head count on if Lindy for Vilardi, or something around that, can be a discussion.

Just to be clear, no one, including me, is negative on Lindy.
As I said a gazillion times, need to juggle cap/roster to keep Fox, LaF, Kakko long term.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Good one and like your avatar.
Tho George is my favorite, the late great Johnny Ace Mr Lennon, who you quote, is also fondly remembered.

I probably listen to more Harrisongs than MacLen compositions solo or together. All have their own things worth listening to but John was more quotable than George for my taste.

Reactions: bernmeister

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Thank you for the fair and constructive, useful feedback.
fyi,
Lindgren is an obv effective clear the crease stud
He is a tad under your 6'1 and 200 at 6'0 and 191. He fits the Lefty playing LD requirement.

While it is true size is size and that cannot be taught, some guys are effective to the full measure of what they have, be it size, speed, or otherwise, more than the average comparable.

I don't know why Lindy plays as tho he is bigger. Is he like 99% muscle w/zero body fat? I have no idea. Howev, he clearly passes the eye test.

He is clearly better than say Zaitsev who if I remember is 6'4. Ditto Ristolainen.

You are seeking a unicorn. You want a lefty Parayko [6'6" w/mobility if not speed]. Extremely hard to find, hard still available, hardest still available not insanely expensive.

Consider how close Lindy is to a fit. Consider how well he actually plays. Consider he just started a reasonable 3 at 3 per deal.

I anticipate you'd want me to consider KAM instead. Can't do that, due to Trouba.

Trouba is 8m per w/full nmc. He goes nowhere this year. Maybe MAYBE if we bribe him enuf he will waive and let us move him a yr or 2 early before that clause expires/is reduced. But until then, that 8m part of the D corp can't be juggled.

And I need cap $$ for Fox, LaF, Kakko after this season at latest.
Now we have short term workaround by dealing Strome and Geo so we are in good shape for next year.

But moving a surplus D [we can showcase Hajek/Reunanen, deal both, then promote Jones], while his 3m is a very affordable bargain for what he provides, replacing that w/an elc works $$ wise for us, and helps circulate talent.

So take a 2nd look and let me know.

Again, not trying to force anything down anyone's throat.
Interested in a head count on if Lindy for Vilardi, or something around that, can be a discussion.

Just to be clear, no one, including me, is negative on Lindy.
As I said a gazillion times, need to juggle cap/roster to keep Fox, LaF, Kakko long term.

I really tried to stay out of this because this was directly between you an him.... but you just make it impossible.

He gave you 2 parameters, over 6'1 and offensive talent.
You offer under 6'1 and stay at home without any offensive instinct.

Can you at least acknowledge that you just try to sell regardless what the other parties need is?
I mean, what answer do you expect? He told you, he want X and you answer with, i have Y. Do you even remotely expect a yes?

Reactions: KingTech

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
@bernmeister the player i have a mild interest in if available is Matthew Robertson he sorta fits what I am looking for He is stuck behind all ur other defensive prospect with little hope of moving up imo. I think he would be worth a role of the dice of a prospect in the Madden range of players. I know Madden is not the prospect in the realm of Turcotte or Vilardi but hes a solid prospect with 2 c upside is there a match there?

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Since nobody acknowledged my earlier suggestion, I'll just post it again...

Vilardi for Kravtsov

Rangers get a middle 6 C

Kings get an offensively gifted winger

Both players have 1 year left on their ELC...

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Since nobody acknowledged my earlier suggestion, I'll just post it again...

Vilardi for Kravtsov

Rangers get a middle 6 C

Kings get an offensively gifted winger

Both players have 1 year left on their ELC...

I'll acknowledge it no from this king fan Vilardi is going no where till they at least try him on the wing Which will probably happen when Bayfield comes back.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I'll acknowledge it no from this king fan Vilardi is going no where till they at least try him on the wing Which will probably happen when Bayfield comes back.

That's certainly one way to go...

My perception of things is that Kravtsov has more upside, but I could be mistaken

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
That's certainly one way to go...

My perception of things is that Kravtsov has more upside, but I could be mistaken
Only way to find out is to play him there. I honestly think Vilardi has the higher upside playing Center which is a more valued position. Kravtsov is all potential he has not even made the nhl yet and until he at least makes the nhl his value is less.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What part of we don't want Lindy is so difficult to understand?
Not for Vilardi, not for any of our top center prospects
He means Lindgren, and you aren't getting him for Vilardi. That would just be a backwards move for NYR giving up their top left side D-man.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
He means Lindgren, and you aren't getting him for Vilardi. That would just be a backwards move for NYR giving up their top left side D-man.

I am well aware that he talks about Lindgren.
If that is your top defender, you guys are in a lot of trouble.

Beside that we never proposed Vilardi for Lindgren.
It's always the same person trying to get our top youngsters, offering not needed and not wanted stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad