Value of: Turcotte to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The Kings have so much prospect depth the last thing they need to be doing is disseminating a core piece that has a distinctive future value in terms of possible role for multiple other prospect or youth pieces even if the mathematical value seems ok.

I’d say if anything they should be in position to do the opposite soon - consolidate that depth into other assets that accelerate the build.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The Kings have so much prospect depth the last thing they need to be doing is disseminating a core piece that has a distinctive future value in terms of possible role for multiple other prospect or youth pieces even if the mathematical value seems ok.

I’d say if anything they should be in position to do the opposite soon - consolidate that depth into other assets that accelerate the build.
The problem is you don't know what you have until you know what you have, or run out of time to find out what you have. Kings and Rangers both don't fully know what they have. For teams wanting one of those prospects, exchanging with another prospect, you're not getting value on what you expect their future to be (whether that players reaches their potential never becomes a good NHL player). So to your point, yeah, sometimes you just gotta say "Ok, well we have an abundance of this and we need more of that", then just make a trade to fill the hole, but you don't start at the top of the prospect list. Kings should have 3 prospects off the table unless an unreal trade is coming their way. Rangers can't be trading Lundkvist/Schneider on a potential either, not after 6 games.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
how is the scoring on the wings for the kings . if their still shopping for a scoring winger would something around toffoli plus work for turcotte ?

Turcotte was a lottery pick in a reasonably deep draft. You really think Toffoli, who we in LA traded away for 2nd rounders in his peak/prime, is worth anywhere near a lottery pick? The plus would be more than Toffoli's worth.

Also, LA is looking for younger wingers like maybe a Kravtsov-age winger. Right now we have a kajillion forwards with scoring potential such as Fagemo, Kaliyev and such, plus we convert our center prospects to play wing.

LA needs maybe one thing, a dynamic, young LHD...and maybe, maybe another top goalie prospect who's a year or two away from being a backup.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Kings have around zero interest in Zac Jones which leaves Kravtsov.
So Madden for Kravtsov is something i would consider

I guess another team who needs Kravtsov AND Jones would make a better offer

If you don't want Jones, or Jones at anything which reflects he is currently Fox lite and has potential to approach into Fox upside, that's fine.
We can move other pieces and develop Jones before we deal him [which is the projection since we have Fox, and b'c Nils L is close enough in other areas and has a cannon shot].

We do NOT want Madden or deals where WE are taking lesser pieces.
We control the Krav situation.
We cannot afford Strome beyond this year, so he will go.
When he does, Krav will get this chance.
After he demonstrates talent->actual potential production, we will deal him.
Anyone wants him now, fine, pay real price not media clickbait bs of a 2nd.
A 2nd is what Lias, who is a total failure, and who never should have been taken 7OA even in a weak draft, got.

You prob get a better offer for Madden, but most I would do would be like LD reunanen + a 3rd which can morph into a 2nd. That's it.

The bottom line here is guy we would want is Villardi, and with exception of Lindgren as a base for a deal, not sure we are in agreement.

What would you add to Vilardi, pref a pick, for Strome + Lindgren?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The thing is, the Rangers don't really have anyone the Kings want in a 1 for 1. Its always the Rangers asking for one of the Kings C's and offering a package of lesser pieces, and thats putting it nicely.

Pot calling kettle, get real.
Madden for Krav illustrates the opposite.

LA posters keep wanting best of Rangers blue chips for lesser Kings prospects. NO,

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Would only consider trading Turcotte by adding to him for a star. Kings would be a good trade partner for a team that can afford to give up a star player because they need depth.

I mean, this is why so many Buffalo fans saw LA as a natural landing place for Eichel -- with Turcotte as the centerpiece prospect. You guys would still keep Byfield.

But then again, many Rangers fans see/saw Kravstov and Jones as the centerpieces as an Eichel deal.............so I suppose the value makes sense in their eyes????

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Always been a big fan of his game and the need for a center is obvious. The Kings are loaded with centers and have: Kupari, Byfield, Danault, Kopitar isn't slowing down, Vilardi, Akil Thomas, and Tyler Madden.

Does Kravtsov + Zac Jones get it done or would it cost more?

It would cost a lot more.

Reactions: go4hockey

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The kings won cups with Justin Williams occupying the 1LW slot, scoring 19 goals over 82 games. So there is that.

Hockey isn’t a stat-driven sport, there is a hell of a lot more to winning than cherry picking back door chances while your line-mates do the work.

Putting Alex and Adrian in the same class is laughable. Iafallo is a bona-fide top six play driver.

Well, since we use Iafallo as a bona-fide top six play driver, we draft in the top 3 so i am good with that.
I also don't mean to point fingers on Iafallo alone, the issue is that Iafallo is our best winger.

We always face the situation where the opponent wingers snipe the puck into the upper corners or between arm and blocker while
our stone handed wingers hit the goalies chest, and that puts it mildly. Our favorite is high AND wide.

You can't win games without putting a puck into a net doesn't matter how driven or motivated our players are.
At some point you need someone who knows how to defeat a goalie.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Because we have no interest in your shitty offers. Its very rarely Kings fans making threads about Rangers players. We just reply to the weekly threads started by you guys

Not conceding that all or even most offers by most Ranger fans are shitty, even just extending you courtesy to argue the point, you're saying your counter is 2 wrongs make a right, which is almost never the case.

I think that while we can revisit things amicably down the road when our young'uns have shown enuf, I think for now the only bonafide discussion to have is something around

Lindgren
for
Villardi

That works for NY b'c we start playing Hajek, showcase him, move him like yesterday, and Voila! we have room for Krav. We would be adding an F in Villardi, but we can send McKegg down.

This thread is specific to Turcotte.
Staying w/in rules to avoid hijacking, someone make a new thread either LAK-NYR or "something around Lindgren for Villardi" so the specific discussion content is then appropriate.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Turcotte was a lottery pick in a reasonably deep draft. You really think Toffoli, who we in LA traded away for 2nd rounders in his peak/prime, is worth anywhere near a lottery pick? The plus would be more than Toffoli's worth.

Also, LA is looking for younger wingers like maybe a Kravtsov-age winger. Right now we have a kajillion forwards with scoring potential such as Fagemo, Kaliyev and such, plus we convert our center prospects to play wing.

LA needs maybe one thing, a dynamic, young LHD...and maybe, maybe another top goalie prospect who's a year or two away from being a backup.

you don't want to pay for Krav and you have ample Cs to cover, so fine.

another thread needed for Lindgren and Villardi as core pieces in a deal.

We may have a spare G we can offer for a nominal profit.

Reactions: Rorschach

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Pot calling kettle, get real.
Madden for Krav illustrates the opposite.

LA posters keep wanting best of Rangers blue chips for lesser Kings prospects. NO,

It's not us opening a trade proposal on a daily base asking for our centers.

It's very easy, you want our young centers, we want your young wingers.
If that's not possible, there is no reason to talk trades

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It's not us opening a trade proposal on a daily base asking for our centers.

It's very easy, you want our young centers, we want your young wingers.
If that's not possible, there is no reason to talk trades

Fine and fair enuf.
But what about your side also asking about LD, pref high end LD?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Well, since we use Iafallo as a bona-fide top six play driver, we draft in the top 3 so i am good with that.
I also don't mean to point fingers on Iafallo alone, the issue is that Iafallo is our best winger.

We always face the situation where the opponent wingers snipe the puck into the upper corners or between arm and blocker while
our stone handed wingers hit the goalies chest, and that puts it mildly. Our favorite is high AND wide.

You can't win games without putting a puck into a net doesn't matter how driven or motivated our players are.
At some point you need someone who knows how to defeat a goalie.
For the thousandth time...

Never mind. To any reasonable person with a modicum of knowledge, please take note that Alex Iafallo has produced points in the top 30 for LWs over the past couple of seasons. Don't pay any attention to the nonsense above.

And to the point of the thread, there is no realistic deal that sees the Kings trading Turcotte at this point.

Reactions: Deaders Ghost

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
LA isn't moving Turcotte. Kings haven't had a great experience with Russians over the years either. Maybe Kupari straight up for Kravtsov. You could probably do better elsewhere.

LA has no interest in moving Turcotte. An offer would have to blow them away, This surely does not do that.

I've never understood the point of this type of response... are you hoping to bring the discussion to a grinding halt?

Whether or not the Kings would consider moving Turcotte is irrelevant to what the GMs here at HFBoards would do...

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I've never understood the point of this type of response... are you hoping to bring the discussion to a grinding halt?

Whether or not the Kings would consider moving Turcotte is irrelevant to what the GMs here at HFBoards would do...

It means we like the player and have no desire to see him traded for anything short of an overpayment. If it ends the nonsensical discussions then I'd call that a win.

What you think you should be able to get Turcotte for is also irrelevant. If fans aren't representing their own teams on this forum then whats the point? Just so losers can underpay for a player and then jerk off over an unrealistic lineup? Might as well just nuke this section of the boards then.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
May i ask who this "and such" is?
We have exactly Kaliev and Fagemo and that's it

Grundstrom, Vilardi, Frk, etc. Of course all of them are either small, big or huge question marks but we're not exactly trying to win now. My point mainly is, if we get a winger, we need him to be a young enough age and should be someone much better than a Grundstrom or younger than a Toffoli since we have a lot of "ok" wingers. A Kravtsov-level of winger would be someone that could be interesting. A Toffoli is too old and certainly not worth a lottery pick guy like Turcotte.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
you don't want to pay for Krav and you have ample Cs to cover, so fine.

another thread needed for Lindgren and Villardi as core pieces in a deal.

We may have a spare G we can offer for a nominal profit.

I think as time progresses in the NYR's various situations, the values of a need for a young center and the current value of Kravtsov if that situation doesn't resolve, may change enough to fit what LA is willing to do. We have so many centers we could deal two of our top ones (we have like 7-12 depending on who you ask and who NYR likes) and still have plenty, plenty more. I think NYR could use more than one.

Reactions: bernmeister

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
In terms of value, if I'm the Kings and the Rangers were calling about Turcotte, the asking price in a straight up swap would be K'Andre Miller... which I don't think is a deal I'd be willing to make if I'm the Rangers

New York have some young RD that could be expendable, but with Edler and Maatta in the final year of their deals, the Kings appear to be have a more pressing need for long term options at LD

Philly looks like a team that could be interested in a young RD on his ELC...

Kings out: Turcotte
Kings in: Kravtsov, Tuomaala, PHI's 2022 1st, STL's 2022 2nd

Rangers out: Kravtsov, Schneider, STL's 2022 2nd
Rangers in: Turcotte

Flyers out: Tuomaala, 2022 1st
Flyers in: Schneider

Kings add a pair of speedy young wingers, a 2022 1st, and a 2022 2nd

Rangers deal from a position of strength to bring in a highly touted C prospect with top 6 potential

Flyers fill their need for a long term option at RD

Then the Kings call Arizona with an offer for Chychrun...

Kings in: Chychrun

Arizona in: Bjornfot, L.A.'s 2022 1st, PHI's 2022 1st, and Maata for cap reasons

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
How about Vilardi straight up for Kravtsov?

Rangers get a middle 6 C

Kings get an offensively gifted winger

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad