Value of: Turcotte to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think that while we can revisit things amicably down the road when our young'uns have shown enuf, I think for now the only bonafide discussion to have is something around

Lindgren
for
Villardi

That works for NY b'c we start playing Hajek, showcase him, move him like yesterday, and Voila! we have room for Krav. We would be adding an F in Villardi, but we can send McKegg down.
Rangers will not be moving Lindgren for Villardi. And they certainly won't be moving Lindgren so they can showcase Hajek for a potential trade. Lindgren is playing LD w/ Fox, used between 18 and 21 minutes a game with no powerplay time included to bump the time on ice. He's 23 years old and we just extended him. Rangers won't trade him for Villardi, so we can avoid going down that hill.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I would trade Kupari and/or Madden for an offensive D man, Tough power forward or sniper. Would only consider trading Turcotte by adding to him for a star. Kings would be a good trade partner for a team that can afford to give up a star player because they need depth.
Any GM trading a star player for depth should no longer be a GM

Reactions: go4hockey

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Usually it's you wanting the better "blue chip" and or higher draft pick for your lesser ones
at least I am honest about my strategy for NY to keep bluest blue chips unless/until they have a surplus.

Your side continues to press for better guys and in return offers Madden.
Which is your right.

But then don't be hypocritical and pretend it is not what it is.

As an outsider, I think either Kakko for Turcotte or Kravtsov and Lunqkvist/Schneider for Turcotte makes some sense.
No it makes zero sense
Kakko not going anywhere

And NY is better off not overpaying for Turcotte, even if you agree he is worth that and even if you think LA considers moving him, which they do not.

We will wait to manage the Kravtsov situation to get full value by first getting him here, upping his game, and showcasing him.
We are not selling him cheap now.

Which brings me back to the highest LAK goes, maybe, is Villardi.
For NYR, I go Lindgren for Villardi. Again, someone w/time make a thread for that.

I think as time progresses in the NYR's various situations, the values of a need for a young center and the current value of Kravtsov if that situation doesn't resolve, may change enough to fit what LA is willing to do. We have so many centers we could deal two of our top ones (we have like 7-12 depending on who you ask and who NYR likes) and still have plenty, plenty more. I think NYR could use more than one.

Agree overall.
Our perceived needs as stated are actually overblown. And that is them not listening to me and trying Kravtsov at C.

Consider:
Zib is now locked up, with nmc. That's 1C
Chytil is fine at 2C
Strome we cannot afford is buh bye.
Several options, but I like Barron for 3C
and again several options Rooney/Blais = 4C

So if we repurpose someone into a good enough upside pivot we are good.
We don't need desperate gambles that deplete depth, eff up cap, etc.

I would do Kravtsov and Lundkvist for Turcotte. And that is fair offer.
No, pls see above.
\

Rangers will not be moving Lindgren for Villardi. And they certainly won't be moving Lindgren so they can showcase Hajek for a potential trade. Lindgren is playing LD w/ Fox, used between 18 and 21 minutes a game with no powerplay time included to bump the time on ice. He's 23 years old and we just extended him. Rangers won't trade him for Villardi, so we can avoid going down that hill.

Obv, we don't do this just for Hajek and you know I didn't say that.
It is a happy byproduct of removing 1 D we can get Hajek, who we can't send down out of options, to work w/Fox. Up his game, showcase, deal Haj asap. Then we bring in Reunanen for the same and a fast exit.
THEN we bring in Jones.

I got nothing vs Lindy.
His devotees are forced to concede numbers don't lie. Robertson is his eventual heir, and Robby is bigger.
Jones is a stopgap.

Eventual D lineup after this season [hopefully]

Robertson - Fox
KAM - Schneider
Nemeth - Nils

numbers do not lie.
We should sell high on Lindy now and move Trouba sooner if he lets us so we have cap nec to extend Fox, pay LaF, Kakko

Reactions: Rorschach

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
No it makes zero sense
Kakko not going anywhere

And NY is better off not overpaying for Turcotte, even if you agree he is worth that and even if you think LA considers moving him, which they do not.

We will wait to manage the Kravtsov situation to get full value by first getting him here, upping his game, and showcasing him.
We are not selling him cheap now.

Which brings me back to the highest LAK goes, maybe, is Villardi.
For NYR, I go Lindgren for Villardi. Again, someone w/time make a thread for that.

Agree overall.
Our perceived needs as stated are actually overblown. And that is them not listening to me and trying Kravtsov at C.

Consider:
Zib is now locked up, with nmc. That's 1C
Chytil is fine at 2C
Strome we cannot afford is buh bye.
Several options, but I like Barron for 3C
and again several options Rooney/Blais = 4C

So if we repurpose someone into a good enough upside pivot we are good.
We don't need desperate gambles that deplete depth, eff up cap, etc.

No, pls see above.
\

Obv, we don't do this just for Hajek and you know I didn't say that.
It is a happy byproduct of removing 1 D we can get Hajek, who we can't send down out of options, to work w/Fox. Up his game, showcase, deal Haj asap. Then we bring in Reunanen for the same and a fast exit.
THEN we bring in Jones.

I got nothing vs Lindy.
His devotees are forced to concede numbers don't lie. Robertson is his eventual heir, and Robby is bigger.
Jones is a stopgap.

Eventual D lineup after this season [hopefully]

Robertson - Fox
KAM - Schneider
Nemeth - Nils

numbers do not lie.
We should sell high on Lindy now and move Trouba sooner if he lets us so we have cap nec to extend Fox, pay LaF, Kakko[/QUOTE]

at least I am honest about my strategy for NY to keep bluest blue chips unless/until they have a surplus.

Your side continues to press for better guys and in return offers Madden.
Which is your right.

But then don't be hypocritical and pretend it is not what it is.

NOooooo! lets not pretend it more than what it is. You're hardly the only ones here trying to win/get over a HFboard trade while trying to build an all-star U23 team. You just more wordy than most others

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Tyler Toffoli does not fetch a prospect like Turcotte. That plus would have to be huge. And with that being said, no one ever trades their prospects for packages. Prospects are usually either kept until people know what they have in them, or packaged for a bigger player.
Kings are rebuilding so it doesn't make sense, but Toffoli scored more goals in the NHL last year than Turcotte all league/tournaments combine the last 2 years... Turcotte was drafted 5th overall but I doubt he lives up to it, still a good prospect tho. If a contending team wants a 30+ goal scorer on a great contract it's going to cost them more then a late 1st. IMO Turcotte would've to be on the table, but I'm not as high as others on him. Haven't watch all his games either (1st year in NCAA and all WJCs)

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Kings are rebuilding so it doesn't make sense, but Toffoli scored more goals in the NHL last year than Turcotte all league/tournaments combine the last 2 years... Turcotte was drafted 5th overall but I doubt he lives up to it, still a good prospect tho. If a contending team wants a 30+ goal scorer on a great contract it's going to cost them more then a late 1st. IMO Turcotte would've to be on the table, but I'm not as high as others on him. Haven't watch all his games either (1st year in NCAA and all WJCs)

Just stop.....

We don't like shady business.
We insist you keep the superstar and we gamble on a worthless prospect.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
As a Sabres fans having Kings and Rangers fans tell us their 8th and 9th best prospects are UNTOUCHABLE in a deal for a top 10 NHL center, watching these two fan bases argue about the value of each others prospects is priceless.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
As a Sabres fans having Kings and Rangers fans tell us their 8th and 9th best prospects are UNTOUCHABLE in a deal for a top 10 NHL center, watching these two fan bases argue about the value of each others prospects is priceless.

he's not a top 10 NHL C atm
needs his choice of surgery
heal
then demonstrate he can cut the mustard

THEN you can consider a solid return -- presuming people have cap, which is a big deal

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

all the Eichel to LA stuff I have read on HF board (admittingly stopped following after Danault signed), were people just saying Byfeild was a no go, and some saying Turcotte and Clarke too.

I was in favor of a Turcotte +++ deal for Eichel. But as soon as LA signed Danault as well as it became evident Eichel would not be healthy to start the season there was no point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad