Value of: Turcotte to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
That's certainly one way to go...

My perception of things is that Kravtsov has more upside, but I could be mistaken

May i ask what brings you to this conclusion?
The player that doesn't make the NHL team, has a higher upside than the guy who just finished his rookie season and
outplays the regular troops?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
He doesn't have to.
No Kings person around here will trade Vilardi for Kravtsov.
Maybe there was a reason why nobody answered your post

The Kings people 'round here have no say in actual roster decisions, so whether they would or would not is irrelevant to what the organization would do...

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The Kings people 'round here have no say in actual roster decisions, so whether they would or would not is irrelevant to what the organization would do...

lol, this is a great approach to a public hockey trading forum.

Well, the Kings didn't trade for Kravtsov even after he was allowed to look elsewhere.
Is that enough Organization input for you?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I am well aware that he talks about Lindgren.
If that is your top defender, you guys are in a lot of trouble.
Rangers are in a lot of trouble but not because of Lindgren. Him and Fox play together. Is he an ideal top pairing? No, probably more of a top 4, but none of that matters because it works and it's not just because "Fox is on his pairing". He's an established Dman for our team. He just signed an extension. I understand the "Lundkvist and Jones are overrated and haven't done anything to make LA interested in swapping a prospect like Vilardi" but whether you want Lindgren or not, let's not act like he's a bad player. He's by far the more valuable player right now around the league. Rangers simply won't offer that and I'm not sure why Bern is on this "Sell high kick" for every player.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
May i ask what brings you to this conclusion?
The player that doesn't make the NHL team, has a higher upside than the guy who just finished his rookie season and
outplays the regular troops?

The conclusion was based on the reading I've done on both of them as prospects, as well as the highlights I've seen of them as players...

I can't quite put my finger on who Kravtsov reminds me of... possibly a combination of Mogilny and Kovalev

Jason Allison was the first player that came to mind after seeing highlights of Vilardi

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
lol, this is a great approach to a public hockey trading forum.

Well, the Kings didn't trade for Kravtsov even after he was allowed to look elsewhere.
Is that enough Organization input for you?

Maybe the Kings offered Vilardi for Kravtsov, and the Rangers turned them down...

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

Can you just imagine that your recommendations regarding roster decisions for Kings will not be favorably viewed by LA management either?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Can you just imagine that your recommendations regarding roster decisions for Kings will not be favorably viewed by LA management either?

I'm not the one claiming to know what roster decisions L.A.'s management would or would not make...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Weird thing to say on a board where we all play pretend GMs and make mock trades.

Yes, but this conversation only began because a poster said "The Kings wouldn't do that"

If they had just said "It's not something I'd do from the Kings' perspective" then I wouldn't have responded

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
The conversation predates that comment... if you're not able to keep up, best not get involved

oh boy... this is a Rangers guy trying to help you out.

The fact that you go into a public trade discussion forum and tell people their opinion doesn't matter because they don't speak for the management puts you into a really weird light.

Beside that your daily trade proposals have been locked down at record speed and people ask for your posting permissions to be removed.
This should be more than one red flag telling you, that whatever you are doing might be wrong, not what everyone else is doing.

Kings folks tried to tell you over and over again what the actual Kings needs are and you keep ignoring every single word.
Is there actually a reason why you come here?

Reactions: kinghock

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
What about a deal around Lindgren?

Until his Bestie Fox is signed thats a no-go. With Robertson and Jones in the pipe line that could be a future move.

Gotta get Foxy signed first, hopefully to a sweetheart deal. Can't risk a "This is business" variable till the ink dry's.

BTW, I love Lindgren, anyone reading don't misconstrue my take. It's just a pragmatic solution to a glaring problem which is our need for a bonified Center to replace Strome.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
oh boy... this is a Rangers guy trying to help you out.

The fact that you go into a public trade discussion forum and tell people their opinion doesn't matter because they don't speak for the management puts you into a really weird light.

Beside that your daily trade proposals have been locked down at record speed and people ask for your posting permissions to be removed.
This should be more than one red flag telling you, that whatever you are doing might be wrong, not what everyone else is doing.

Kings folks tried to tell you over and over again what the actual Kings needs are and you keep ignoring every single word.
Is there actually a reason why you come here?

Stephen Hawking has a quote about smart people appearing crazy to dumb people...

I'm not calling anyone dumb, but I'm reminded of that quote whenever someone points out how critical others are of me and my proposals

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's just that... an opinion

Unfortunately, many seem to think their opinion is a fact, and therefore anyone who doesn't agree is wrong

I'm just sharing my perspective on things... take it, or leave it... it doesn't matter to me in the slightest

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Correct me if Im wrong, but no one on this site has any actual say in organizations decision making. This is an open hockey discussion board titled "Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk". It would be a pretty short discussion if it was limited to people with actual organizational control. I'm sure you must be the big cheese for whatever team you cheer for since I see you on here often and have a lot of opinions - unfortunately the rest of us are not so lucky.

Reactions: kinghock

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Stephen Hawking has a quote about smart people appearing crazy to dumb people...

I'm not calling anyone dumb, but I'm reminded of that quote whenever someone points out how critical others are of me and my proposals

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's just that... an opinion

Unfortunately, many seem to think their opinion is a fact, and therefore anyone who doesn't agree is wrong

I'm just sharing my perspective on things... take it, or leave it... it doesn't matter to me in the slightest
You however don't follow your own advice and respond by calling out a poster because they don't represent the opinions of the Kings organization???? Talking out of both sides of your mouth a little. If you didn't care in the slightest you wouldn't have made the post and you quite clearly did not take it or leave it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad