Value of: Turcotte to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
If the Kings are willing to move Turcotte for an immediate upgrade to their lineup, I think Arizona is the obvious trading partner with Chychrun heading to L.A....

Kings out: Turcotte, Kupari, Maatta
Kings in: Chychrun, Kessel (75% retained)

Coyotes out: Chychrun, Kessel (50% retained)
Coyotes in: Turcotte, Brannstrom, Maatta, T.B.'s 2022 2nd

Ottawa out: Brannstrom, Kessel (50% retained), T.B.'s 2022 2nd
Ottawa in: Kupari, (Kessel 50% retained)

Los Angeles get a top pairing LD signed for 4 years on a team-friendly contract, plus an offensive winger in Kessel at a fraction of his cap hit

Arizona add a highly touted C prospect, a young LD with some upside, plus a late 2022 2nd rd pick

Ottawa move on from Brannstrom to bring in a speedy RW who could provide them with a solid 3rd or 4th liner in the years to come

Arizona get hosed

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Arizona get hosed

That assumes Turcotte doesn't reach his potential...

And Arizona doesn't benefit from the additional cap space

Or draft anyone of value with the 2nd rd pick

And Brannstrom washes out as an NHLer

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Another possible landing spot for Turcotte could be Calgary with Tkachuk heading the other way...

To Los Angeles: Tkachuk (50% retained)

To Calgary: Turcotte, Maatta

Obviously the Kings would only do this if there was an extension in place, but I could see both teams being interested in a deal like this

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Another possible landing spot for Turcotte could be Calgary with Tkachuk heading the other way...

Obviously the Kings would only do this if there was an extension in place, but I could see both teams being interested in a deal like this
I would do this in a heartbeat which means highly doubt the flames will do this. It would be interesting to see chucky and Drew on the same team. Also not sure what the cap hit would look like. We need room to get a top ld .

Reactions: kinghock

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

That's very light for Tkachuk

Reactions: KingTech

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As an outsider, I think either Kakko for Turcotte or Kravtsov and Lunqkvist/Schneider for Turcotte makes some sense.

Regardless of the value of a Kakko for Turcotte deal, Rangers have less RW depth than Center depth. We cannot trade Kakko, unless we get someone back that’s going into the top six at RW.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kings are rebuilding so it doesn't make sense, but Toffoli scored more goals in the NHL last year than Turcotte all league/tournaments combine the last 2 years... Turcotte was drafted 5th overall but I doubt he lives up to it, still a good prospect tho. If a contending team wants a 30+ goal scorer on a great contract it's going to cost them more then a late 1st. IMO Turcotte would've to be on the table, but I'm not as high as others on him. Haven't watch all his games either (1st year in NCAA and all WJCs)

Would you trade Caufield if Toffoli is what you are getting back?

Reactions: go4hockey

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
As a Sabres fans having Kings and Rangers fans tell us their 8th and 9th best prospects are UNTOUCHABLE in a deal for a top 10 NHL center, watching these two fan bases argue about the value of each others prospects is priceless.

And your GM is about to be bullied into a corner and won’t get almost anything in return for a top 10 player in the league with a good contract.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
@bernmeister the player i have a mild interest in if available is Matthew Robertson he sorta fits what I am looking for He is stuck behind all ur other defensive prospect with little hope of moving up imo. I think he would be worth a role of the dice of a prospect in the Madden range of players. I know Madden is not the prospect in the realm of Turcotte or Vilardi but hes a solid prospect with 2 c upside is there a match there?

If you want Robertson, it’ll cost you Vilardi. We can add slightly to Robertson to even it out.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
We Kings fans don't care. We're not starting threads to shit on your players. It's always you guys starting threads wanting a Kings prospect, and not liking the price that we ask. Don't like it? Too bad, go annoy another fan base, we're happy with our players

You seem to have missed my point.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Would you trade Caufield if Toffoli is what you are getting back?
IMO Caufield and Turcotte aren't the same. Caufield show last playoffs he can contribute just as much as Toffoli right now, something Turcotte as yet to prove. Also, like mentioned in my previous post, it's only something I'd consider if my team was a real contender. I mentioned LA shouldn't consider it either. A team like Florida, if they had a prospect like Turcotte and one of their scorer goes down with a long term injury near trade deadline, should 100% consider a trade like that IMO.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I would do this in a heartbeat which means highly doubt the flames will do this. It would be interesting to see chucky and Drew on the same team. Also not sure what the cap hit would look like. We need room to get a top ld .

If Tkachuk isn't going to re-sign long term in Calgary, getting a prospect with Turcotte's upside is about as good as they can hope for, I would think...

The deal also gives the Flames additional cap space next summer which can be used on a free-agent... so maybe next year's lineup not only includes Turcotte, but someone like Domi, or Trochek, or Burakovsky as well

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMO Caufield and Turcotte aren't the same. Caufield show last playoffs he can contribute just as much as Toffoli right now, something Turcotte as yet to prove. Also, like mentioned in my previous post, it's only something I'd consider if my team was a real contender. I mentioned LA shouldn't consider it either. A team like Florida, if they had a prospect like Turcotte and one of their scorer goes down with a long term injury near trade deadline, should 100% consider a trade like that IMO.

Of course, as suspected. Your team’s player is off limits, but you have no problem trying to trade another team’s player. Caufield has 18 points in 37 games combining regular and post season. He also brings negative value at this point outside of scoring. It doesn’t seem unlikely that Turcotte could at least equal that.

Reactions: kinghock

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Of course, as suspected. Your team’s player is off limits, but you have no problem trying to trade another team’s player. Caufield has 18 points in 37 games combining regular and post season. He also brings negative value at this point outside of scoring. It doesn’t seem unlikely that Turcotte could at least equal that.
Can you even read dude.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Are the kings going to play Turcotte on wing? He failed to make the team, got sent down early in camp. I don't see Kopitar going anywhere soon. Danault is locked in. Vilardi and Kupari are already ahead of him. Turcotte isn't even the #1 center down in Ontario AND that is with Byfield out. Talented kid but it feels like the depth in LA is going to turn him into a 3rd line winger.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Are the kings going to play Turcotte on wing? He failed to make the team, got sent down early in camp. I don't see Kopitar going anywhere soon. Danault is locked in. Vilardi and Kupari are already ahead of him. Turcotte isn't even the #1 center down in Ontario AND that is with Byfield out. Talented kid but it feels like the depth in LA is going to turn him into a 3rd line winger.

If any, Danauld will be the 3rd/4th liner
Turcotte also didn't fail to make the team, he got injured in camp.
In my opinion we let the centers duke it our first at center position before we move someone to the wing.
I would prefer a trade for a real winger over that though

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
If you want Robertson, it’ll cost you Vilardi. We can add slightly to Robertson to even it out.

Robertson right now won't fetch Vilardi.
This might change when or if Robertson makes the big league.

We should stick with what the Kings really need.
If there is no way to find a deal for Lafrenier, Kakko, Kravtsov, there isn't much to talk about

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Robertson right now won't fetch Vilardi.
This might change when or if Robertson makes the big league.

We should stick with what the Kings really need.
If there is no way to find a deal for Lafrenier, Kakko, Kravtsov, there isn't much to talk about

Kravtsov and Robertson for Vilardi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad