Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Well, CharlesHahs fan wanted to get a reasonable discussion of what Trouba's value is but it seems like most Habs fans only want to hear what they want to hear.

However, no matter which way you want to think about it, Sergachev on his own won't even get Montreal in the door in trade talks for Trouba. Just accept it and move on.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Well, CharlesHahs fan wanted to get a reasonable discussion of what Trouba's value is but it seems like most Habs fans only want to hear what they want to hear.

However, no matter which way you want to think about it, Sergachev on his own won't even get Montreal in the door in trade talks for Trouba. Just accept it and move on.

Sergachev, as it stands right now, projects as a better player than Trouba. Same for other young guys with little/no current NHL experience from Werenski, to Hanifin, to Provorov, etc. Jets fans need to accept that and move on.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Sergachev, as it stands right now, projects as a better player than Trouba. Same for other young guys with little/no current NHL experience from Werenski, to Hanifin, to Provorov, etc. Jets fans need to accept that and move on.

Key word projects.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC

Honestly as a Habs fan, I said that Sergachev + 1st 2017 is good value for Trouba. Obviously, for organizational needs, it doesn't make sense as pretty much 10 pages shown so far...

So the idea was more to go around and see what else could be in the range of Trouba's value.

If I remember, Jets right now are in a situation where they need NHL ready talent, so I suppose Trouba for Lehkonen or McCarron doesn't make big sense. McCarron is probably NHL ready now, though.

Not like it make a lot of sense for us, but what about something around Petry + a middle 6 roster forward ?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Why is this even being debated?

Habs have no need for rhd?

Jets would never trade a 22 yr #2/3 Dman for a unproven prospect.

Both teams say no.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Sergachev will be lucky if he's ever as good as Trouba is right now at 22

He just has to be the 2nd or third best defenseman (don't want to enter a Trouba/Rielly debate, and I think H.Lindholm is better then both) of his draft class really. He was taken 2nd dman so odds are on his side.

broc

Dec 20, 2010

Lottery ticket vs established high end D being held back b/c of top end depth in Winnipeg.

Lots of highly touted 1st rounders fizzle out. So it doesn't matter what anyone "projects" to be. In troubas draft and draft +1 years, there will be tons of glowing projections too. And sergachevs will be basically comparable to them.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Sergachev will be lucky if he's ever as good as Trouba is right now at 22

Well he was much better during their draft season while playing in a much better league.
Trouba's draft season: 14 points in 32 games in the USDP
Sergachev's draft season: 57 points in 67 games in the OHL

I'd be pretty pissed of if he only achieved Troube's level but than again your right and the REST of the board is wrong.:shakehead

We will gladly keep Sergachev .:nod:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Well he was much better during their draft season while playing in a much better league.

I'd be pretty pissed of if he only achieved Troube's level but than again your right and the REST of the board is wrong.:shakehead

We will gladly keep Sergachev .:nod:

Well said, if segechev turns into Trouba ill be really disappointed. That will truly suck, esp after the year the habs just had.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

No he doesn't. In fact it's unlike he's ever going to be as good as Trouba is already.

Now looking at those stats please tell us which one projects to be better.
You do know what i mean by projects?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

Now looking at those stats please tell us which one projects to be better.
You do know what i mean by projects?

a lot of the usdp games are tournaments against the best players in the world. also colleges not 16 year olds. that's why no one that plays there has numbers like in the chl . because if they did they would go 1st oa.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
a lot of the usdp games are tournaments against the best players in the world. also colleges not 16 year olds. that's why no one that plays there has numbers like in the chl . because if they did they would go 1st oa.

under 18

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i dont get what is all the hype about trouba? i understand that hes smart and strong two-way dmen, he hasnt prove at all that he could be a top2 Dmen, hes production went down every year, i understand he doesnt play top minutes but hes no more than a top4 until he proves otherwise, you're only has good has your last season and to me trouva hasnt shown much more than beaulieu yet everyones bashes on him saying he has no value. i woulnt even be suprise if beaulieu ends up being the better two-way Dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad