Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I think everyone putting their name to a professional opinion projects Sergachev with significantly higher offensive upside.

Trouba himself has more offensive upside than Trouba if he's put into a perfect situation.

You are saying Sergachev projects to be more than a 25-30 pt dman, which is probably true. Although easier said than done...

If Trouba played with Enstrom 5v5 and played instead of Buff on the PP than he'd have more points. Maybe one day Sergachev is a 25 pt dman because there is a better option on his team for PP, and he is the best PK guy the team has. Won't make him worse of a player. It's about how he is utilized within the team.

There isn't anything Sergachev has done yet that warrants any more hype than Trouba had after his first year at Michigan and WJC performance.

Not a good trade for the Habs, I agree.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
your boy was under 18 last year wasn't he or is he a overager.

he played in the OHL - a bunch of 18, 19, 20 year olds. He was 17 and still won the OHL D of the year!!
And ofc Trouba played vs u18 - meaning none of his competition were older than 17 - and still struggled to post numbers.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Trouba himself has more offensive upside than Trouba if he's put into a perfect situation.

You are saying Sergachev projects to be more than a 25-30 pt dman, which is probably true. Although easier said than done...

If Trouba played with Enstrom 5v5 and played instead of Buff on the PP than he'd have more points. Maybe one day Sergachev is a 25 pt dman because there is a better option on his team for PP, and he is the best PK guy the team has. Won't make him worse of a player. It's about how he is utilized within the team.

There isn't anything Sergachev has done yet that warrants any more hype than Trouba had after his first year at Michigan and WJC performance.

Not a good trade for the Habs, I agree.

:laugh::laugh:
if if if if
Buff>>>>Trouba,
Sergechev OHL D of the year

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry but you are wrong.

I'm not wrong, you just haven't been paying attention. Trouba is anywhere from a middle of the pack #2 to an lower end #1 D right now. Getting that from a D drafted around where Sergachev was is a pretty big score, most of them don't make it.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'm not wrong, you just haven't been paying attention. Trouba is anywhere from a middle of the pack #2 to an lower end #1 D right now. Getting that from a D drafted around where Sergachev was is a pretty big score, most of them don't make it.

lol i can also say that. Petry is a top 2 Dman, he has ood advanced numbers. Beaulieu is a monster, he is a mid 2 and a lower end #1. U ask markov?? Hes an elite #1. Gilbert?? Oh right we dont have him anymore...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Cheveldayoff ever pulled off that deal, there'd a lynch party out at Portage and Main in Winterpeg....an 18-year old d-man who might be 2-3 years away from making it, and a future first rounder which would likely be in the bottom half of the first round...for a guy like Trouba who's at worst a No. 3 everyday d-man....those are the kind of deals a team makes when they're run up the white flag and are embracing a tear-down and rebuild. No way.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Nope. We wouldn't take a downgrade to go to Petry and a foward that would hold no value to us.

Pfft. Right now, Trouba is pretty much exactly a 22 year old Petry - smart two-way 2nd pairing defenseman who can play 20+ mins/night but is unlikely to give you much more than 30 points in a good year. You'd be lucky to get a young middle 6 forward thrown in.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
he played in the OHL - a bunch of 18, 19, 20 year olds. He was 17 and still won the OHL D of the year!!
And ofc Trouba played vs u18 - meaning none of his competition were older than 17 - and still struggled to post numbers.

by the way of coarse you fudged the numbers. he also scored 18 points in 22 games in usntdp before he finished year in usdp. A for effort though.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
btw both Markov and Petry have better advnaced stats.

Petry had a better Rel CF% last year, Markov didn't. Trouba's min were tougher that either, FAR tougher when you factor in QoT, which far and away has the biggest impact on possession numbers.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
by the way of coarse you fudged the numbers. he also scored 18 points in 22 games in usntdp before he finished year in usdp. A for effort though.

I dont see what that has to do with what I posted. lmao. Did Trouba only post 14 pts in 32 games playing vs 16, 17 year olds?? Yes. Did sergechev win the OHL D of the year as a 17 year old playing vs 17, 18, 19 and 20 year old players?? Yes. What's ur point hahahahahah B for Desperation.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Petry had a better Rel CF% last year, Markov didn't. Trouba's min were tougher that either, FAR tougher when you factor in QoT, which far and away has the biggest impact on possession numbers.

Markov had better possesion and shot suppression numbers. He also doubled the points Trouba posted. lol

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Pfft. Right now, Trouba is pretty much exactly a 22 year old Petry - smart two-way 2nd pairing defenseman who can play 20+ mins/night but is unlikely to give you much more than 30 points in a good year. You'd be lucky to get a young middle 6 forward thrown in.

Wrong. Trouba is at worst a quality #2D and most likely better than that. Depending on what metric you use he plays high end second pairing min or low end first pairing min while paired with one of the worst regularly played D in the NHL and still comes out on the postive side of his match-ups.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Wrong. Trouba is at worst a quality #2D and most likely better than that. Depending on what metric you use he plays high end second pairing min or low end first pairing min while paired with one of the worst regularly played D in the NHL and still comes out on the postive side of his match-ups.

keep telling urself that.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

Based on... ? Three year old hopes and dreams?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I dont see what that has to do with what I posted. lmao. Did Trouba only post 14 pts in 32 games playing vs 16, 17 year olds?? Yes. Did sergechev win the OHL D of the year as a 17 year old playing vs 17, 18, 19 and 20 year old players?? Yes. What's ur point hahahahahah B for Desperation.

other than the fact that you have segechev's whole year there and only half of trouba's then no you got it right. trouba also made world juniors as 17 year old while you're boy couldn't crack the team with the worst dmen in international hockey . but he did look good at the u18 down in grand forks a couple of months ago playing with 16 and 17 year olds.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
other than the fact that you have segechev's whole year there and only half of trouba's then no you got it right. trouba also made world juniors as 17 year old while you're boy couldn't crack the team with the worst dmen in international hockey . but he did look good at the u18 down in grand forks a couple of months ago playing with 16 and 17 year olds.

i smell too much desperation here:laugh:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
trouba also made world juniors as 17 year old while you're boy couldn't crack the team with the worst dmen in international hockey .

Uh... I'm relatively certain that Sergachev played on both the U17 and U18 teams in '14/15 as a 16 year old... hence why he still qualified for U18s last year.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Markov had better possesion and shot suppression numbers.

lol, I'm guessing you are not aware that lower is better for shot suppression numbers. Trouba's Rel CA/60 were better.

He also doubled the points Trouba posted. lol

Markov had one of his best P/60 years in his career last year, and it's not because he's getting better. Markov had a really high QoT last year.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Uh... I'm relatively certain that Sergachev played on both the U17 and U18 teams in '14/15 as a 16 year old... hence why he still qualified for U18s last year.

my point was he wasn't good enough to make u20 world junior team as 17 year old but trouba was.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
my point was he wasn't good enough to make u20 world junior team as 17 year old but trouba was.

I assure u the OHL D of the year is more than good enough to play in the Russian u20 WJC. But russia is russia, they have some *****ed up politics.

Randal61

Jan 12, 2014
i dont get what is all the hype about trouba? i understand that hes smart and strong two-way dmen, he hasnt prove at all that he could be a top2 Dmen, hes production went down every year, i understand he doesnt play top minutes but hes no more than a top4 until he proves otherwise, you're only has good has your last season and to me trouva hasnt shown much more than beaulieu yet everyones bashes on him saying he has no value. i woulnt even be suprise if beaulieu ends up being the better two-way Dman.

Uninformed. Do your homework.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad