Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

weber-trouba
markov-petry
beaulieu-emelin

Flame and Grill it....
I wouldn't consider trading Sergachev for Trouba. It would be cause for regret. I don't understand the infatuation with Trouba. If he were really great, he would have been traded for a lot of talent by now, but hasn't been. So far no GM has bitten. The asking price would have to be set far lower, such as Beaulieu + a 2nd.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I wouldn't consider trading Sergachev for Trouba. It would be cause for regret. I don't understand the infatuation with Trouba. If he were really great, he would have been traded for a lot of talent by now, but hasn't been. So far no GM has bitten. The asking price would have to be set far lower, such as Beaulieu + a 2nd.

There's been nothing indicating that the Jet's are even shopping Trouba, so I really don't see where you are going with this. If he were available, there would be a considerable amount of interest. The asking price would be much higher than Beaulieu and a 2nd.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
There's been nothing indicating that the Jet's are even shopping Trouba, so I really don't see where you are going with this. If he were available, there would be a considerable amount of interest. The asking price would be much higher than Beaulieu and a 2nd.

Nope. His price demands are a huge asking price and Bealieu will never be offered for Trouba.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Nope. His price demands are a huge asking price and Bealieu will never be offered for Trouba.

His contract ask has never been reported - due that Cheveldayoff and Overhardt reportedly have an agreement to not negotiate in the press, so am unsure of your point as such.

Regardless, the Jets wouldn't logically be interested in downgrading to Beaulieu anyway.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
His contract ask has never been reported - due that Cheveldayoff and Overhardt reportedly have an agreement to not negotiate in the press, so am unsure of your point as such.

Regardless, the Jets wouldn't logically be interested in downgrading to Beaulieu anyway.

Cool. That means Trouba will stay in Winnipeg. Win-win

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Lol at ppl trying to paint Troubas junior days as weak, and cherry picking one or two stats to do so. Then when someone posts something credible and fact, all you can say is "smells of desperation"? Get a life, homer.

Troubas draft + 1 year, when he was leaned on and given good minutes and role:
As a rookie in the NCAA... he was the offensive defenceman of the year, as an 18 year old. He was 1st team NCAA allstar.
Trouba was voted best defenceman in the World Juniors. He was the best player on that gold medal team. He made team USA's World Championship squad as well.

NCAA competition is much more difficult to score and get points than in the wide open OHL. NCAA routinely has players 19, 20, 21, 22.
OHL is mostly 17, 18, 19.. with a few overages 20's and also some 16 year olds.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Lol at ppl trying to paint Troubas junior days as weak, and cherry picking one or two stats to do so. Then when someone posts something credible and fact, all you can say is "smells of desperation"? Get a life, homer.

Troubas draft + 1 year, when he was leaned on and given good minutes and role:
As a rookie in the NCAA... he was the offensive defenceman of the year, as an 18 year old. He was 1st team NCAA allstar.
Trouba was voted best defenceman in the World Juniors. He was the best player on that gold medal team. He made team USA's World Championship squad as well.

NCAA competition is much more difficult to score and get points than in the wide open OHL. NCAA routinely has players 19, 20, 21, 22.
OHL is mostly 17, 18, 19.. with a few overages 20's and also some 16 year olds.

Good than sign him instead of trying to trade him.

Personally i'd rather keep Sergachev who i believe becomes better than Trouba at every facet of the game.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Based on the facts presentede.

What are your posts based? I think we can conclude it's not facts or watching hockey.

Hahaha, what "facts" were presented? None. Opinion, sure. Want some actual facts? He was 3rd among defensemen on his own team - the worst in his division - in both TOI/game and points. Whoever says he's a "#2 at worst, likely better" is forecasting the future, using no currently available facts at all, in fact.

Not saying that he isn't headed toward that, but he doesn't walk onto very many (any?) NHL teams next year as #2 or better, so he certainly ISN'T that in general terms right now. You'd have to sell him as that based on potential.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Hahaha, what "facts" were presented?

The ones in my previous posts.

HNone. Opinion, sure.

Are you sure you know the difference between fact and opinion?

Want some actual facts?

This should be interesting lol

the worst in his division

In the best division in hockey. In spite of the division they played in and having the youngest roster in the NHL the Jets finished 11th in 5v5 CF% and 16 in 5v5 GF%, both of whcih are better predictors of future success than "where you finished in the division last year"

in both TOI/game

He was second on the team in even strength ice time and first in penalty kill ice time. If the Jets were no so log jammed at RHD he'd be over 25 min a game easily as it is he was still one of 3 RHD playing over 22 min a game.

and points.

Yeah cause points are how to judge defensemen...

Whoever says he's a "#2 at worst, likely better" is forecasting the future, using no currently available facts at all, in fact.

Simply watched him play or using stats a little more sophisticated than "points" yields this conclusion.

It seems that points are the entire basis of your opinion, and TBH that really tells us a lot more about you than it does Trouba.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The ones in my previous posts.

Are you sure you know the difference between fact and opinion?

This should be interesting lol

In the best division in hockey. In spite of the division they played in and having the youngest roster in the NHL the Jets finished 11th in 5v5 CF% and 16 in 5v5 GF%, both of whcih are better predictors of future success than "where you finished in the division last year"

He was second on the team in even strength ice time and first in penalty kill ice time. If the Jets were no so log jammed at RHD he'd be over 25 min a game easily as it is he was still one of 3 RHD playing over 22 min a game.

Yeah cause points are how to judge defensemen...

Simply watched him play or using stats a little more sophisticated than "points" yields this conclusion.

It seems that points are the entire basis of your opinion, and TBH that really tells us a lot more about you than it does Trouba.

advanced stats nor points make him a top2 D. Ive seen him play. Does he have the potential of being a top 2 D?? He can skate awfully well for a man his size, he's got some serious skill with the puck, he defends well and he has top pairing potential. The problem tho is he is too inconsistent, by that I mean on too few nights he makes himself look like a top pairing D. The other nights he just does things good but doesnt do anything great. Thats what happens 60% of his games. His drop in production doesnt help nor does his advanced stats, He could be a top pairing on a team like the Jets but lets be realistic, hes not on any playoff contending team until he plays to his potential every single game asides his bad games.

Thats why signing him to a long term contract is not worth it. Younger and still unproven players usually sign bridge, show-me, contracts. 6M$ is too much and no GMs will give him that type of money. 8M/2yrs sounds fair for both parties.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
On second thought you guys are probably right, Sergachev and Patrick is horrendous for MTL.

So you'd be fine giving up Rielly for that package? cause that's how Jets fans value Trouba and that's how good he's performed in the NHL to this point in his career.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

weber-trouba
markov-petry
beaulieu-emelin

Flame and Grill it....
1. Thats a slight overpayment even though I doubt the Habs are as bad next year so that 1st will be late. 2. Its rumoured that Trouba is annoyed being the #3 RHD now and I'm not sure if he would be ahead of Petry on the Habs backend(definitely not ahead of Weber)

Jul 10, 2003
KW
So you'd be fine giving up Rielly for that package? cause that's how Jets fans value Trouba and that's how good he's performed in the NHL to this point in his career.

As I originally stated, if WPG can't get Trouba signed, this would be a good return for them. If Trouba were signed to a 5 year 25m contract (like Rielly), that changes things quite a bit, don't ya think?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
As I originally stated, if WPG can't get Trouba signed, this would be a good return for them. If Trouba were signed to a 5 year 25m contract (like Rielly), that changes things quite a bit, don't ya think?

Fair statement overall. While this would be on the fictional list of possible options, it's not ideal or near the top of the list. There likely would be much better options presented if we were ever considering trading him. As Friedman stated the likely return would be very big when considering the entire NHL.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Fair statement overall. While this would be on the fictional list of possible options, it's not ideal or near the top of the list. There likely would be much better options presented if we were ever considering trading him. As Friedman stated the likely return would be very big when considering the entire NHL.

I don't know about that, and I'm not under-rating Trouba (who I'd love to have on Toronto), but I question the return of an un-signed player who is possibly demanding too much money. Teams trading for him would have better insight into his contract demands, which will impact his trade value, to some degree at least. Not saying WPG will give him up for peanuts either...I hope he stays in WPG, I don't like seeing young players moved around over contract squabbles.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I think everyone putting their name to a professional opinion projects Sergachev with significantly higher offensive upside.

Who holds this "professional opinion" ???

I would think that most evaluators would think that Sergachyov holds similar overall upside to Trouba.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don't know about that, and I'm not under-rating Trouba (who I'd love to have on Toronto), but I question the return of an un-signed player who is possibly demanding too much money. Teams trading for him would have better insight into his contract demands, which will impact his trade value, to some degree at least. Not saying WPG will give him up for peanuts either...I hope he stays in WPG, I don't like seeing young players moved around over contract squabbles.

I hear what your saying but what's too much? There is no confirmed source that he's asking for too much, only thing feeding this thought is wide speculation to-date. Trouba situation is a very interesting one, does he get paid for wh he's capable of or what's he's done (which the team is largely to blame for poor usage to-date)? Pretty easy to assume the two sides arguing over that, but that doesn't mean he is asking too much.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I hear what your saying but what's too much? There is no confirmed source that he's asking for too much, only thing feeding this thought is wide speculation to-date. Trouba situation is a very interesting one, does he get paid for wh he's capable of or what's he's done (which the team is largely to blame for poor usage to-date)? Pretty easy to assume the two sides arguing over that, but that doesn't mean he is asking too much.

Well if WPG can't get him signed, that probably indicates he's asking too much. If you're looking for a $ figure, you can look at contracts signed by Rielly and Jones, as being in the same range that Trouba should be in. Lindholm may get signed soon and that will be another comparable. I don't think there is much of an argument to be made for him to get more than those players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad