Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
We'll accept that as a tacit admission that you were 100% incorrect on the previous page.

Well that's all on you interpret his agent's quote.

He says he isn't looking for 56 mil over 8 yrs.
Doesn't say he isn't looking for 49 over 7 yrs,42 over 6 yrs 35 over 5 yrs etc..
Agents can be deceiving.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Well that's all on you interpret his agent's quote.

He says he isn't looking for 56 mil over 8 yrs.
Doesn't say he isn't looking for 49 over 7 yrs,42 over 6 yrs 35 over 5 yrs etc..
Agents can be deceiving.

You earlier claimed he was asking for a specific amount. Now that you have been proven 100% wrong, you've chosen to move the goalposts and now claim he wasn't asking for a specific amount.

Thanks for the clarification. [/sarcasm]

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
You earlier claimed he was asking for a specific amount. Now that you have been proven 100% wrong, you've chosen to move the goalposts and now claim he wasn't asking for a specific amount.

Thanks for the clarification. [/sarcasm]

I also said before that i wasn't interested in a 7/8 mil dollar a season player.;)
Post 191.Sorry but no goal post moved.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
whens the last time an agent didnt reject rumors or leaked info??
I can think of Lucic's agent on the leaked info he alrdy signed with the oilers. He rejected that and the next day, Lucic is an oiler.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I can think of Lucic's agent on the leaked info he alrdy signed with the oilers. He rejected that and the next day, Lucic is an oiler.

of coarse he denied it because it couldn't possibly be true. because it wasn't july 1st yet.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

On the previous page you claimed that the since-debunked salary ask was accurate. I would posit that you are simply attempting to skirt that you were wrong, just like several others in this thread.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Not interested in trading for a D that's looking for 7-8 mil a season.:laugh:

Seems like you were fairly specific from here:

Try moving the goalposts some more.

Seems like i was quoting 7/8 mil a season long before those goalposts you claim.

Again what ever goalpost you want to use , Habs keeping Sergachev+1st over Trouba is definitely the right move and that's the only thing important in this thread.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Seems like i was quoting 7/8 mil a season long before those goalposts you claim.

You claimed he was was asking for a specific 8 years/ $56 million amount, per Sportsnet.

When it was pointed out to you that his agent stated that was incorrect, you then essentially followed with the claim that he wasn't asking for a specific amount.

LOL

Have a nice evening.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
You claimed he was was asking for a specific 8 years/ $56 million amount, per Sportsnet.

When it was pointed out to you that his agent stated that was incorrect, you then essentially followed with the claim that he wasn't asking for a specific amount.

LOL

Have a nice evening.

You should learn how to follow post count.
I first [you know FIRST] claimed i wouldn't trade for a 7/8 mil player.;)
Now if he gets that/or close to it time will tell.
Later.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
On the previous page you claimed that the since-debunked salary ask was accurate. I would posit that you are simply attempting to skirt that you were wrong, just like several others in this thread.

Seriously, do you HAVE to pick a fight with every one ? Especially on meaningless details of claims that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread in itself.

However it is, Trouba will be asking a lot of money. Who cares about numbers at this point ? As jacks pointed out, Sergachev is right now cost controlled, Trouba is in negotiations. Would rather keep Sergachev than having to try and get a bridge contract (because Bergevin would most likely want to do that) or having to give him the big bucks, while we have a new entry contract for the next 3 years that is protected from expansion too.

It's also extremely ironic to see an opinion that Sergachev would "never" be better than Trouba was in his next 4 years when Trouba himself made the NHL jump as early a 19 years old. If Trouba could produce well between the age of 19 to 22 and "dominate" the juniors, why wouldn't Sergachev be able to do the same thing when he already did dominate his first junior year ? Trouba dominated, but Sergachev won't ? Claiming that is more of a homer opinion at this point than a fact. Time will tell how well Sergachev does.

Then again, whatever is the case about his next salary or who's going to be better than who, neither Jets or Canadiens are in an absolute need to trade for the OP. Habs needs are on LD, Trouba is RD. Jets are in win now and have other D prospects.

We should just move on and stop the bickering over small stuff.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
It's also extremely ironic to see an opinion that Sergachev would "never" be better than Trouba was in his next 4 years when Trouba himself made the NHL jump as early a 19 years old. If Trouba could produce well between the age of 19 to 22 and "dominate" the juniors, why wouldn't Sergachev be able to do the same thing when he already did dominate his first junior year ? Trouba dominated, but Sergachev won't ? Claiming that is more of a homer opinion at this point than a fact. Time will tell how well Sergachev does.

You accuse me of bickering with everyone when all I did was point out some untruths that were claimed as fact, and then shot them down.

You then followed by stating the above in the same post, despite that I've said exactly none of that. Bizarre. Maybe you should stick to the Habs board where you can preach to the choir? People are allowed to have opinions that differ from your own, and to back them with facts.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
You accuse me of bickering with everyone when all I did was point out some untruths that were claimed as fact, and then shot them down.

You then followed by stating the above in the same post, despite that I've said exactly none of that. Bizarre. Maybe you should stick to the Habs board where you can preach to the choir? People are allowed to have opinions that differ from your own, and to back them with facts.

See ? There you go again. How's that not bickering ?

The comment about Sergachev vs Trouba is more oriented to JetsHomer. "An" is a wide word, or I would have said "you". You didn't say any of this, don't act like it's all about you.

A mod should just close this thread, it's really becoming pointless to be arguing over opinions of claims. Especially when it ends up with useless comments like "you should stick to [team]'s board".

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
See ? There you go again. How's that not bickering ?

The comment about Sergachev vs Trouba is more oriented to JetsHomer. "An" is a wide word, or I would have said "you". You didn't say any of this, don't act like it's all about you.

A mod should just close this thread, it's really becoming pointless to be arguing over opinions of claims.

Don't address a post to me and then lump your response to someone else into it, and I won't take an issue with it. I don't care if you don't like being disagreed with, frankly. Post on the Habs board if you are looking for people with similar opinions to your own.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Anyone else has anything to say to get the debate going instead of those unsignificant comments ? This thread seems to be running out of its course.

Let's try with the premise the Jets were actually trying to trade Trouba since they were, hypothetically, unable to reach an agreement for a new contract. Taken that most other teams wouldn't really trade their producing young defenseman for another, like Ristolainen for Trouba, for example. What kind of other trade would the Jets have in mind that would make some sense ?

The Canadiens probably have pieces that are too valuable with most of them not having enough value, but let's say it was something around a 1st, Lehkonen/McCarron, Mete and a cap dump (cap reasons) ?

Jets fans have already said they are not looking for a quantity for quality trade, but if Trouba wanted out, what are you looking at for possible trades ?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Don't address a post to me and then lump your response to someone else into it, and I won't take an issue with it. I don't care if you don't like being disagreed with, frankly. Post on the Habs board if you are looking for people with similar opinions to your own.

Quit acting like a baby. Nobody is trying to force everyone to agree with them, you haven't even presented an opinion on this topic for the past few pages. You're not even talking about hockey anymore, whether or not someone misquoted Sportsnet should NOT be your #1 concern in life. You've been here 10+ years and you still bicker like a 3 year old? How can you not understand that "LOL UR WRONG" isn't conducive to anything.

BTW, discussing Trouba's contract claims isn't even an opinionated matter. It's purely speculative, so crying about who said what won't change anything.

An opinion is saying that Sergachev + 1st for Trouba is an atrocious deal for Montreal (which is basically fact but I'll let that slide ;))

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Anyone else has anything to say to get the debate going instead of those unsignificant comments ? This thread seems to be running out of its course.

Let's try with the premise the Jets were actually trying to trade Trouba since they were, hypothetically, unable to reach an agreement for a new contract. Taken that most other teams wouldn't really trade their producing young defenseman for another, like Ristolainen for Trouba, for example. What kind of other trade would the Jets have in mind that would make some sense ?

The Canadiens probably have pieces that are too valuable with most of them not having enough value, but let's say it was something around a 1st, Lehkonen/McCarron, Mete and a cap dump (cap reasons) ?

Jets fans have already said they are not looking for a quantity for quality trade, but if Trouba wanted out, what are you looking at for possible trades ?

Thats too much of an overpayement.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
it's just a dumb trade for the habs to make. Sergachev is young, cheap for the next few years and similar to Trouba in terms of raw talent. With Weber, Petry and Markov (soon off the books) we NEED young and cheap...

My 2 cents

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Winnipeg's management is smart. They're going to wait this out and if he doesn't come down on his term soon, they do what Montreal did with Subban. Difference being, when and if it comes to a big payday after a bridge contract, the worst case scenario is they end up paying him the ridiculous amount of money he wants now. I don't see Trouba winning a Norris or becoming a top 5 damn during a bridge like Subban did during his.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Thats too much of an overpayement.

Yeah I know it's overpayment but then I was wondering how would Jets fans think about it. They probably view it otherwise, while we're going to say it's bad for us...

Really just trying to get some conversation going around Trouba's value instead of the constant bickering that has been happening for the last 3 pages, you know :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad