Value of: Trouba likely to ask for the moon on a new deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Remember that Trouba's next contract would only be buying up 2RFA years, which when coupled with him coming off of the discounted bridge years, would entitle him to a significant recompense for his UFA services. I have no problems opening up the bank account for someone of Trouba's calibre, as he's proven that he worth the money.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Lol, Oilers make the playoffs once and all of a sudden there fans think the players are worth twice there weight in gold apparently.

Klefbom better than Trouba? RNH+Poolparty an overpayment for Trouba? That's laughably awful.

Jets would never move Trouba for RNH + Poolparty.

Laine + Trouba for Klefbom

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If Trouba has another excellent + consistent year then the Jets definitely Subbanned themselves. Not the end of the world as Trouba still had some question marks with on ice play and off ice rumours.

That said, Jets lucked out with Scheifele contract so paying their young prototype two way D to an appropriate contract is a must. If you are going to draft and develop you have to pay your excellent young players.

If Trouba wants out that's a completely different game of cards. The market for him will be bigger than last year now that he's more of a known commodity. All you could do is get what you can for him and move on. I sure hope not :(

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
I would never trade poolparty unless it was something epic. Edmonton fans are sitting on a treasure there.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Trouba got his minutes to anchor the Jets defence and **** the bed all season long. This guy is brutally overrated.

Klefbom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Trouba

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Pretty sure there would be some teams out there offering Trouba, Between $7.5 million and $8 million per i think Trouba gets at least Ryan Suter money and that's slightly over $7.5 million per.
Suter signed a 13 year contract 5 years ago. I don't see how he compares at all to Trouba, whom is a different breed of defender and younger. Don't think the Oilers can afford Trouba and honestly it's unnecessary with Larsson being a more than adequate #2. Trading Puljujarvi would be a mistake before know 100% what he is. I'm very indifferent on RNH. Big cap hit, soft, can defend decently, has a scoring touch, and sub par faceoffs. Would absolutely not trade Klefbom. Untouchable.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Puljujarvi + Nurse/Nuge is way too much to give.

Let alone Klefbom, Klefbom is superior to Trouba on his own.

I think Trouba's deal was made with the understanding he is traded this summer. For some reason though, I doubt he ends up in Edmonton or Toronto. 2 teams that could really use him.

I'm going to go a bit off the board, and say he ends up in Arizona

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Suter signed a 13 year contract 5 years ago. I don't see how he compares at all to Trouba, whom is a different breed of defender and younger. Don't think the Oilers can afford Trouba and honestly it's unnecessary with Larsson being a more than adequate #2. Trading Puljujarvi would be a mistake before know 100% what he is. I'm very indifferent on RNH. Big cap hit, soft, can defend decently, has a scoring touch, and sub par faceoffs. Would absolutely not trade Klefbom. Untouchable.

100% agree

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The difference between the two isn't RNH and Puljujarvi but Klefbom is absolutely not a better player than Trouba.

He absolutely is. Same age, better offense, better goal scoring, better positional and defensive play, and all of that on what will end up being a longer contract and lower term than what Trouba will get.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

I absolutely agree with what you're saying.

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Nothing like a mid-August pot stirring article to get everybody all riled up. We have the cap space to give him the moon, even if that means trading Myers or Perreault for less than market value.

Pool party and RNH is a joke of an offer, no top 4 D to replace Trouba.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Puljujarvi + Nurse/Nuge is way too much to give.

Let alone Klefbom, Klefbom is superior to Trouba on his own.

I think Trouba's deal was made with the understanding he is traded this summer. For some reason though, I doubt he ends up in Edmonton or Toronto. 2 teams that could really use him.

I'm going to go a bit off the board, and say he ends up in Arizona

Possible Trouba could be dealt too the Yotes, But i seriously doubt he commits long term too them. Still think he will end up somewhere in the east eventually as a potential UFA if he doesn't resign back with Winnipeg long term.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Defensive game/defense, special teams, among leaders in pk time and can't kill penalties and garbage goaltending.

Let's say Chevy makes the RNH+Pulju for Trouba trade, Trouba is the Jets best D-man and now they have a massive issue on the blueline.
How will they make that better?

Neither RNH or Pulju have value to bring back Trouba level D-man on a different trade, Little who RNH would try to replace doesn't have even close to Trouba value.
Neither Laine or Scheifele are going anywhere, I highly doubt Ehlers is on the move.

If they trade Trouba they have to be certain they can get similar level D-man back, in a straight up trade or an asset that can bring that back in another trade. But then there's again the question who wants to trade a u25 #1D-man unless he's screaming out?

They can't spent all their cap on F either, Laine has 2 more years left on his ELC, that's when it's going to get expensive in Winnipeg. They need to be carefull with their cap. Enstrom has 1 year left and Myers 2, neither are anywhere close to Trouba and cap needs to be spent on defense.

I get what your saying 88 but if losing Trouba creates a "massive issue" on the blueline and ya still have Buff,Enstrom, Myers,Kulikov,Morrissey,Chiarot with Stanley waiting in the wings then maybe it's better to just keep Trouba and give him all the minutes and money he wants...start trading all those other bums.

Do you think Chevy made a mistake demanding another Dman back of Trouba's caliber/age but a LD?

I think he did and it's probably why Trouba hasn't been dealt yet...why would a team trade a good young Dman of Trouba's caliber in the first place...would it be because their sooooo loaded on good LD and are desperate for a RD to balance their back end out? Who? I can't think of any teams that would pull that trade off.

I think Chevy should switch it up and get a forward or a package of forwards for Trouba. Teams trade from strength to improve their week spots...just look @ the Edmonton- NJD trade. I also think Chevy would probably win that trade as a player like Trouba who is also a RD has great value on the market.

I don't think losing Trouba would put that big of a dent in Winnipegs D core. I think Chevy should tinker with his top 9 and bring in the defensive forwards to support that D core and goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad