Value of: Trouba likely to ask for the moon on a new deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
1. He's a year older.

38 points in 82 games, 16 PPP

33 points in 60 games, 4 PPP

He had 4 more goals in 22 more games played.

3. I agree he's better than Trouba defensively, while Trouba is better offensively.

Contract has nothing to do with who's a better player.

1. That's my bad, I thought he was still 23. But in my defense, he only turned 24 a few weeks ago well after the season was over.

2. Even if we extrapolated, Trouba's 60 games out into a full season in a 82 game season, he still would have fewer goals than Klefbom did (and thats leaving out the very nice postseason Klefbom had with 2 clutch goals). As for assists/ overall points, I will concede Trouba had a nicer offensive season than I recalled, but I'd also like to point out that this was a career year for Trouba (also in a contract year) and could easily regress or progress. While the same could be said for Klefbom, he struggled more with staying healthy, and then once that finally happened, he showed his true potential, which in my book is more hopeful (but concerning at the same time) for a team, than a guy stagnating for a couple years, and then having a good season. Not extremely relevant, but Klefbom only has 189 games player, where as Trouba has 271. The saying is that for young defensemen in the NHL need 300 games in the NHL before what you know what you have in them. Right now for Trouba thats a strong #2 bordering on #1 who is top pair on any team minus Nashville, but I would want to see another year of this high play before I deem him a #1D. The same goes for Klefbom, high end #2 or low end of #1, but he could have another 2 full seasons before he passes the 300 NHL games mark, which Trouba will pass with this next year.

3. We agree on the defensive side of the puck.

4. I know it doesn't affect the players themselves, but it is accounted into their value. And I am very confident Trouba will sign a more expensive contract (no matter where he goes). Thus even if they are even players (I think Klefbom is slightly superior, but it is close, and I can understand why some would choose Trouba in a vacuum), I think the contracts and that fact Klefbom's attitude hasn't been called into question at all is the reason EDM would never consider a Klefbom-Trouba swap, let alone adding like some of your fellow fans have said haha.

Anyways, best of luck with the situation, it would be huge for Peg if Trouba was willing to sign long term with them.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
What trade would you prefer?

Trouba for Poolparty + RNH

Trouba for Tanev + Vancouver's 1st in 2018

Trouba for Hanifin

Trouba for Ekblad

Trouba for 1 of a Eichel /Draisaitl

Trouba for Kesler + Rakell

Edit: or none at all and keep Trouba and give him 8 mill per x 8 years. Chevy has done his homework and these are the best deals the league could offer.

Just a hypothetical fun question. Both parties have agreed to the trade.

:popcorn:

Can we add Nylander to the list?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Can we add Nylander to the list?

Yes we can.

Nylander+ (Plus is depending how he handles C duties in 2nd year)

Marner no interest b/c he's a winger.

Kadri, I don't think the leafs have a plus big enough (without hurting current D core) to make this work realistically.

Gardiner - Age & contract status don't make him attractive. Leafs need to add to current core, not subtract anyways.

Rielly - Rough last year due to multi reasons, would need to see him have a very big year before considering him, but again doesn't make sense for Leafs b/c they need to add to current D core, not subtract.

JVR - Absoltuely makes no sense for the Jets, love or hate him, he's another winger we don't need and huge negative is his contract status. JVR would be more of a throw in then a main piece.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What trade would you prefer?

Trouba for Poolparty + RNH

Trouba for Tanev + Vancouver's 1st in 2018

Trouba for Hanifin

Trouba for Ekblad

Trouba for 1 of a Eichel /Draisaitl

Trouba for Kesler + Rakell

Edit: or none at all and keep Trouba and give him 8 mill per x 8 years. Chevy has done his homework and these are the best deals the league could offer.

Just a hypothetical fun question. Both parties have agreed to the trade.

:popcorn:

Your valuations are absolutely all over the map here. :laugh:

Eichel
Drai

Kesler+Rakell / Ekblad

Tanev + presumably top 3 pick

RNH+Poolparty

Hanifin

Most of those are monumental overpays.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I visit HF Boards once in a while just to see how ridiculous some things here are.

I absolutely don't understand how and why is Trouba being so ABSURDLY overrated here. In last year's World Cup, he was good for 3rd pair in that North American team. According to what I read here, I would swear we are talking about Pietrangelo at least, or a Hedman.

Also, Puljujarvi is a great talent and gets incredibly underrated here, but that's not surprising to me coming from people who's memory is limited to past 12 months.

You only need to watch him play more then 2-3 times per year, look at his stats and analytics then you'll understand why 31 teams would love this guy on their team.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
This reporter and I share different views on the definition of "eye popping bargain"

It's cheap as he'll for a #1D. In fact show me a dman not on an ELC on a better value contract. I won't hold my breath.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
It's cheap as he'll for a #1D. In fact show me a dman not on an ELC on a better value contract. I won't hold my breath.

Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Duncan Keith, OEL, Colton Parayko, Hampus Lindholm, Torey Krug, Justin Faulk, Chris Tanev, John Klingberg...

How much time do you have? Those deals are all better value.

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills
Not force him into an unwanted bridge deal earlier.

It was that or trade him.Where did this idea that he asked for a big money,long term contract come From? That was never the ask from his camp.It was trade me or I sit.The Jets out waited him and he settled for the contract he has after sitting out a few games.He has increased his trade value since so the Jets played it right.He is also getting the role on the team he said he wanted so you never know he may resign.There was never any question of the Jets stepping up to the plate with a big contract.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Trouba is a player that is somewhat harmed by no Olympic participation. It would have been a good chance for a lot of people to see just how good he has gotten. There is no way Trouba is left at home, him and Seth Jones would have been seen as great D-man because I think both suffer from playing in underappreciated markets on the national media coverage front.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Not force him into an unwanted bridge deal earlier.

At the end of the season trouba requested a trade. It was rumored the jets offered or were willing to offer 5.5x6 and troubas camp is on record saying they wouldn't even look at any offer from the jets because all they were working on was getting him traded to another team.

Trouba decided he waited long enough and signed the contract he is currently on.

I have never heard once or have any reason to believe the jets wanted the 2 year bridge contract.

Last edited:

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Your valuations are absolutely all over the map here. :laugh:

Eichel
Drai

Kesler+Rakell / Ekblad

Tanev + presumably top 3 pick

RNH+Poolparty

Hanifin

Most of those are monumental overpays.

Ya really. One has Eichel and another has Kesler+Rackell. Those two things are faaaaaaar apart in value. Also Eichel is one of the most valuable assets in the entire league; Trouba does not fetch him without a huge add, and this is coming from a massive Trouba fan.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ya really. One has Eichel and another has Kesler+Rackell. Those two things are faaaaaaar apart in value. Also Eichel is one of the most valuable assets in the entire league; Trouba does not fetch him without a huge add, and this is coming from a massive Trouba fan.

One has Jack Eichel, the other has Noah Hanifin. No disrespect for Hanifin, but value wise the two aren't even in the same hemisphere.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Don't see Edmonton making a trade for him considering he has said he would rather play in the states.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad