Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayJay*

guys, while wild. rampant speculation and nonsense is annoying, we are allowed to try and speculate a bit....this isnt a court room where only factual text is allowed

You've obviously never been in a courtroom. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Staple doing a great job covering this. One quote from Travis. One from JT.

What do you want him to say? There's nothing to report. It's like the California wildfire, uh we're throwing water at it but nothing's happening.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
guys, while wild. rampant speculation and nonsense is annoying, we are allowed to try and speculate a bit....this isnt a court room where only factual text is allowed

anigif_enhanced-851-1402345698-12.gif

JPIsles21

Jul 9, 2006
So I'm the only one who thinks Regina's own Jordan Eberle would be a great addition to our team?

He's a nice player who never misses a game and scores points. Certainly a lower value than Hamonic, but unrelated he is a nice player we could use. At least I think so.

Fans here are overrating Hamonic quite a bit. He is a 2nd pair dman on a Stanley Cup team. He's not a top pairing dman. Eberle is a legitimate top line player. He isn't perfect, but extremely productive on a bad team for years now. Sentiment aside, the best thing about Hamonic is his production to value ratio. He is very underpaid given the type of dman he is. In the cap world this makes him very valuable.

With that said. An Eberle/Fayne deal is actually more than fair in terms of hockey value. In fact, that's a fantastic hockey deal for the Isles as Eberle is a top line forward, and Fayne is a damn good defensive dman. However, Fayne makes 3.6 million over the next 3 years and Eberle makes 6.0 million for the next 4 years. Hamonic makes 3.9 million for the next 5 seasons. Such a trade would mean KO is most definitely gone. But a trade such as this will actually benefit us for this season.

I truly hope he changes his mind, because his contract provides us enormous value that will allow us to shore up other needs. The biggest loss would not be so much the player (although he is quite good), but the value he provides against the cap.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I don't mean that he doesn't love playing. The situation may or may not be affecting his performance, I wouldn't know.

This has to be a long term issue. If he needed time off, the Islanders would give him time off. His family matter is far more important to him than hockey, and the sacrifices that a professional athlete has to make could become too much for him. If he is not traded to Winnipeg, I would not be surprised if he decides he doesn't have time to be a pro hockey player a few years from now.

Who knows, and his family should be much more important than playing hockey (I think 99% of people would echo that). I think there is a long term illness here, he wants to be home to enjoy whatever time he has with whomever is sick similar to Zack/JP Parise and still play the game he loves. Certainly respect your opinion, but that thought never crossed my mind.

As an Islander fan, I want the franchise to get fair value but Hammer seems like a total class act as a man, I really want what is best for him personally.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
I can't believe you are all missing the Bailey connection.

I feel almost embarrassed in having to point it out to all of you.

wGCCqW5q10sYFMKeB9jHZbdRRpNkhnnZZn6Lk8CEW3KJH_JirsKmCtrltXVAoKjE_2E=w300

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
I guess we'll never be a good hockey team. Jt hates barclays. Hamer is out. Strome gone. Pulock ahl. Okie out. Frans out. Ho sang forgot to wake up. Bailey sucks.
Brian strait our #1 dman:cry: Capps our coach till he dies.

Hahahah well-said!!

Hammer has been with the organization since day one. It really seems like there is no better guy on and off the ice than him. Obviously, this has to be a horrific issue but he clearly hasn't changed his game since the start of the season. I don't get people who think he's going to slack off just because he wants a move. The Isles have treated him perfectly since day one and he'll pay that respect by playing hard for his team.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Guys, say what you want about this fanbase or this board but man, there's a lot of funny mofos here.

Hilarious!

Spybot

May 12, 2014
I don't get people who think he's going to slack off just because he wants a move.

It would not only contradict his reputation, but he must realize that playing lights out gets him moved much sooner and easier. It's done. Hamonic's just about gone. Debates about his character and whether to boo him or not are at most secondary. Have to think about the hole in the roster first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad