Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Can't listen now. Can someone summarize the main points?

- Dreger would like to know more from the Islanders POV
- The leak didn't come from the Hamonic camp
- The leak likely came from someone "unhappy"
- As far as he knew Vancouver wasn't involved

BroadwayJay*

They said not jacob trouba

Although I'd do Eberle and Edmonton's 1st in '16 in a hot second.

BroadwayJay*

No mention of the Bailey factor?

Not yet, which indicates that these guys probably aren't the insiders that we are.

Can they not read between the lines? NOT ONE MENTION OF THE SCOREBOARD EITHER

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Not yet, which indicates that these guys probably aren't the insiders that we are.

Can they not read between the lines? NOT ONE MENTION OF THE SCOREBOARD EITHER

I'm shocked that there hasn't been more talk of the scoreboard. Hamonic is a defenseman and the islanders defensive zone is furthest away from the score board twice a game. Looking that much further away to see the scoreboard has to put a strain on your eyes. Hamonic has to think about the future. When he retires, I'm sure whatever job he gets, he's gonna need eyes.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I'm shocked that there hasn't been more talk of the scoreboard. Hamonic is a defenseman and the islanders defensive zone is furthest away from the score board twice a game. Looking that much further away to see the scoreboard has to put a strain on your eyes. Hamonic has to think about the future. When he retires, I'm sure whatever job he gets, he's gonna need eyes.

Definitely going to hurt when shooting for the 5 hole or whatever hole for that matter.

BroadwayJay*

Same here, someone needs to get the word out.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=788701

SYOSSET, N.Y. -- It seemed like a routine practice day for New York Islanders defenseman Travis Hamonic on Thursday. He was smiling and joking with his teammates, the same way he always does.

The difference, though, was this was about an hour after he addressed the news with them reported Wednesday by Sportsnet that he requested a trade to Islanders general manager Garth Snow prior to the start of the season. Hamonic wants to be traded somewhere closer to his Winnipeg home for personal reasons.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Can't listen now. Can someone summarize the main points?

Hamonic is viewed as a top pair#2 defensman.
Teams should be lining up for him
His contract is great
Shultz wouldn't land Hammer. Would have to be atleast Nurse of Klefbom
Trouba is pretty much viewed as untouchable.
It's a unique situation. Isles and snow are Fort Knox as usually
Get the feeling that Hamonic and his camp DID NOT leak the trade request
Everyone knows that WPG is the prefered destination so puts a bit of pressure on Cheveldayoff.
They compared it to the MSL situation with TB and NYR. Yzerman was able to make out like a bandit even though the NYR was the only team Marty would go to.
As of yesterday Vancouver has not spoken to snow about Hamonic.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
Really sucks, especially since Snow can only really negotiate with a few teams. If it comes down to taking a massive downgrade for the sake of getting an NHL player that will contribute this season, I rather Snow just get another 1st or good prospect and then try to flip those to any other team. At least in that situation he wouldn't be negotiating from a position of weakness and could talk to any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad