Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
1719531320895.jpeg

Reactions: Kipper 17

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I wonder if Nill would go after someone like Kulikov ot Marteniz to fill Suter's spot.

I saw TJ Brodie is a UFA, I know he had a few good years with Toronto, but I'm not sure how was last year.

Getting excited for this weekend!

too374

Jun 5, 2024
I think we are underestimating the price of low end ufa's there wont be as many players settling for minimum contracts when the cap is exploding like it is. Agents will be pushing for that extra 200 300k.

I'm not a huge Hakanpaa fan but really is light and day between him and someone like Puliot or Petrovic. It really show the difference between a guy earning league minimum vs a guy making 1.5. At a certain point you have look at a guy like Roy and acknowledge the sacrifices you make on the bottom 6 and bottom pairing to sign him, or in the case of something like replacing faksa. If you buy out faksa you still have to replace him, if you want a quality replacement that minimizes the cap relief you are practically getting.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Recap:

Guentzel: Teams believe Carolina will get it done soon. Vancouver and Tampa also interested. No mention of Dallas this time

Tanev: Stars trying really hard to get him signed, but they're gonna have to give him numbers they aren't comfortable with. Vancouver and Toronto also very interested. They can both offer more term

Friedman reiterates that the Stars are interested in William Carrier.

Marek very briefly mentions the Stars as one of the teams who could be interested in Pesce. Just includes their name on a list of teams. NJ and Utah seem to be the top options there.

Brady Skjei is being targeted by Nashville.

Reactions: redbeardtx

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It's a 35+ contract so you can't really mess with the structure like that.
MOU of 35+ contracts changed a few years back, where just being aged 35 (not that it applies in Tane's case) doesn't necessarily make it a 35+ contract... see Suter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad