Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rollin109

Jun 21, 2007
The fact he really did not disclose what it is makes me think the odds he gets booed are significantly higher than if he gave a direct answer.

I really hope your wrong...maybe it turns out that this was all for a ridiculous reason but until anyone knows for sure I think of any Islander, Hamonic certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has been the quintessential Islander up to this point on and off the Ice.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I've said it before and I'll say it again: This team page has to be the funniest team page on HF.

True. Though I don't know what's funnier, the jokes, the serious opinions that some have or what's actually going on with the team. It's all hysterical! :laugh:

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I think Brian Strait's play with any other pairing on the ice can be summed up as this.

giphy.gif

BroadwayJay*

True. Though I don't know what's funnier, the jokes, the serious opinions that some have or what's actually going on with the team. It's all hysterical! :laugh:

The serious opinions. The "read-between-the-liners" are the best today. Truly solid gold.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I really hope your wrong...maybe it turns out that this was all for a ridiculous reason but until anyone knows for sure I think of any Islander, Hamonic certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt. He has been the quintessential Islander up to this point on and off the Ice.

He'll get booed. But luckily for him they're not in Nassau anymore so at least his car can't get keyed.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006

We may fight about this team

1517632688967312166.gif

They may cause us to drink too much

1496930282053097028.gif

But we are still ALL ISLANDERS!!!

18zo082brie1bgif.gif

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
i love hamonic, i am going to give him an especially large ovation tomorrow if he is a starter

Youre going to give him an especially large ovation because he wants to be traded? We dont even know what this personal issue is, everybody in the world had personal issues every day. Not everybody gets paid millions to do their job AND can demand they be relocated somewhere else. Not sure why this is worthy of an especially large ovation, sorry.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Youre going to give him an especially large ovation because he wants to be traded? We dont even know what this personal issue is, everybody in the world had personal issues every day. Not everybody gets paid millions to do their job AND can demand they be relocated somewhere else. Not sure why this is worthy of an especially large ovation, sorry.

or because i appreciate what he has done for this franchise and i moreso respect the kind of person he is....god forbid something like what i imagine he is going through happened to me, my work would not be my priority...i respect him for standing up for his beliefs

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
One thing I've noticed is people talking about this "leverage" issue.

Eric Lindros said he would "never" play for Quebec and made it very clear they would have to trade him. Nevertheless, QC got the haul that led to the team completely turning around the franchise and bringing a cup to Colorado immediately.

MSL was ONLY willing to be traded to the Rangers and Tampa, nevertheless, fleeced the Rangers in the deal.

Travis Hamonic is a young player, at a dreadfully shallow position, on an outstanding contract. I just don't see how we wouldn't get value for a player like that.

You will. As a fan of a rival team, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Hamonic as a player. I would love to have him and McDonagh on a pair together (would never happen though).

Hamonic is young, on a reasonable contract, is a heck of a defenseman and has room to improve. He is one of those players that most GM's wouldn't even believe would be available. It may take a bit longer than some fans want but I see zero reason why Snow can't get maximum value for Hamonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad