Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Main boards right now:
"Eberle"
"We don't need Eberle"
"**** you you ****ing ****s Eberle is a god and Hamonic is trash"

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
believe it or not, sometimes the health of your family members comes above sports. fustrating, i know, but we wont give him away for nothing. he's locked into a contract with us and there's nothing he can do about it unless one of the western canadian teams can make us an offer for him we like

Take a leave of absence. Take some of your millions and fly whoever out to NYC and put them in the best hospitals in the country.

Not buying this crap. This guy wants out because he has his 7 year deal and wants to spend it home.

Any emergency would result in a leave of absence. How sick can someone be where he's playing this good?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Isles playoff chances take a legitimate hit with Travis gone.

After all this organization has invested in him, he does something like this in year 2 of a long term deal.

The sooner they get rid of this cancer, the better. No teammates wants to go to war with a guy that wants out.

If Snow takes a hit, he takes a hit. But Travis has to go. STAT.

But say goodbye to the playoffs or going far. Forget that top 4 defenseman don't grow on trees, Travis is our number one defenseman.

This is seriously so Islanders it's not funny. At some point I think I have to bow out of this crap.

"O-VER-REACTION"

Clap, clap, clapclapclap..

I guess if Tavares also had a loved one very sick and respectfully asked for a trade that you'd deal him "STAT" as well for a 4th round pick - You know, just to get that "cancer" off the team.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The answer will always be Ownership.

How does stuff like this keep happening to us? How could this guy not want to play on a legitimate playoff contender and work out the family issues?

What a ****ing mess. I can't root for a player looking for a trade. So it won't be the same until he's gone. and I'd love to see how this impacts the dressing room.

Make a list of the best owners in sports and then look at how their teams have done under while they were owner.

Obviously you can then also make a list of the worst owners in sports and check the results for them as well, but I think you should've gotten it by then.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
OK, after 36 pages I'm on this.

Hamonic requested a trade.

Josh Bailey somehow influenced Hamonic to leave the Islanders by pointing out all the Barclays problems (ice, scoreboard, seating etc).

Animated GIF's are our friends.

Trouba>>>>>>>>>>Hamonic
Nurse>>>>>>>>>>>Hamonic
Myers<Hamonic
JVR>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gretzky
Eberle>>>>>>>>>>>Lemieux

Toronto fans believe that Morgan Riley is the next Bobby Orr and will explain to you in great detail why we are so fortunate to get him. What they are not explaining is how such greatness can be overlooked because they include him in every trade offer for any player. Doughty on the market you say? Well we can give you Riley and JVR, Riley = Orr just as MC=Squared.

I have way too much free time on my hands.

BroadwayJay and Bones45 go together like Lamb and Tuna.

LedPipe02 secretly has a huge "man crash" on Pulock. I also think it goes deeper then the crush, no pun intended.

Hip Of Rick is really Snow trolling us.

DanO16 is grumpy.

Buffalo fans really hate me.

You can now go back to your regular scheduled broadcast.

giphy.gif

BroadwayJay*

Josh Bailey somehow influenced Hamonic to leave the Islanders by pointing out all the Barclays problems (ice, scoreboard, seating etc).

Trouba>>>>>>>>>>Hamonic
Nurse>>>>>>>>>>>Hamonic
Myers<Hamonic
JVR>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gretzky
Eberle>>>>>>>>>>>Lemieux

Toronto fans believe that Morgan Riley is the next Bobby Orr and will explain to you in great detail why we are so fortunate to get him. What they are not explaining is how such greatness can be overlooked because they include him in every trade offer for any player. Doughty on the market you say? Well we can give you Riley and JVR, Riley = Orr just as MC=Squared.

LedPipe02 secretly has a huge "man crash" on Pulock. I also think it goes deeper then the crush, no pun intended.

DanO16 is grumpy.

giphy.gif

I think you got it.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc

Trouba>>>>>>>>>>Hamonic
Nurse>>>>>>>>>>>Hamonic
Myers<Hamonic
JVR>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gretzky
Eberle>>>>>>>>>>>Lemieux

DanO16 is grumpy.

giphy.gif

i think you have the basis for your next GDT for our next game against EDM

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida

Trouba>>>>>>>>>>Hamonic
Nurse>>>>>>>>>>>Hamonic
Myers<Hamonic
JVR>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gretzky
Eberle>>>>>>>>>>>Lemieux

DanO16 is grumpy.

giphy.gif

Quick crib notes for our test next week.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Main boards right now:
"Eberle"
"We don't need Eberle"
"**** you you ****ing ****s Eberle is a god and Hamonic is trash"

Eberle does not work for you

Eberle to Jets
???? to NYI
Hamoric to Edmonton

Jets are looking to move a D for a FW
Oilers are looking to add a D and move a FW
NYI want to get equal value for Hamoric

If it is the Oilers and NYI--my guess from the Oilers perspective either Klefbom or Nurse would need to be in the discussion. Hamoric is good and both Nurse and Klefbom have good chances to being good as well (nurse went 7th over all and Klef at 12--please do not call them trash--both are developing at a good pace)--but most oiler fans would call it a lateral move trading either Klef or Nurse for Hamoric as we are not in a win now mode (like as if we are ever) and we can wait for both Nurse and Klef to develop. Hamoric is of greater value right now--but in two years time both Klef and Nurse could be of equal value.

Just an observation from an oiler perspective

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Eberle does not work for you

Eberle to Jets
???? to NYI
Hamoric to Edmonton

Jets are looking to move a D for a FW
Oilers are looking to add a D and move a FW
NYI want to get equal value for Hamoric

If it is the Oilers and NYI--my guess from the Oilers perspective either Klefbom or Nurse would need to be in the discussion. Hamoric is good and both Nurse and Klefbom have good chances to being good as well (nurse went 7th over all and Klef at 12--please do not call them trash--both are developing at a good pace)--but most oiler fans would call it a lateral move trading either Klef or Nurse for Hamoric as we are not in a win now mode (like as if we are ever) and we can wait for both Nurse and Klef to develop. Hamoric is of greater value right now--but in two years time both Klef and Nurse could be of equal value.

Just an observation from an oiler perspective

It's been confirmed from multiple sources that any EDM proposal that doesn't have Nurse or Klefbom is a non-starter.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Why does everyone think I'm grumpy? I could be a captive audience for BJ's spreadsheets while Enigmatic is holding me in a headlock and Strummer is treating me like a major appliance.... and I'd smile.

Ever since you had my back on the Buffalo fiasco I can now feel like you are my Felix Unger, as I'm Oscar Madison.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It's been confirmed from multiple sources that any EDM proposal that doesn't have Nurse or Klefbom is a non-starter.

IF IF IF IF

The NYI are willing to take either Fayne or Schultz and something for Hamoric--most the oiler fan base will pass the hat to pay for a first class ticket

Where did you get confirmation that neither Klef or Nurse would not need to be involved? Only sources I have seen are oiler based--none from the NYI base--speculation is that Schultz could be of interest--if the oilers add their first

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Isles playoff chances take a legitimate hit with Travis gone.

After all this organization has invested in him, he does something like this in year 2 of a long term deal.

The sooner they get rid of this cancer, the better. No teammates wants to go to war with a guy that wants out.

If Snow takes a hit, he takes a hit. But Travis has to go. STAT.

But say goodbye to the playoffs or going far. Forget that top 4 defenseman don't grow on trees, Travis is our number one defenseman.

This is seriously so Islanders it's not funny. At some point I think I have to bow out of this crap.

Sooner rather than later would be preferable. Thanks.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
IF IF IF IF

The NYI are willing to take either Fayne or Schultz and something for Hamoric--most the oiler fan base will pass the hat to pay for a first class ticket

Where did you get confirmation that neither Klef or Nurse would not need to be involved? Only sources I have seen are oiler based--none from the NYI base--speculation is that Schultz could be of interest--if the oilers add their first

The Dreger interview today and Staple. Staple doesn't even think it would be with EDM because Nurse doesn't have enough experience to fill in.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
What do you guys think of this one: Tavares to Toronto and in exchange, Toronto helps us find a trade partner for Hamonic. Better to get this done now before Tavares asks for a trade and then he has no trade value.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
IF IF IF IF

Dude if Griffin Reinhardt (not an NHLer) can bring back 2 1sts. Then Hammer being an established Top 2 Defenseman will bring back Klefbom or Nurse. That will be end of conversation with Edmonton. Eberle is not a 1st line player. He is a good 2nd line player.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
What do you guys think of this one: Tavares to Toronto and in exchange, Toronto helps us find a trade partner for Hamonic. Better to get this done now before Tavares asks for a trade and then he has no trade value.

I'd only do that if they'd take Strome off our hands as well for Jake "The Snake" Gardiner.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
They said not jacob trouba

Although I'd do Eberle and Edmonton's 1st in '16 in a hot second.

Trouba is still thought of as a future Norris winner here, although thats probably far from realistic.

I don't think that a Hamonic +, for Trouba deal is completely off the table.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Dude if Griffin Reinhardt (not an NHLer) can bring back 2 1sts. Then Hammer being an established Top 2 Defenseman will bring back Klefbom or Nurse. That will be end of conversation with Edmonton. Eberle is not a 1st line player. He is a good 2nd line player.

I am the one saying that if the oilers/NYI get serious one of either Nurse or Klef will be involved and I am one of the guys saying Hamonic is one of the best D-men in the league

Eberle stats say other wise as for him being a 1st liner

24 goals last year and 28 the year before--but he is not what the NYI need

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I think Oiler fans are worse than Buffalo fans. They're just as willing, but less skilled at trolling. Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad