Post-Game Talk: Lmao worst collapse in NHL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
I've been doing a really good job not smoking any weed lately. None since February 11th, when Kansas City won the Super Bowl.
This might have to change Monday night.

Attachments

• IMG_1378.gif
    IMG_1378.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: Bostonzamboni

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I am so certain this series is done that I swore off all soda for a year if they actually win it. A change in lifestyle for me. I love my Doctor Pepper.

Money would be a meaningless sacrifice. No stakes in it. Nothing changes about my situation. THIS is a real gamble.

Let's see if this team can prove me wrong. I said "don't count the best player in the world out" when Edmonton was down 0-3.

When an Edmonton fan told me "you're still ahead," I told him it was completely meaningless with the Panthers looking like they do.

2 for 2... Looking at the body language, this team is done. They were too satisfied after game 3. I apologize for being a bummer, but this is what my instincts tell me.

Oh! Just to make sure I don't cheat, I told my wife and my dad about it. No more soda for a year.

Come on, guys! Prove me wrong.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don’t think they were satisfied after G3. They’ve had a business mindset throughout the whole year. I believe it was the perfect mindset. After G3 it looked like they were walking back to the room like it was the first intermission. I’ve been impressed how they’ve acted and talked the whole season. They never let themselves get too high. They were even giving game pucks to Bob and Gadjy who hasn’t even dressed. And also to a guy that isn’t even a player.

To me the guys and franchise deserve to be rewarded with the ultimate prize. I watched all the pressers the whole season and they are a fantastic bunch of guys. It would be a real shame for us fans but especially those guys if they can’t get the last win.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
Either way you look at it, I think this was the only possible outcome for us both in victory or defeat. It was always going to be either a rollercoaster suffer fest dragging on more than it should have full of heart attacks to give a new meaning to “4th is hardest one to get” or it was going to be a “psyche! Y’all thought it was going good now it’s misery x100000” to your 30 years of misery. Either way, at this point in ready for whatever and it all ending on Monday. I’m emotionally spent.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Any updated on Maurice's adjustments for Game 7? I'm assuming he's just going to fully run it back again for the 4th straight time? I would play the trap and wait for Edmonton to cough up the puck and cause turnovers. Clog up the neutral zone and be patient. Who cares if you only score 1 or 2 goals, a goal is a goal. You just need to outscore your opponent. Clog the neutral up and it will kill Edmonton's rush game.

If Maurice makes zero adjustments, 100% they lose and likely another blowout, on home ice. Completely embarrassed in front of their own fans.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don’t think they were satisfied after G3. They’ve had a business mindset throughout the whole year. I believe it was the perfect mindset. After G3 it looked like they were walking back to the room like it was the first intermission. I’ve been impressed how they’ve acted and talked the whole season. They never let themselves get too high. They were even giving game pucks to Bob and Gadjy who hasn’t even dressed. And also to a guy that isn’t even a player.

To me the guys and franchise deserve to be rewarded with the ultimate prize. I watched all the pressers the whole season and they are a fantastic bunch of guys. It would be a real shame for us fans but especially those guys if they can’t get the last win.
Agreed.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
They’re going to have to watch the tape, which they obviously will, but they HAVE to be mindful of these mistakes. I don’t know why they’re making them for a 3rd straight game. Not to mention a little bit of shooting luck always comes into play for every team every game, but regardless.

Goal 1 yeah Barkov accidentally half tapped it over to Reinhart, just getting it deep may have been the safer play and he just catches it clean instead of trying to pass to Reinhart on the blueline where he’s completely covered but the big thing was Ekblad gets tangled up and trips leaving foegle wide open. Tough break to trip and fall there.

The 2nd goal pissed me off the most. Our D always aggressively pinch, it’s a key part of our game, but only because our 3rd attacking forward covers for them. Watching it I don’t know what the hell bennett is doing. Ekblad is below the hash marks and Bennett swings back down into the slot. The Oilers move the puck forward and it’s a 2 on 1 and Henrique puts it off the inside of the post and in. Can’t allow that to happen. The 3rd forward has to be mindful and cover for the D when they pinch.

The 3rd goal Forsling probably would’ve been better off just playing it back down low. I like the intention to get everything on net but it goes off Hyman and he scores on a break away. Bob reads and plays it well, Hyman doesn’t roof it over him or slides it around the pad like janmark did. It just finds its way through the arm and his leg pad. Just gotta have your head up and see where the defending players are if you’re going to send stuff to the net.

All in all, pinch only when you have your 3rd F high and covering and the F needs to commit to that. Send it to the net from the point if you have an opening, don’t force it. And don’t fall down lol

Reactions: KW and Idiot Stick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad