Post-Game Talk: Lmao worst collapse in NHL history

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So one day far down the road you’re sitting next to another man and as fate would have it he’s from Edmonton Canada. You begin to tell both of your kids sitting with you about a hockey series called The Stanley Cup involving their towns , the kids were too young to remember in fact both of them do not buy the story and the two men smile at any each other as if they’ve known each other for a lifetime..

Last edited:

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
POMO and his coaches need to figure out how we can open up some lanes for our shooters. ITS NOT TOO LATE !
It is obvious that the Oilers do not want us to set up shots in their zone so it’s obvious that the coaches must face up and take care of this problem !!!!!!!!!

Defensively it’s more about finishing the fore checks and not allowing the Oilers to just freely skate in our zone without paying a price.

I do think it’s too late to correct our horrible PP but the odd man rushes off the PP MUST STOP !

COACHES ARE ON THE CLOCK !!!!

Reactions: harv33173

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
The real tragic ending would be a Henrique OT winner

You know what, throwing all my money at that outcome
20240402_222253.jpg

I can update my avatar

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
If we were losing competitive games, I could accept that, but we're getting absolutely steamrolled in these games. Even if we win tomorrow, that goal differential in the Finals is embarrassing.

Win or lose, I'll be fine with just keeping Barkov, Tkachuk, Fors, Lundell, Erod. Anyone else on this roster I won't be upset to see leave after this shit show.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I don’t think they were satisfied after G3. They’ve had a business mindset throughout the whole year. I believe it was the perfect mindset. After G3 it looked like they were walking back to the room like it was the first intermission. I’ve been impressed how they’ve acted and talked the whole season. They never let themselves get too high. They were even giving game pucks to Bob and Gadjy who hasn’t even dressed. And also to a guy that isn’t even a player.

To me the guys and franchise deserve to be rewarded with the ultimate prize. I watched all the pressers the whole season and they are a fantastic bunch of guys. It would be a real shame for us fans but especially those guys if they can’t get the last win.
I wouldn't feel bad for the players. Maybe long-time supporters who have followed this team for 30 years with almost nothing to show for it... Those are who I will feel for.

Why?

The players will have done it to themselves. 4 chances to end it with no one stepping up. Keep hearing "we just need one." "We're still confident we can pull this off." "Next game will be different."

Also, regardless of what happens for them, they are set for life. They worked hard to become pro athletes, and it's a risky path in life if one doesn't make it after having gone into it full time. I absolutely don't begrudge them making money... I just won't feel bad for them.

Deserve has nothing to do with it. It's put up or shut up. The same held true for Edmonton when they went down 0-3.

McDavid led by example and here we are. Can our guys do the same? We'll see... You know my position.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
This article explains well the situation. It's about setting the rhythm that Panthers did well in first games and Oilers have done it well in recent matches. The author blaims Kompon and argues that players have lost confidence in coaches' abilities. He also points out Coffey's role.

Of course there are as many opinions and analyses as there are hockey journalists but I also think that the biggest difference where Panthers is losing the series is in coaching. Oilers staff is able to learn and improve during the series, Panthers not. They couldn't change anything in the Vegas series and we blaimed injuries. Now they should be healthy and have a lot of energy but they lose games because coaching becomes weaker and weaker as the series goes on.

Justlou4545

Jul 14, 2007
Hialeah,Fl
They should put ERod in Verhaege's spot, finally a righty for one-timers, has an underrated shot, skates well and is defensively responsible. Sounds like the better fix to me than Tarasenko
Meh... I think tank has a better shot an better play maker... Biggest knock on Swaggy is he isn't a really a great PP guy, much like Forlsing they thrive on 5v5 not on the PP. I never really liked what I've seen from Forsling when on the pp unless they maybe try to go back to having him on the wing for his big one timer like the old Ekblad days. Don't think Fors will ever be a PP Qb but I'd happily eat crow if it ever does workout in the future.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Meh... I think tank has a better shot an better play maker... Biggest knock on Swaggy is he isn't a really a great PP guy, much like Forlsing they thrive on 5v5 not on the PP. I never really liked what I've seen from Forsling when on the pp unless they maybe try to go back to having him on the wing for his big one timer like the old Ekblad days. Don't think Fors will ever be a PP Qb but I'd happily eat crow if it ever does workout in the future.
ERod has been our best scorer in this series. Only realistisc choice if we they want to mix it up.

Reactions: behemolari

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Actually there is one and only one scenario that will get rid of the stink from the last three games for me and put my faith back into the team at constructed. And that's if we come out and absolutely destroy the Oilers with no doubt to who the better team is in game 7. That's it.

Anything short of that, of course I'd be happy if we win, but this team would need major reconstruction in my mind.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Actually there is one and only one scenario that will get rid of the stink from the last three games for me and put my faith back into the team at constructed. And that's if we come out and absolutely destroy the Oilers with no doubt to who the better team is in game 7. That's it.

Anything short of that, of course I'd be happy if we win, but this team would need major reconstruction in my mind.
This team’s D core needs a major overhaul.

Reactions: Mellanby27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad