Speculation: Requesting news on Campbell buyout? Oilers need cap

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Last I read was that Edmonton would prefer to trade Campbell rather than buy him out and were still working on it. I suspect he'll be on waivers tomorrow morning for a buy-out, though. I just can't fathom anyone trading for Campbell in a way that would benefit Edmonton (i.e. teams willing to take him would only be willing to take him if they got a boatload of picks/prospects (which Edmonton does not have) or in return for an equally bad salary (which Edmonton could not take back!).

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Trying to trade him with the very few trade chips they have, they are in cap hell and need to explore other avenues before a buyout

Reactions: Czechboy

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
To make it worse, oilers likely don't want to use their second rounder to trade him when they don't know if they will have the 1st rounder next year but who knows
The fact the Oilers are still seemingly interested in making picks in the top few rounds during this period of their contention window is probably the biggest indictment of management of all

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Last I read was that Edmonton would prefer to trade Campbell rather than buy him out and were still working on it. I suspect he'll be on waivers tomorrow morning for a buy-out, though. I just can't fathom anyone trading for Campbell in a way that would benefit Edmonton (i.e. teams willing to take him would only be willing to take him if they got a boatload of picks/prospects (which Edmonton does not have) or in return for an equally bad salary (which Edmonton could not take back!).
Buyout window closes today at 5pm Eastern.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don’t know how the Oilers can realistically offload him now that they don’t really have the ability to trade a 1st round pick. I think buy-out is most likely.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don’t know how the Oilers can realistically offload him now that they don’t really have the ability to trade a 1st round pick. I think buy-out is most likely.
They must be working on something. Buyout should been automatic.

Wonder if trade him for bad contract but shorter term. At 8 years it's long term caphit.

Ledge And Dairy

moving up for playoffs count? i thought he was with black aces
  1. A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, OR has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b) (Despite the CBA reference saying 30 days AND 10 games, the rule is actually 30 days OR 10 games)
So even though there was a transaction on April 28th that brought him back up he was never once on the active roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad