Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I've been waiting all day for that reference :laugh:

Haha, I believe it to my core. WhIle Eberle is clearly more talented and superior, what exactly does he provide that Boyes didn't when he was with us? Another smurf, doesn't play defense, and one dimensional? He's another stealth player who can put up numbers with talented linemates. PASS.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Really seems to me that he is going to stop playing hockey a couple years down the road. This is so sad and I wish the best for Travis, and I'm glad we're going to be able to get a return for a player whose heart may not be fully into hockey - and I don't mean that in a degrading way to Travis at all.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Really seems to me that he is going to stop playing hockey a couple years down the road. This is so sad and I wish the best for Travis, and I'm glad we're going to be able to get a return for a player whose heart may not be fully into hockey - and I don't mean that in a degrading way to Travis at all.

Another in-between-the-lines reader! Good work!

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Whatever the reasons are (whether he's fed up, has extenuating personal circumstances, or a combination), I wholeheartedly respect his decision.

He has been nothing but a AAA player during his time here and has put up with the Ringling Brothers organization here through some pretty wild visicittudes of downright crap teams through some pretty damn good moments.

Anyone who has tolerated this for as long as he has, deserves a pat on the back. See Vanek, Nabokov, and Lubo (as well as a number of others) who have reacted very differently.

I hope his career continues to flourish and I hope one day we will see him back in an Isles jersey.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

I'm curious what makes you feel that way? Before yesterday, I don't think anyone would say he looked disengaged and didn't love the game. Whatever is going on in his life currently will pass (and sure if it is a family illness he is broken up about it) and he has always had that leadership quality that would make for a letter on his jersey and possibly coaching at the end of the road.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Looking forward to hearing this joke of a fanbase boo him when touches the puck.

The fact he really did not disclose what it is makes me think the odds he gets booed are significantly higher than if he gave a direct answer.

Spybot

May 12, 2014

He could have just said "play the game", it's strange how he added "on the ice", everybody at this point knows that whatever it is at Barclays cannot be called ice, it's a subtle jab, in other words he may be saying he's not willing to play to his ability in Brooklyn and wants out.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
This whole thing is wierd. I dont get it. I'd rather snow move him asap. I know teams have to offer what we want but this is going to be a distraction no matter what anyone says

BroadwayJay*

He could have just said "play the game", it's strange how he added "on the ice", everybody at this point knows that whatever it is at Barclays cannot be called ice, it's a subtle jab, in other words he may be saying he's not willing to play to his ability in Brooklyn and wants out.

Was the explanation really necessary? Seems plain as day to me.

I just wouldn't also discount the Josh Bailey factor in the decision.

JPIsles21

Jul 9, 2006
Yeah, blah blah blah. A guy who desperately wants off the team is gonna play his hardest. Well at least Cappy will be happy, he loves guys who play hahd.

So Hamonic asked about this in the offseason. Sounds like Caps and probably some teammates knew about this already. Even with all this, he has been our most consistent dman this season. He has actually been better this year than last. There is no reason to believe that his request means will mean poor play.

islesjuncky

Jun 15, 2014
new york
I guess we'll never be a good hockey team. Jt hates barclays. Hamer is out. Strome gone. Pulock ahl. Okie out. Frans out. Ho sang forgot to wake up. Bailey sucks.
Brian strait our #1 dman:cry: Capps our coach till he dies.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

Wow. This might be the all-time best post on the topic. Gold star! :amazed:

EDIT: I'm now hoping this post was mockery. If not, I reiterate :amazed:

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Was the explanation really necessary? Seems plain as day to me.

I just wouldn't also discount the Josh Bailey factor in the decision.

Look at Bailey's face, pretty annoying, he's probably an annoying person as well. He may have been yanking Hamonic's chain for who knows how long.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
He could have just said "play the game", it's strange how he added "on the ice"[, everybody at this point knows that whatever it is at Barclays cannot be called ice, it's a subtle jab, in other words he may be saying he's not willing to play to his ability in Brooklyn and wants out.

Much ado about nothing.

Facepalm-GIFS-1.gif

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I'm curious what makes you feel that way? Before yesterday, I don't think anyone would say he looked disengaged and didn't love the game. Whatever is going on in his life currently will pass (and sure if it is a family illness he is broken up about it) and he has always had that leadership quality that would make for a letter on his jersey and possibly coaching at the end of the road.

I don't mean that he doesn't love playing. The situation may or may not be affecting his performance, I wouldn't know.

This has to be a long term issue. If he needed time off, the Islanders would give him time off. His family matter is far more important to him than hockey, and the sacrifices that a professional athlete has to make could become too much for him. If he is not traded to Winnipeg, I would not be surprised if he decides he doesn't have time to be a pro hockey player a few years from now.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
guys, while wild. rampant speculation and nonsense is annoying, we are allowed to try and speculate a bit....this isnt a court room where only factual text is allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad