Training Camp 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
The team goes out of its way to claim that Tortorella is part of a “triumvirate” with a big say on personnel decisions. He’s more than just a coach — that’s what they say (we could argue he’s less than a coach but I digress). So, yes, it would stand to reason that he would be familiar with more than just the NHL roster. And he would be doing more prep work than training camp.
Assuming Torts does any work at all is bold choice.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Training Camp at 40 players now with more cuts soon on the way.

Earlier today the Flyers loaned forward Elliot Desnoyers and defenseman Helge Grans to the Phantoms. In addition, the Flyers have released forwards Jordy Bellerive and Jacob Gaucher from their professional try-outs (PTO) and both will report to the Phantoms. Bellerive and Gaucher are on AHL contracts.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Veteran players:

Couts (31) - a fixture with that contract
Atkinson (34) - 2 years at $5.25M, played 20 minutes, even with a good season, hard to move at the TDL due to 2nd season, but with one year left, next summer
Laughton (29) - 3 years left, probably gone next summer when Gauthier arrives
Deslauriers (32) - 3 years left, but might waive NTC, low salary makes him easier to move, if not at the TDL, next summer
Hathaway (32) - 2 years, low salary and solid play might make him moveable at the TDL, definitely next summer

Sanheim - 8 year deal makes him a fixture, if he adjusts to RHD and plays up to his contract, they'll be happy to keep him
Risto (29) - 4 years left, could move him next summer with some money retained
Walker (29) - 1 year left, prime TDL trade bait
Seeler (30) - 1 year left, prime TDL tarde bait
Staal (37) - 1 year left, 7th D-man

So next year it's possible that only Couts and Sanheim are left from this group. Maybe Risto.

All the longer term contracts were inherited, Briere gave one 2 year deal, one 1 year deal, traded for one 1 year deal.

Interesting they had Allison on the left side.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Easily movable Risto who became unmovable has become movable again. All said in a span of nine months of 2023. Lol
He's hard to move this year (see Hayes), easier next summer (say 3x3 or take a contract back).
Even a $4M cap increase next summer will create a lot more room to move players around the league.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
I repeat: the entire organization needs to be fired and rebuilt from the ground up.
it's being REBUILT :dunno:

I'm impressed with some of the kids they've drafted
I like Briere's approach, seems to be handling the pressure GREAT(always smiling)

Torts has over 700 career wins - 2 Jack Adams - Stanley Cup, nuff said.....
he has his own style, so what

Brink makes the team or I call HR :sarcasm:

Flyers D still a concern, JMHO

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
it's being REBUILT :dunno:

I'm impressed with some of the kids they've drafted
I like Briere's approach, seems to be handling the pressure GREAT(always smiling)

Torts has over 700 career wins - 2 Jack Adams - Stanley Cup, nuff said.....
he has his own style, so what

Brink makes the team or I call HR :sarcasm:

Flyers D still a concern, JMHO

Nothing has been rebuilt. It's all the same.

Tortorella is incompetent, shit coaches win awards all the time, and he hasn't been successful in 20 years.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He's hard to move this year (see Hayes), easier next summer (say 3x3 or take a contract back).
Even a $4M cap increase next summer will create a lot more room to move players around the league.
yes but will a team want to waste that increase on an overpaid 3rd pair dman with zero playoff experience? Nope.

To retain 2 mill for 3 years while still having 2 years on hayes retention would not be smart imo. If they are rebuilding like you say you justy ride the contract out.

Still will believe the big cap increase when I see it.

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
yes but will a team want to waste that increase on an overpaid 3rd pair dman with zero playoff experience? Nope.

To retain 2 mill for 3 years while still having 2 years on hayes retention would not be smart imo. If they are rebuilding like you say you justy ride the contract out.

Still will believe the big cap increase when I see it.
The cap is flat b/c players had to pay off the escrow account that maintained salaries during COVID.
It'll be paid off by next summer.
Cap is then projected to rise about 5% a year.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
The cap is flat b/c players had to pay off the escrow account that maintained salaries during COVID.
It'll be paid off by next summer.
Cap is then projected to rise about 5% a year.
its still wild to me the players had to pay to play for those years, what a baller move by bettman

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
They won on dominant offense and possession. They completely blew the rest of the playoffs away offensively by a significant margin. How are you always this wrong?

Maybe you can claim Peyton Manning was a mobile QB for your next trick.
I mean that one rushing TD was pretty sweet. Whole stadium was faked out

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Since there's no GDT yet:

Farabee - Couturier - Konecny
Tippett - Frost - Atkinson
Laughton - Cates - Foerster
Allison - Poehling - Brink

York - Ristolainen
Zamula - Sanheim
Ginning - Attard

Allison getting another shot at LW.
1st two lines is what I expect to start the season, only question is Tippett or Atkinson at LW.
Third line is Foerster or Brink, and I expect they'll rotate between the 3rd and 4th line.

The first four D-men are probably going to be the top four in some order.
Ginning - Attard getting a long look, Seeler/Staal/Walker are known quantities.

There are four players missing from both the 10 AM game group and the 10 AM non-game group: Samu Tuomaala, Olle Lycksell, Brendan Furry and Matt Brown.
Probably going to LHV which has a preseason game tomorrow.

Reactions: captainpaxil

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023

York - Ristolainen
Zamula - Sanheim
Ginning - Attard

1st two lines is what I expect to start the season, only question is Tippett or Atkinson at LW.
Third line is Foerster or Brink, and I expect they'll rotate between the 3rd and 4th line.

There are four players missing from both the 10 AM game group and the 10 AM non-game group: Samu Tuomaala, Olle Lycksell, Brendan Furry and Matt Brown.
is this tonights lineup?

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

York - Ristolainen
Zamula - Sanheim
Ginning - Attard

There is a GDT. You have Beef blocked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad