Training Camp 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Its really astonishing how little things change. Losing a decent on waivers and keeping a handful of young players just to say "look see kids made the team!" only to barely play them and send them down eventually...same thing happened under hextall/hak and under fletcher.

Andrea and Zamula both wont play game 1 along with one Brink or Foerster and theyll lose Allison. Just trash asset management and development.

Deslauries should never be chosen over allison.

And it never will as long as Supreme Chancellor Torts is here. He's one of the last prehistoric coachs in the league. The exact opposite type of coach a team in a supposed rebuild should have. The Flyers are shit.

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Brink and Foerster need to play. Yo yoing them around is setting them up for failure. You cant throw a player into a few games and make decisions on their future based on such a small sample size. Frost is a great example...they finally gave him a full season and he struggled early but then found his rythmn. They need to give these young guys a full season.

This is all bc od Nick Deslauries. But we are told "these depth signings dont matter!".
Deslauriers has nothing to do with Brink or Foerster, they're top nine or LHV, they're not playing on the 4th line.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Deslauriers has nothing to do with Brink or Foerster, they're top nine or LHV, they're not playing on the 4th line.

They can play on the 4th line. That's a perfectly fine place for them, on a team that isn't massively stupid. A quarter of lineup is completely blocked off to them to start. The top 6 effectively is too.

You repeatedly assured us that wouldn't be the case. Why were you wrong?

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
The fact of the matter is that Wade Allison at 26 just isn't that good of a hockey player at the NHL level. He's not all that young anymore either.

31 other NHL teams decided that he wasn't worth claiming on a 1 year / 45k more than league min contract. But this board will make it out to be a travesty, and all the posters who just assumed that we'd made a drastic mistake and were certain he'd be claimed will totally gloss over this fact.

Time to move on to shouting about Deslauriers again!!!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
IMG_0245.jpeg

For whatever reason they really like Sandstrom better than public opinion.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Move Laughton down.
Too complicated for Torts to manage.
The fact of the matter is that Wade Allison at 26 just isn't that good of a hockey player at the NHL level. He's not all that young anymore either.

31 other NHL teams decided that he wasn't worth claiming on a 1 year / 45k more than league min contract. But this board will make it out to be a travesty, and all the posters who just assumed that we'd made a drastic mistake and were certain he'd be claimed will totally gloss over this fact.

Time to move on to shouting about Deslauriers again!!!
You’re very strident in blindly supporting the roster moves of a team that has given us absolutely no reason to believe in their process over the last few years. A team that is now run by a rookie GM with heavy influence from the league’s oldest dinosaur coach and a goofball commentator. I have hope Briere can fight thru their nonsense and emerge as good young GM, but it’s way too early to be counting any chickens.

Allison is almost 26, but he also missed a lot of games so he’s not fully developed. And he has legitimate upside with his plus shot if he can stay healthy.

Last edited:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Briere isn’t solely running shit. The same way that Fletcher wasn’t.

And the same reason why they danced on Hextall’s grave.

Say Danny comes in tomorrow, and states they have to fire Tortorella. Or need to move on from say Lombardi.

Think it happens? As much as I’ll want to pile on Briere any power he does have is very much on an allowed basis.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Briere isn’t solely running shit. The same way that Fletcher wasn’t.

And the same reason why they danced on Hextall’s grave.

Say Danny comes in tomorrow, and states they have to fire Tortorella. Or need to move on from say Lombardi.

Think it happens? As much as I’ll want to pile on Briere any power he does have is very much on an allowed basis.
When a gm gets hired and told he has to keep the coach, he has no power.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
View attachment 750134

For whatever reason they really like Sandstrom better than public opinion.
They probably see him as a reliable backup or Phantoms mainstay who can cone up if necessary. Plus the added storm clouds around Hart. There's a feeling he'll be claimed so they don't want to risk losing him. I don't have a problem with it even if they send Ersson down long term. This year's gonna be a shit show with or without Hart so having Ersson down in AHL to save Sandstrom for the time being is AOK with me.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Don't forget the "president" had this same prerequisite requirement before being hired. Build from the coach out.
New era.

Build from the coach out, off the ice
Build from the 4th line out, on the ice

Truly forward thinkers.

They probably see him as a reliable backup or Phantoms mainstay who can cone up if necessary. Plus the added storm clouds around Hart. There's a feeling he'll be claimed so they don't want to risk losing him. I don't have a problem with it even if they send Ersson down long term. This year's gonna be a shit show with or without Hart so having Ersson down in AHL to save Sandstrom for the time being is AOK with me.
I said it before, waive him the day the Leafs waive Jones as people will put in a bid for him 1st.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
has andrae made the team
Flyers didn’t waive Egor Zamula so unless they are carrying 8 defensemen and keep both Zamula and Andrae we won’t know for sure until after 5pm eastern.

Same goes with Felix Sandstrom but the Flyers could do the old switch-a-roo and waive Sandstrom after they recall Ersson in a paper move to start off the season with as much cap space as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fantomas

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
For Andrae to play, one of Staal or Seeler have to sit. That assumes Zamula is sitting also. Walker too I guess but running with 1 RHD would be odd.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad