Training Camp 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
This looks like they're still looking at players and roles.
Don't have to make a decision until Monday.
Suspect Briere is keeping his phone close by. Allison and Laughton may have a market.

A lot of teams are close to the cap, and might want to work with a team that can absorb a million or two.
will you please fn stop with the laughton trade BS. He isn't being moved anytime soon and 99.9% at all.

So what teams you think can create a market for Allison? I suspect every team has their own version of allison.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
May be more a matter of chemistry, right now it's more a matter of three LW/C pairings, and the RWs may shuffle until they find the best fit. Of course, if Brink forces his way into the LW conversation, things change again.

Torts wants to play both Foerster and Brink or one would have been sent down already.
Atkinson can't be traded, can't be bought out this year, and Torts likes him and they want to see if he bounces back.
So that leaves Laughton as the odd man out, makes more sense to trade him than stick him at 4LW, but Briere may be patient, put Brink in LHV for a while waiting for a good offer.

Reason I don't buy Laughton for a 1st and 2nd - Schenn was a deal for a 1st and 2nd, with the 2nd pumped up to an expected late first by taking on Lehtera. So if St Louis valued Schenn that way, you know they'd have a lesser value on Laughton - which suggests a salary dump was part of the deal.

I'd be happy with a late first for Laughton, and a second asset if we take back a bad contract to enable a PO team to fit him under the cap.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
May be more a matter of chemistry, right now it's more a matter of three LW/C pairings, and the RWs may shuffle until they find the best fit. Of course, if Brink forces his way into the LW conversation, things change again.

Torts wants to play both Foerster and Brink or one would have been sent down already.
Atkinson can't be traded, can't be bought out this year, and Torts likes him and they want to see if he bounces back.
So that leaves Laughton as the odd man out, makes more sense to trade him than stick him at 4LW, but Briere may be patient, put Brink in LHV for a while waiting for a good offer.

Reason I don't buy Laughton for a 1st and 2nd - Schenn was a deal for a 1st and 2nd, with the 2nd pumped up to an expected late first by taking on Lehtera. So if St Louis valued Schenn that way, you know they'd have a lesser value on Laughton - which suggests a salary dump was part of the deal.

I'd be happy with a late first for Laughton, and a second asset if we take back a bad contract to enable a PO team to fit him under the cap.
laughton the odd man out. No one is buying it.

Reactions: Tripod

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

They are never trading Laughton. You have no understanding of how the team thinks or works. That's why you're wrong about everything all the time.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
They are never trading Laughton. You have no understanding of how the team thinks or works. That's why you're wrong about everything all the time.
I think there is a chance they trade Laughton, but that would be after they wait as long as possible and he returns a pittance compared to the numerous times much more was offered. The Simmonds special.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
This looks like they're still looking at players and roles.
Don't have to make a decision until Monday.
Suspect Briere is keeping his phone close by. Allison and Laughton may have a market.

A lot of teams are close to the cap, and might want to work with a team that can absorb a million or two.
Laughton had a market last TDL, a first and a second to be exact, and they still didn't trade him. Why would they trade him now?

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad