GDT: Trades & Free Agency -- Off-season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
True that, is Woll a good gamble? I don’t see why they had to offer that kind of money, and if they didn’t have to why did they? I mwan what leverage does Woll have?
They are potentially paying him the 27th highest goaltending salary... What would've your preferred contract be?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Wouldn’t the old boss would let Woll play really well this year and get stuck paying him 6+?

Not saying this is the right move, but if you’re confident in Woll, waiting means the dollars go up.

Hindsight shows it was smarter. Dubas was supposed to use magic computers to have foresight.

Guess he’s not a genius…..

Only one meaningful result. Playoff results.

Still no on the list?
Woll has showed promise, that’s all, and that’s a gamble imo…….

Shesterkin probably getting 8-9M per

Saros likely 7.5M+

If Woll pans out, could be a nice deal for us.
IF’s and BUT’s people, IF’s and BUT’s………

Reactions: hullsy47

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
What kind of deal would it take to get Marino?

I will be nice and start the package off with Keefe's favorite Kampf.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Guys, obviously it's a different situation. But the leafs probably save a couple million if they tried locking up Marner/Matthews/Nylander right away when it became a thing.

They can do the same thing with Knies that they did with Woll. Obviously there's some risk into play here, but this is how teams get these contracts that we go "wow wish we could get that!!"

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Overpaid Nylander, now Woll, didn’t get term on Mathews, so far Benoit and McMann are the only guys signed to fair deals. Can’t wait to see shat mistakes he makes next…….
That's not an overpayment, it's less than 4M on a 92M cap

There's risk with Woll's injury history but it's almost the same amount we paid Samsonov on an 84M cap

Honestly you don't have a clue what you're talking about, you don't like the risk and don't want to pay him that's fine but if that's your opinion you let him walk because that money is more than fair to the organization

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Woll has showed promise, that’s all, and that’s a gamble imo…….

Oh, it's 100% a gamble. It's probably worth it, if only because we NEED him to be good.

We'll either become a more legit contender with a bargain #1 goalie.... or we'll remain a non-contender with an overpaid backup goalie.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Noting, nothing has been signed yet, and this is a rumour.

1719260140668.png

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That's not an overpayment, it's less than 4M on a 92M cap

There's risk with Woll's injury history but it's almost the same amount we paid Samsonov on an 84M cap

Honestly you don't have a clue what you're talking about, you don't like the risk and don't want to pay him that's fine but if that's your opinion you let him walk because that money is more than fair to the organization
hasn't proved he can be a starting goalie in the NHL, why pay him like one until he is? I do have a clue what I'm talking about, it's called fiscal responsibility.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad